Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

What would you do?

Rented a “furnished” apartment for 2 and a half months in the city where I’m getting my Ketamine therapy. Hotels too expensive over an extended period.

Went to look at a furnished one bedroom that advertised heat and air conditioning. There was no power turned on, first warning sign, but was told I could have that done, myself, the next day.

There was furniture which included a bed from the seventies which has since screwed my back up. I wake up day two and discover no plates, cutlery, oven pans etc. Not even a kitchen sink plug. No vacuum yada yada yada.

Also no air conditioning and no heat which were advertised.
    City hall said there has been no power to the unit since 2015

Gave my notice to out by the first but now I’m angry

I say false advertising. He’ll likely say “you looked it over”. Should I threaten his life, demand some money back or just walk away?

Load Metric
    Name:  5lh232.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  44.2 KB

Comments

rum dick: k Wormser

Load Metric
    you should absolutely threaten his life and demand all your money

Comments

simpdog: lol nice avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Rented a “furnished” apartment for 2 and a half months in the city where I’m getting my Ketamine therapy. Hotels too expensive over an extended period.

Went to look at a furnished one bedroom that advertised heat and air conditioning. There was no power turned on, first warning sign, but was told I could have that done, myself, the next day.

There was furniture which included a bed from the seventies which has since screwed my back up. I wake up day two and discover no plates, cutlery, oven pans etc. Not even a kitchen sink plug. No vacuum yada yada yada.

I say false advertising. He’ll likely say “you looked it over”. Should I threaten his life, demand some money back or just walk away?
    I don't know BC law but in every state I've lived, you have a right to leave without notice, calling it "uninhabitable". However, if you've prepaid, or given a substantial deposit, you will need to sue to get it back.

I suggest you do the following:

1) Take pics of everything

2) Save every advertisement which was misleading

3) Save any correspondences you've had with city hall or any government officials

After that, demand your money back. If they don't give it to you, file suit. Don't threaten his life or do anything else which could make you unsympathetic in court (or even get you in trouble).

You also might want to give them official notice to rectify all of the above.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I don't know BC law but in every state I've lived, you have a right to leave without notice, calling it "uninhabitable". However, if you've prepaid, or given a substantial deposit, you will need to sue to get it back.

I suggest you do the following:

1) Take pics of everything

2) Save every advertisement which was misleading

3) Save any correspondences you've had with city hall or any government officials

After that, demand your money back. If they don't give it to you, file suit. Don't threaten his life or do anything else which could make you unsympathetic in court (or even get you in trouble).

You also might want to give them official notice to rectify all of the above.
    Yep thanks, that’s what I’m doing right now. Putting the apartment’s condition in writing and asking for immediate correction and will present it to he landlord in person. I will sue for the false advertising and I have photos of what was to be included. Not expecting much if anything but will take up some of his time at he very least

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Do what steps you are doing, then > focus on yr therapy...gd luck.

Platinum
    Load Metric

If you were a real man you would easily get your money back.

However, reality is, you’re a pussy Canadian junky that could never threaten anyone’s life. Just bend over and bite the pillow, that money is gone brokeback.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

If you were a real man you would easily get your money back.

However, reality is, you’re a pussy Canadian junky that could never threaten anyone’s life. Just bend over and bite the pillow, that money is gone brokeback.
    Up yours tit boy. He’s going to court. The real life threatening will land me in bigger trouble but idiots like you buy into the movie version of such things.

Load Metric
    What kind of fucking dump did you agree to lease even after looking at it? No power meaning uninhabited in over 6 years? For fuck sake get it together. Are you that broke?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Les, you have managed to become even more pathetic than when I left here a few months ago.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Les, you have managed to become even more pathetic than when I left here a few months ago.
    Coming from my role model I could not be happier.

Comments

splitthis: Now that is funny
    Last edited by limitles; 09-12-2021 at 06:06 AM.

Load Metric
    You really are a sad sack Les.. Part of me feels you brought this shit on yourself part of me is like dude Les is bordering on needing somebody to handle his affairs because he's totally incapable of doing so.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    You really are a sad sack Les.. Part of me feels you brought this shit on yourself part of me is like dude Les is bordering on needing somebody to handle his affairs because he's totally incapable of doing so.
    But you are an idiot. I put this shit out for fun, but just try and tangle with me.
    You meat heads have no idea of what could happen to you or others if you wind up on the wrong side

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    But you are an idiot. I put this shit out for fun, but just try and tangle with me.
    You meat heads have no idea of what could happen to you or others if you wind up on the wrong side
    Yeah.. DON'T MESS WITH LES!®

Name:  4775021-drunk-man-lying-on-floor-with-empty-bottles.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  155.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post

Name:  9171185D-BE28-4BD3-9773-0FB52A536A0C.jpeg
Views: 239
Size:  189.8 KB

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    This is some Jordan Peterson sounding nonsense.

If it were me, I'd walk away from the "ketamine therapy", go to a new country and start life again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    This is some Jordan Peterson sounding nonsense.

If it were me, I'd walk away from the "ketamine therapy", go to a new country and start life again.
    Well you just proved you no zip. Two sessions and I have never felt better.

How do you explain that, someone who has zero experience on several levels tries to tell me what’s what.

Fuck your inbred cousin, again

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Name:  AAE14CBF-2B17-4848-8F5C-C80C67297F11.jpeg
Views: 214
Size:  1.41 MB

I’ve got more pics of you this shit hole’s temperature throughout the day,(one sitting on the radiator with the heat cranked) it’s not activated as explained. I recorded a conversation with him yesterday complaining about me paying for and not receiving heat and air conditioning but he shrugged it off

Because he has lied to my face several times and I can now show proof to the Renters Association. I have the docs ready to be filed. Also concerned about the damage deposit which is equivalent to a full months rent

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Name:  AAE14CBF-2B17-4848-8F5C-C80C67297F11.jpeg
Views: 214
Size:  1.41 MB

I’ve got more pics of you this shit hole’s temperature throughout the day,(one sitting on the radiator with the heat cranked) it’s not activated as explained. I recorded a conversation with him yesterday complaining about me paying for and not receiving heat and air conditioning but he shrugged it off

Because he has lied to my face several times and I can now show proof to the Renters Association. I have the docs ready to be filed. Also concerned about the damage deposit which is equivalent to a full months rent
    It looks like I’m screwed for getting the damage deposit equaling one months rent as rereading the rental agreement it stipulates no bikes allowed in apartment which I violated. Car was jacked but there was nothing in there. I was keeping the bike in the back until I learned of the shady aspect of this neighbourhood.

Still going ahead with the no heat, air conditioning false advertising claim, which I sure he’ll have an answer for.

Might have to come up with plan C

Thread Information