Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember when this site purported to fight fraud and be committed to free speech?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Any one think that there were some other forces in play here. SMI tried to have the thread shut down, druff indicated he is not anonymous. So perhaps someone contacted him and advised to shut the thread down to avoid some consequences that may occur if the thread is to continue in the direction it was.
    Can only speculate this but some of his comments made me feel this was the case.
    I assume there is a lot of money in play and no one wants to loose it because of a seventh tear poker fraud forum, SMI’s fault thinks there’s a bunch of gullible dummies here.
    It’s all fun and games until you roll over and find a Zed head in bed next to you

Comments

Jayjami: Zed Head in Bed. Sounds like a Dr. Seuss book!

Baron Von Strucker: ya sure like that's gonna happen

Load Metric
    Yikes…

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm not mad at you Todd, just disappointed. Fame has really change you.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    You all forget who's site was there for you when Covid hit and you were all scared to even look out the window much less go outside. Todd and PFA was.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. One mistake and now you're calling for Todd's head. So he deleted a thread. Big deal.

All of you broke, anti-philanthropic, straight privilege males post all day nonsense and Druff puts up with it. You should never ever ever forget one thing.....

TODD IS GOD.

Comments

dwai: I'll green this

LegalizeMeth: I absolutely hate oneshit but I tend to have to agree here

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    You all forget who's site was there for you when Covid hit and you were all scared to even look out the window much less go outside. Todd and PFA was.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. One mistake and now you're calling for Todd's head. So he deleted a thread. Big deal.

All of you broke, anti-philanthropic, straight privilege males post all day nonsense and Druff puts up with it. You should never ever ever forget one thing.....

TODD IS GOD.
    If you like Todd so much why are you selling fake vaccine cards on his site? Seems -EV for him.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

TODD IS GOD.
    Out of rep for today.

You said the troof!
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Silver
    Load Metric
    Todd , did I miss something. I never knew shoeshine had cancer till you mentioned it , as you do in your defence....and I read everything.
    Plus , how did the high five go when told your 11 year old . we’ve robbed people son ....
    Last edited by YUUP; 09-10-2021 at 02:00 PM.
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by YUUP View Post
    Todd , did I miss something. I never knew shoeshine had cancer till you mentioned it , as you do in your defence....and I read everything.
    Plus , how did the high five go when told your 11 year old . we’ve robbed people son ....

Load Metric
    What happened with Daly??

Load Metric
    I have no clue what's happening here. Cliffs?

Edit: caught up on wagering thread. Never read the questionable coin thread so know nothing of that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I have no clue what's happening here. Cliffs?
    1. Thread about new crypto coin started, turned out to be a Ponzi scheme.
    2. Some profited here from it, ran away with tail between legs.
    3. Druff doing damage control.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Cliffs as stated above? Someone TLDR?

Load Metric
    Wait, Daly left?

I never read that thread as I am not a crypto person.

That sucks.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Wait, Daly left?

I never read that thread as I am not a crypto person.

That sucks.
    He took the money and ran, just like the song. He did a post in the wagering thread. Crickets.

I never understood the announcement of ‘I’m leaving’ or I’m taking an extended break. Just fucking go cuz you all know you eat the crow when you crawl back bitches.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: 2nd paragraph so true, gotta green you for it. Making a goodbye cruel world thread is the ultimate bitch move.

dwai:

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    no idea about this but if Daly was involved and has left the building I can put another notch in my Block. Cocksucker was pushing the corona cure as well.

Load Metric
    My pony is slow. What happened?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've decided I have more to say about my decision, and it is forthcoming. The forum is owed more information regarding something like this, given how long and how much daily time many of you have put into this place. Maybe by the end of it, you will understand better why I decided what I did.

Stand by.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    About a week ago -- before this latest situation blew up -- I was thinking about my trajectory in the poker world. At the tables, I was mostly happy with it. I stuck primarily to what I was good at, took shots but no crazy risks, and never let ego or degeneracy destroy my bankroll. Poker brought me financial success, albeit to a lesser extent post-Black-Friday. I even got a WSOP bracelet out of it.

However, from the standpoint of off-the-felt poker association, I felt like the dumbest guy in the game. While others ventured into the lucrative worlds of affiliate marketing, training videos/books, and safe content aimed at the masses, I took the route of both free speech advocate and anti-cheating/scamming advocacy.

While I have always been drawn to the free speech type of online spaces, and while I've gotten to know a lot of great people on these forums, unfortunately it also attracts a certain percentage of unstable, vindictive, and miserable people who also find themselves at home in such a community. The problem is that while they're initially welcomed, and seem okay at first, eventually their true colors show, I have to ban them (or refuse to suppress damning info about their past), and suddenly I have a new enemy for life. Multiply this by 17 years in this community, including some whose grudges never go away, and I'm sure you can imagine how unpleasant this is.

Additionaly, my aggressive coverage and exposure of scams and scandals in poker makes even more enemies. Some of them are the scammers themselves, who blame me for either ruining their routine or sullying their name. However, I also get the bizarre side effect of running into seemingly good hearted people who come out of the woodwork to "help" expose some scam, and then are exposed for being shady themselves. Even if I'm not the one to out this (I'm usually not), I get blamed for not suppressing it and not appreciating their "help", and again, I have yet another new enemy.

Perhaps most bizarre are some formerly banned users who have invented strange conspiracy theories in their heads that I have been researching them and working behind the scenes to ruin their lives. Often these are people I never even think of, unless their name comes up. Any attempts to cool them down or explain the reality (that I don't give them a second thought after banning them, provided they go away) falls on deaf ears.

Even beyond that, among the 2,000 or so weekly radio listeners (most of whom don't even read the forum), there exist a few psychos who irrationally hate me with a passion, yet won't miss a minute of any episode. Most of the time they sit and stew in silence. Occasionally they work themselves up to send me rambling, accusatory e-mails full of insults and/or veiled threats.

Add all of the above together, and you can imagine what I deal with as owner of this forum and radio show host, and as more people accumulate each year with some kind imagined beef with me (most of whom I haven't wronged at all, and can't even rationally explain what I did to them), the more stressful it becomes.

Also, in a world which is increasingly sensitive and cancel-happy, you can imagine how damaging it can be to my reputation to run a free-speech style forum. Each year at the WSOP, I have some uncomfortable conversations with people at the table who ask me why I run a forum "full of so much hate". While most of you here are anonymous, I am not.

Oh... and I was sued for $330 million last year, for the terrible crime of reporting on one of the biggest cheating allegations in poker history, even though I started covering it AFTER the scandal had already blown up huge. I emerged victorious because the case was crap and I had a great attorney, but yes, the whole thing was very stressful, and isn't even over yet.

So why am I telling you all of this, and what does it have to do with some controversial cryptotoken?

I've been dealing with a lot of shit this year, related to some of the above. I've posted about some of it. Much of it I've kept silent, though if you've been watching closely, you have seen clues to some of it. Each of these takes a ton of time, effort, and stress to deal with. It's often impossible to rectify using the court system or law enforcement, for various reasons.

Last week, before any of this crypto controversy came to a head, I asked myself why I'm still bothering with any of this. It makes no money. It's not designed to make money. It doesn't open any opportunities for me, nor does it bring a large audience to my site or show. At the same time, it all brings a large personal cost to me -- a constant stream of new enemies, a steady helping of new unstable psychos imagining that I'm after them, and a lot of time spent dealing with it which I have to take away from my family.

When I was a young guy, it was different. I had more time, energy, and resolve to deal with stuff like this. Now I'm almost 50, and I'm only three years removed from a major psychological episode which permanently damaged me, and where I feel constantly on the verge of falling back into.

With all of that said, I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy. I don't deserve your sympathy. I made the choice to run a free speech forum. I made the choice to expose scammers, and to inject my loud mouth into controversial situations. I could have quietly grinded mid-high stakes limit holdem like the mild-mannered Minnesotans do, steadily made money, and mostly kept my head out of traffic. But that's not me. I have always been opinionated, and I have always enjoyed expressing my opinion. I've always enjoyed delving into complex situations, getting to what I believe is the truth, and then breaking it down in easily digestible forms for those with less dedication to the story. I've always liked giving my take on everything. It's hard for me to sit quietly in the background.

However, one must also have priorities, especially when they are aging, facing lingering psychological issues, and have a family. About a week ago, I was coming very close to closing the whole thing down, putting up a message thanking everyone for the interesting and entertaining 17 years -- over half of which were on this forum -- and riding off into the sunset. Not because of any one person or incident, but due to several things occurring over time, including some this year and presently, which have slowly negated the enjoyment and satisfaction I get from running this place. I knew that such a decision would be huge, and I was going to take some more time to evaluate what I should do.

Then this happened. Just another thing to add to the pile of stress, and with no easy solution. There were many reasons why leaving the thread up could be harmful to me, PFA, and even to various randoms who might stumble onto it. There were also many reasons why removing it would look like a terrible and hypocritical decision which would piss everyone off. There's a lot more to the reasoning behind the decision than you might think, even though I really have no role in the entire situation, other than making a hasty decision of what type of thread to allow here.

This was the last thing I needed on top of everything else happening. More stress. More controversy. More time away from the family to deal with things.

I would love to be the guy who is always 100% consistent and always 100% standing for free speech and open discussion no matter what. Unfortunately, there's a price for that, and honestly I'm almost at my breaking point. I knew full well how frustrated many people would be by this decision. I made it because the choices were either shut it down and move on, or finally take the site down for good.

Again, I ask nobody for sympathy here, and I am not trying to throw a pity party. Just telling you my honest thinking, and that you would be shocked if you saw the shit I constantly have to deal with in the background as a result of running this site -- most of which I try my best to avoid and not escalate.

Anyone who would like to know more is welcome to PM me or text me at (775) 372-8355.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: real talk

splitthis:

Walter Sobchak: Fuck the haters, focus on the positive

LegalizeMeth: mans gotta have a code

Load Metric
    so where are we vis a vis on is this worse than ur hot dog on a stick anxiety and where is the 2nd dinner almost killed me merch

Comments

1marley1: would buy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    About a week ago -- blah blah blah whoa is me.
    After each episode on this site where you admittedly fucked up huge, you’ve come back with “whoa is me, I’m sick, I was on vacation, etc etc. It’s not fun, maybe I’ll shut it down…….”

Honestly it’s pretty pathetic. You’ll never quit. You can’t. You desire the attention deep in your soul. It’s who you are.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information