Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Get to Know Dan Druff Thread ($20 contest)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Get to Know Dan Druff Thread ($20 contest)

I'm going to post some multiple choice questions about events in my life which had an impact on me going forward (in some cases a huge impact).

Some of these I may have mentioned over the years on the forum or radio, and some I probably didn't. I will post the answers in a little bit.

The winner will get $20 via payment of choice. GL.

===========================

1. Which mundane event in 1993 led to me becoming a poker player eight years later, and eventually a poker pro?

A) Tried very low stakes poker during my first Vegas trip at age 21, got super lucky as a fish, wanted to take another shot years later.

B) Lee Jones was my boss' cousin, and his book was recommended to me in 2000.

C) One day before my then-girlfriend and I broke up, she introduced my brother to an acquaintance who later got us both into poker.

D) I asked a college professor for extra time on an assignment, he gave it to me, and we became friendly. Seven years later he got me into poker.

2. For four years, I kept my identity of "Dan Druff" a secret, and didn't associate that name with Todd the live player. What changed that?

A) I made the televised final table of the $1500 Limit Holdem event, and decided I wanted the NWP forum to follow my progress.

B) A Pokerstars employee, who disliked my typing of "g-a-y" and "site-joke", let it leak out who Dan Druff really was.

C) The girl I met from True Poker in 2001, and spent the weekend with in Vegas, told some people years later, after seeing me on TV.

D) I told Micon in confidence, and he accidentally blurted it out while high.

3. As a kid in AYSO soccer, I was the best goalie in the city, in my age group. Why do you never hear about my exploits as a great soccer player?

A) At age 12, I had a collision with another kid which knocked me out cold for 2 minutes, and I was never able to play with confidence again.

B) Other kids eventually improved and became better than me, and I was only mediocre by the time I got into high school.

C) This never happened. I was average, at best, in all sports I tried.

D) An error placed the city's 2nd best goalie on the same team as me one year, and the position went to him when I was sick at the beginning of the season.

4. Which lie did UCSB tell, which would have caused me to attend a different college had they told the truth?

A) They claimed there was a free bus to and from Los Angeles every weekend. When I got there, I found out that had been discontinued 2 years earlier.

B) I was promised a "guaranteed" scholarship which wasn't actually guaranteed, and I ended up getting nothing.

C) I was promised at a college fair that all computer science graduates were guaranteed jobs in industry through a school placement program. This turned out to be completely false.

D) I was told that there was no pre-major program which required you to be accepted into your major in your junior year. Turned out there was such a requirement.

5. I met my current girlfriend at UCSB in 1991, but we didn't date, and in fact weren't even friends for most of my remaining time at the school. What unexpected event caused us to become friendly?

A) She and I ended up in the same obscure general ed class, and I was letting her copy my notes when she missed lectures due to a conflict with another class.

B) My good friend at school had a crush on her, and while drunk, slipped an inappropriate poem under her door. She and another girl called me to get me to act as the middleman and stop his behavior.

C) By coincidence, when my roommate stole an unlocked bicycle, it was hers. I recognized the bike, tracked her down, and we both went to the police. My roommate was arrested and kicked out of school, and she and I became friends.

D) The girl who gave me a ride back to LA through the ride-sharing board was her best friend, and when the car broke down, she came to rescue both of us. We got to spend time together and got to know each other better.

6. What led me to the phone/computer hacking world of the 1980s?

A) I met an Aspie-type kid at a summer camp who everone made fun of, and I was the only one nice to him. He eventually told me about computer bulletin boards and phone hacking, and it sounded exciting to me.

B) I watched WarGames, convinced my parents to buy me a computer and modem, and immediately went to look for the hacking community.

C) After hearing that phone hackers could dial "900" and "976" pay-per-call numbers for free, I obsessively seeked out how to do this.

D) I accidentally dialed a wrong number, ended up on a free area party line, and met some other kids who were into phone hacking.

7. Which unexpected event took place when I attended my first Lakers game in 1988?

A) I was sold counterfeit seats outside The Forum. While I was arguing with the ticket taker, Pat Riley overheard the commotion, just having come over to the entrance area to assist a relative get a complimentary seat. This person had dropped his name at another ticket-checking aisle, insisting Pat would allow them in free. Upon noticing I was just a teenager after overhearing the situation, he told them to give me and my friend comp seats as well, and we sat 4th row center court.

B) On the drive home, I inadvertently angered some gang members, by accidentally cutting them off and not letting them into my lane when theirs was ending and becoming a parking lane. They kept trying to pull up along side of me, and I was terrified, as was my friend. They then attempted to follow us wherever I went, no matter which direction I turned. I lost them by pretending to turn left, and then jerking my vehicle right in front of a long line of fast-moving traffic, preventing them from following me further.

C) My car was stolen while I was at the game, and I was sure that I had just forgotten where my car was. After finally calling the police, I learned my car had been used in a drive-by shooting in Inglewood, and it took 9 months to get back. My parents had to buy me a new (used) car in the meantime.

D) My seat was that night's "lucky seat", and I won a $30,000 new car. The celebration was short-lived when I learned that you had to be 18 to qualify for the prize, so they re-drew the seat and awarded someone else.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: A rare opening of the Jew wallet

Load Metric
    1-C
    2-A
    3-D
    4-C
    5-D
    6-C
    7-This question is great. I feel like you’d still be litigating D. I feel like you would have mentioned A at some point.

So it’s between B and C which are both fantastic. I think B is more likely, but I love the idea of your car being used in a drive by, so I’ll go C.

I only feel confident on two of these where I think you may have mentioned them, and I’ve heard/read you for a long time. I’m just going on gut reads on most.

Load Metric
    1. A
    2. A
    3. C
    4. A
    5. B
    6. D
    7. B

how'd I do lol?????

Silver
    Load Metric
    A
    A
    D
    B
    D
    C
    C

Load Metric
    AADCDDB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    1. C
    2. A
    3. D
    4. D
    5. B
    6. B
    7. B

Comments

Sanlmar: Post more kid else consequences.
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    A
    B
    A
    C
    A
    B
    B

Also a decent Genesis album.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    not reading that crap for twenty, are you kidding?

Comments

rollinx420: LOLZ

Load Metric
    8. How much money in WSOP buyins did cmoney pay Todd in exchange for being able to fake his own death of cancer on this website ?

A - $0 - $10,000

B - $10,000 - $20,000

C - $20,001 - $50,000

D - $50,001 and above
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    I'm going to go with D - $50,001 and above

I think cmoney gave Todd over $50,000 in wsop buyins and was therefore allowed to fake his own death of cancer on poker fraud alert dot com
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    9. How many miles can a valet parking attendant put on Druff’s Beemer before his panties get all in a wad?

A. .4
    B. .5
    C. .6
    D. .7

Load Metric
    1. C
    2. A
    3. C
    4. A
    5. D
    6. D
    7. B

Platinum
    Load Metric
    C
    A
    B
    C
    A
    C
    B

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    9. How many miles can a valet parking attendant put on Druff’s Beemer before his panties get all in a wad?

A. .4
    B. .5
    C. .6
    D. .7

First few seconds:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...DanDruff-alone

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Jewdonk's pockleganger with tribal tattoos

Jayjami: What Joe said
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    CACDDAD

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Silver
    Load Metric
    C
    A
    C
    C
    D
    C
    B

Bronze
    Load Metric
    1. B
    2. A
    3. C
    4. B
    5. B
    6. C
    7.B

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Get your votes in, I will soon do the big reveal

Load Metric
    Get your votes in, I will soon do the big reveal
    Name:  40D1FA2C-DACE-4860-BBE0-B4A062353190.png
Views: 267
Size:  8.4 KB

Load Metric
    C
    A
    C
    C
    D
    C
    D

Thread Information