Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember when this site purported to fight fraud and be committed to free speech?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Also want to point out that to date, nothing has been donated to the OSA Vaca Vegas Fund this year

Fake deaths, scamming, pumping of crypto can all happen but when someone truthfully crowdfunds money so he can engage in copious amounts of sex and debauchery in Vegas, THATS FUCKING FROWNED UPON.

For shame. FOR SHAME.

Load Metric
    My pony is slow. What happened?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    So, regarding this shitcoin. If nobody knew it was a pyramid scheme/ ponzi then whats the big deal?

1 guy was pushing it right?

:whofuckingcares

Do your homework and invest in your own shit/ thread

barely three months ago a post starts that Lewfather was trolling him very aggressively soon after tragic news about c$ health is announced, very shortly after China announces C$ passing. Normally at this point at least his first name is announced at least Brandon unusually silent through even now. I guess i was hoping some one other than China could announce this news as i don't have a lot of respect for him (sorry china) your full of shit for the most part you use to post a lot and come on radio till you fucked up at the main event years ago and and the whole Jassep bull shit, lastly you only post in your sucker bet thread and thats it. I haven't seen Druff comment yet and will believe this only when some one more trustworthy acnolidges C$'s passing I am hoping not true... I have always liked and respected him for his honesty and generosity. personally have a hard time dealing with this kind of news so sorry if it sounds cold hearted.

RIP if true.

Comments

gimmick: ok call, Cmoneys name was semi known though
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've decided I have more to say about my decision, and it is forthcoming. The forum is owed more information regarding something like this, given how long and how much daily time many of you have put into this place. Maybe by the end of it, you will understand better why I decided what I did.

Stand by.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I’m not saying searles is wrong, but I have zero recollection of Daly having any involvement in that. Maybe a link? I tend to group posters into mental groups, and I don’t associate Daly with that group.
    No recollection, but here's the biggest thread...

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...te-not-really)

...the most relevant posts (post 1 and 15) are on the first page.
    Post #74 and 76 Daly laying it on thick. Post #242 I clearly name the bad actors.

Daly is old school New England if my memory serves me right. Long time old friends with China. Daly fucking knew guys.

Lastly, I had forgotten how terrible China was in that thread. Mocking and laughing at people afterwards. Effectively left the forums. Fat ass sloth from the Goonies looking motherfucker.

Comments

gimmick: not convinced from that alone, but maybe
    Last edited by jsearles22; 09-10-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    About a week ago -- before this latest situation blew up -- I was thinking about my trajectory in the poker world. At the tables, I was mostly happy with it. I stuck primarily to what I was good at, took shots but no crazy risks, and never let ego or degeneracy destroy my bankroll. Poker brought me financial success, albeit to a lesser extent post-Black-Friday. I even got a WSOP bracelet out of it.

However, from the standpoint of off-the-felt poker association, I felt like the dumbest guy in the game. While others ventured into the lucrative worlds of affiliate marketing, training videos/books, and safe content aimed at the masses, I took the route of both free speech advocate and anti-cheating/scamming advocacy.

While I have always been drawn to the free speech type of online spaces, and while I've gotten to know a lot of great people on these forums, unfortunately it also attracts a certain percentage of unstable, vindictive, and miserable people who also find themselves at home in such a community. The problem is that while they're initially welcomed, and seem okay at first, eventually their true colors show, I have to ban them (or refuse to suppress damning info about their past), and suddenly I have a new enemy for life. Multiply this by 17 years in this community, including some whose grudges never go away, and I'm sure you can imagine how unpleasant this is.

Additionaly, my aggressive coverage and exposure of scams and scandals in poker makes even more enemies. Some of them are the scammers themselves, who blame me for either ruining their routine or sullying their name. However, I also get the bizarre side effect of running into seemingly good hearted people who come out of the woodwork to "help" expose some scam, and then are exposed for being shady themselves. Even if I'm not the one to out this (I'm usually not), I get blamed for not suppressing it and not appreciating their "help", and again, I have yet another new enemy.

Perhaps most bizarre are some formerly banned users who have invented strange conspiracy theories in their heads that I have been researching them and working behind the scenes to ruin their lives. Often these are people I never even think of, unless their name comes up. Any attempts to cool them down or explain the reality (that I don't give them a second thought after banning them, provided they go away) falls on deaf ears.

Even beyond that, among the 2,000 or so weekly radio listeners (most of whom don't even read the forum), there exist a few psychos who irrationally hate me with a passion, yet won't miss a minute of any episode. Most of the time they sit and stew in silence. Occasionally they work themselves up to send me rambling, accusatory e-mails full of insults and/or veiled threats.

Add all of the above together, and you can imagine what I deal with as owner of this forum and radio show host, and as more people accumulate each year with some kind imagined beef with me (most of whom I haven't wronged at all, and can't even rationally explain what I did to them), the more stressful it becomes.

Also, in a world which is increasingly sensitive and cancel-happy, you can imagine how damaging it can be to my reputation to run a free-speech style forum. Each year at the WSOP, I have some uncomfortable conversations with people at the table who ask me why I run a forum "full of so much hate". While most of you here are anonymous, I am not.

Oh... and I was sued for $330 million last year, for the terrible crime of reporting on one of the biggest cheating allegations in poker history, even though I started covering it AFTER the scandal had already blown up huge. I emerged victorious because the case was crap and I had a great attorney, but yes, the whole thing was very stressful, and isn't even over yet.

So why am I telling you all of this, and what does it have to do with some controversial cryptotoken?

I've been dealing with a lot of shit this year, related to some of the above. I've posted about some of it. Much of it I've kept silent, though if you've been watching closely, you have seen clues to some of it. Each of these takes a ton of time, effort, and stress to deal with. It's often impossible to rectify using the court system or law enforcement, for various reasons.

Last week, before any of this crypto controversy came to a head, I asked myself why I'm still bothering with any of this. It makes no money. It's not designed to make money. It doesn't open any opportunities for me, nor does it bring a large audience to my site or show. At the same time, it all brings a large personal cost to me -- a constant stream of new enemies, a steady helping of new unstable psychos imagining that I'm after them, and a lot of time spent dealing with it which I have to take away from my family.

When I was a young guy, it was different. I had more time, energy, and resolve to deal with stuff like this. Now I'm almost 50, and I'm only three years removed from a major psychological episode which permanently damaged me, and where I feel constantly on the verge of falling back into.

With all of that said, I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy. I don't deserve your sympathy. I made the choice to run a free speech forum. I made the choice to expose scammers, and to inject my loud mouth into controversial situations. I could have quietly grinded mid-high stakes limit holdem like the mild-mannered Minnesotans do, steadily made money, and mostly kept my head out of traffic. But that's not me. I have always been opinionated, and I have always enjoyed expressing my opinion. I've always enjoyed delving into complex situations, getting to what I believe is the truth, and then breaking it down in easily digestible forms for those with less dedication to the story. I've always liked giving my take on everything. It's hard for me to sit quietly in the background.

However, one must also have priorities, especially when they are aging, facing lingering psychological issues, and have a family. About a week ago, I was coming very close to closing the whole thing down, putting up a message thanking everyone for the interesting and entertaining 17 years -- over half of which were on this forum -- and riding off into the sunset. Not because of any one person or incident, but due to several things occurring over time, including some this year and presently, which have slowly negated the enjoyment and satisfaction I get from running this place. I knew that such a decision would be huge, and I was going to take some more time to evaluate what I should do.

Then this happened. Just another thing to add to the pile of stress, and with no easy solution. There were many reasons why leaving the thread up could be harmful to me, PFA, and even to various randoms who might stumble onto it. There were also many reasons why removing it would look like a terrible and hypocritical decision which would piss everyone off. There's a lot more to the reasoning behind the decision than you might think, even though I really have no role in the entire situation, other than making a hasty decision of what type of thread to allow here.

This was the last thing I needed on top of everything else happening. More stress. More controversy. More time away from the family to deal with things.

I would love to be the guy who is always 100% consistent and always 100% standing for free speech and open discussion no matter what. Unfortunately, there's a price for that, and honestly I'm almost at my breaking point. I knew full well how frustrated many people would be by this decision. I made it because the choices were either shut it down and move on, or finally take the site down for good.

Again, I ask nobody for sympathy here, and I am not trying to throw a pity party. Just telling you my honest thinking, and that you would be shocked if you saw the shit I constantly have to deal with in the background as a result of running this site -- most of which I try my best to avoid and not escalate.

Anyone who would like to know more is welcome to PM me or text me at (775) 372-8355.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: real talk

splitthis:

Walter Sobchak: Fuck the haters, focus on the positive

LegalizeMeth: mans gotta have a code

Load Metric
    so where are we vis a vis on is this worse than ur hot dog on a stick anxiety and where is the 2nd dinner almost killed me merch

Comments

1marley1: would buy

Load Metric
    cuz you know id fucking wear it maybe life of pablo font

Load Metric
    the streets are fucking watching todgler and i dont want to say it but were gonna need long sleeves in light grey and maybe a black

Load Metric
    tine could you fuck with a magenta? i feel like ur skin tone could pull off a magenta get the merch up todge

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

No recollection, but here's the biggest thread...

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...te-not-really)

...the most relevant posts (post 1 and 15) are on the first page.
    Post #74 and 76 Daly laying it on thick. Post #242 I clearly name the bad actors.

Daly is old school New England if my memory serves me right. Long time old friends with China. Daly fucking knew guys.

Lastly, I had forgotten how terrible China was in that thread. Mocking and laughing at people afterwards. Effectively left the forums. Fat ass sloth from the Goonies looking motherfucker.

Took a minute. Does this convince anyone?

Name:  5FED4EF9-0E3D-447E-9F2B-0FD77F001A4A.jpeg
Views: 289
Size:  900.1 KB

Comments

BCR: I had no recollectioN, but wasn’t going to call you wrong as you’re pretty good with history here also. He was still under the radar guy then. Not known. Still like him on subject of gambling, but definitely more to it

gimmick: convinced :)
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    sizzle you likely need to calm down right now this thread is now about todgers hot dog on a stick merch that he hasnt dropped and will be his sons legacy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    About a week ago -- blah blah blah whoa is me.
    After each episode on this site where you admittedly fucked up huge, you’ve come back with “whoa is me, I’m sick, I was on vacation, etc etc. It’s not fun, maybe I’ll shut it down…….”

Honestly it’s pretty pathetic. You’ll never quit. You can’t. You desire the attention deep in your soul. It’s who you are.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    About a week ago -- blah blah blah whoa is me.
    After each episode on this site where you admittedly fucked up huge, you’ve come back with “whoa is me, I’m sick, I was on vacation, etc etc. It’s not fun, maybe I’ll shut it down…….”

Honestly it’s pretty pathetic. You’ll never quit. You can’t. You desire the attention deep in your soul. It’s who you are.
    ... and yet every time your actions resulted in people reaching into your real life and posting pics of your wife or kids, you panicked and demanded I help put an end to it.

So for some reason jsearles the troll is too good to face real life consequences for his own bet welching & forum drama, yet my constant enduring of this bullshit from psychos is "whoa is me" and "pathetic".

I don't owe you free constant entertainment which meets your lofty standards, at the expense of things that cause increasing real life consequences for me, which take up a ton of time and stress. My post is a real account of everything going on. If you think I'm bullshitting about any of it, bet me $1000-$10k that I can't prove this stuff is really happening, and we will even escrow with a third party.

Until then, fuck off, you ingrate welcher.

Comments

splitthis: 100%

Reno: 100%

Load Metric
    dang todge when in ur life did you think youd have a mortal enemy named the sizzler also that merch though?

Load Metric

... and yet the every time your actions resulted in people reaching into your real life and posting pics of your wife or kids, you panicked and demanded I help put an end to it.

So for some reason jsearles the troll is too good to face real life consequences for his own bet welching & forum drama, yet my constant enduring of this bullshit from psychos is "whoa is me" and "pathetic".

I don't owe you free constant entertainment which meets your lofty standards, at the expense of things that cause increasing real life consequences for me, which take up a ton of time and stress. My post is a real account of everything going on. If you think I'm bullshitting about any of it, bet me $1000-$10k that I can't prove this stuff is really happening, and we will even escrow with a third party.

What’s pathetic is you only complain about this things at the worst possible fucking time. The two biggest pies in your face that have ever occurred are immediately followed with bullshit excuses. Not that they are lies, because I believe these things happen. I don’t doubt it a bit honestly. But when you wait to whine about them until you look like an absolute fool, it’s a terrible look.

I can’t wait to hear the excuses of why you can’t beat me in a foot race.

Load Metric
    its been taken under advisement we are gonna need that magenta

Comments

rum dick: Your vagina is magneta colored

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

... and yet the every time your actions resulted in people reaching into your real life and posting pics of your wife or kids, you panicked and demanded I help put an end to it.

What’s pathetic is you only complain about this things at the worst possible fucking time. The two biggest pies in your face that have ever occurred are immediately followed with bullshit excuses. Not that they are lies, because I believe these things happen. I don’t doubt it a bit honestly. But when you wait to whine about them until you look like an absolute fool, it’s a terrible look.

I can’t wait to hear the excuses of why you can’t beat me in a foot race.
    Last response to you, because I know you live for this type of shit.

I try not to complain about this stuff because it's a downer for the forum and also emboldens anyone who is starting this shit that they're stressing me out. So yeah, I don't post an announcement every time some weirdo harasses or threatens me privately. That doesn't make it any less stressful for me to have to deal with.

So when I have to make a tough decision which is somewhat informed by my desire to minimize the stress and real life problems that can be created, I can either go the route I did yesterday, with a brief message announcing the decision and saying little, or I can explain in detail what went into my thought process.

I decided to do the latter today, not for sympathy, but so everyone understands that I deal with a LOT of shit for running a site like this, with zero material gain from it. So yes, sometimes I consider the real life consequences of my actions, and put that ahead of what the forum would prefer I do.

Load Metric
    so you deal with this hater but we cant get a straight answer on ur hot dog on the stick merch jesus christ todger

Load Metric
    Here’s how it looked to me

smi privately contacts “the crew”. I’m supposed to believe proven savvy and jaded guys just snap buy some unknown coin on this guy, smi’s tip.

Of course, it appears some more information is provided during the private pitch. How the marketing worked. Why this was unique.

Then once the crew’s position is established the shitcoin is released to the PFA community of chumps. The crew does well as promised. Positive posts are made by them.

Maybe I’m wrong despite it looking pretty damning. Most of these guys are stand up guys with proven integrity. Problem is every fucking one of these guys goes dark.

Now there are guys who almost never post but were in on it too. I feel confident I know who they are. They get no pass.

As a member of the PFA community I was pissed and insulted. Fuck off. I don’t get upset about anything here except the Dodgers.

What was I to think? You don’t say anything? smi is a poster child for looking like a straight crook. Not a peep. Say something to us.

I reacted based on the optics and the behavior I witnessed. Upon reflection I think everyone reacted poorly in a very embarrassing situation. At least they were public as opposed to the other guys that comprised the crew.

I’m over it. First time PFA got me torqued proper. Sure don’t want to dwell on it either.

Crowe and Gimmick are Woodward & Bernstein on this story. What prompted Crowe to poke around?

Comments

WillieMcFML: lol that’s what Crowe does, and he’s damn good at it
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-10-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Thread Information