Thread: Blockchain.com banning people for gambling transactions, let's discuss alternatives

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blockchain.com banning people for gambling transactions, let's discuss alternatives

Blockchain.com was a useful middleman wallet for those who use bitcoin to deposit/withdraw into online gambling sites. If you do it with exchanges such as Coinbase, Gemini, Binance, Cash App, etc, you'll get banned. Therefore, a middleman wallet to be used as a go-between exchanges and gambling sites was important.

Unfortunately, Blockchain is now also an exchange, and they are banning people for sending bitcoin to/from gambling sites. This is a very recent development. Stop using blockchain.com for gambling transactions immediately!

Let's discuss alternatives. Please let us know your experience with any of these:

- Exodus: This is the one many of the 2+2 nerds are now using

- Electrum: Open-source, you're in control of your own keys. Been around awhile.

- Blockstream Green Wallet: Mobile friendly, similar to Electrum

- BRD: Another mobile friendly option, don't know much about this

Please do NOT post in this thread something like, "I always used Coinbase directly with gambling sites and it's worked out fine." That's like saying you've always been drunk driving and haven't had an accident yet. Just because you get away with it for awhile doesn't mean it's safe. I will delete such posts here, and will also delete any troll/junk posts.

This thread is for discussion of Blockchain alternatives only. If you wish to post any recent experiences with Blockchain banning/warning you, feel free to do that as well.

Comments

Pablo: saw this coming

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

BetOnLine tried to twist my arm calling me on the phone literally less than 5 minutes after I signed up...
    Tried to hard pressure me into using Coinbase to BOL...
    I refused.
    signed upp for Cash app that BOL recommends...alas I see no good on this list....

I signed up and loaded EXODUS.....I am whitewashing addy ...

will let you know how it goes...I plan on Exodus>BOL.

Load Metric
    Fuck, I haven’t played online in awhile and didn’t know that. I’ve been playing live or on the PA site online if over there. I always used blockchain to coinbase also. Glad you made thread as I would have done it surely as soon as the weather starts to turn

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Have people run into any issues when moving from gambling site to third party wallet to coinbase or binance to withdraw to bank? Do they only care about the very last transaction or do they check the last several?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    Have people run into any issues when moving from gambling site to third party wallet to coinbase or binance to withdraw to bank? Do they only care about the very last transaction or do they check the last several?
    He’s saying if you use blockchain wallet as your intermediary third party, they are now in some cases banning you. So it isn’t your bank or coinbase, it’s the blockchain wallet themselves which were many people’s third party they transferred to and from gambling site.

Many of us went bank>coinbase>blockchain>gambling site and reverse on withdrawals

If you did it that way, you have to replace blockchain with new wallet third step. If you have another, maybe it’s a good suggestion?

Load Metric
    I looked into Electrum found it too difficult to set up, never mind see you already posted it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Blockchain.com was a useful middleman wallet for those who use bitcoin to deposit/withdraw into online gambling sites. If you do it with exchanges such as Coinbase, Gemini, Binance, Cash App, etc, you'll get banned. Therefore, a middleman wallet to be used as a go-between exchanges and gambling sites was important.

Unfortunately, Blockchain is now also an exchange, and they are banning people for sending bitcoin to/from gambling sites. This is a very recent development. Stop using blockchain.com for gambling transactions immediately!

Let's discuss alternatives. Please let us know your experience with any of these:

- Exodus: This is the one many of the 2+2 nerds are now using

- Electrum: Open-source, you're in control of your own keys. Been around awhile.

- Blockstream Green Wallet: Mobile friendly, similar to Electrum

- BRD: Another mobile friendly option, don't know much about this

Please do NOT post in this thread something like, "I always used Coinbase directly with gambling sites and it's worked out fine." That's like saying you've always been drunk driving and haven't had an accident yet. Just because you get away with it for awhile doesn't mean it's safe. I will delete such posts here, and will also delete any troll/junk posts.

This thread is for discussion of Blockchain alternatives only. If you wish to post any recent experiences with Blockchain banning/warning you, feel free to do that as well.
    Atomic Wallet is an option its a multicoin wallet you can set up on your phone or pc and I dont think they monitor anything Im aware of also they do allow swapping of coins within the wallet through a third party so theres that also

https://atomicwallet.io/

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    I looked into Electrum found it too difficult to set up, never mind see you already posted it.

Exodus I found easy

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: ty

Load Metric
    After Mt Gox failed (and since the beginning, tbh), I never understood why people kept so much coin in online wallets. Shit, I used to cash out after every session on SealsWC back in the day, or at the end of the night anyway. If you are putting any amount of decent $$ into coin, get a tablet or phone that you never need to use, put a wallet on there, back it up, make a copy of the passwords, and use that shit only for crypto. You quite literally can;t trust anyone else with your crypto, and you don;t need anyone telling you what you can do with your crypto. That's the who;e point of the thing, IMO. You control it, you do whatever you want with it.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: solid advice

Pablo: good idea to have a hardware wallet with passphrase

Load Metric
    I used gemini as my bitcoin exchange . Ive had it for several months. I had my account verified after doing a bank wire. I am only able to buy bitcoin but not to send it defeats the entire purpose. I tried their phone number never answer just a recorded tape. I sent numerous emails and got spam type results that had nothing to do with not being able to send funds. They have stopped answering me all together. Sorry to derail just frustrating as hell.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 08-31-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You should move over to Celsius, like I suggested a year ago. No withdrawal fees and you’ll earn interest too. Get $50 in free Bitcoin when you sign up with my link and deposit $400 or more. Since you (Druff) don’t seem to be interested, I’ll assume I can post my ref link now:

https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/130124ed62

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Exodus is great

Bronze
    Load Metric
    There were a lot of reports popping up about compromised 2fa accounts on Blockchain about 8 months ago.
    They were not even responding to the customers that had funds stolen.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Any wallet that interfaces with the banking system has the risk of KYC / AML.

None of the wallets listed really do anything but store your coins.

The best advice is to either never sell your crypto or figure out a way to spend it on stuff you need - buy gift cards, do OTC transfers if you can find a good Crypto OTC group, etc.

Coinbase, Blockfi, Gemini, Celsius, Binance.US - all these have a high probability of hassling you if the coins passed through a gambling site

Load Metric
    This thread was a good reminder.

I have been using wallets often associated with DeFi. MetaMask and Trust. I have not had a problem.

A quick rinse-a-roo with some DeFi trading would be simple and somewhat inexpensive if you were concerned. Maybe even profitable… it sometimes happens

I saw Druff had BRD in his list. I was an old school BRD guy but they are expensive as they use a legacy protocol - the explanation I have long since forgotten. BRD is a scratch.

Shoutout to PLOP for encouraging degenerate DeFi behavior. There are portions of my brain that haven’t ever been used until I tried to figure that shit out.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 09-01-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Load Metric
    I've been using electrum for years.
    I think it's really simple to setup. True story, I even recently showed my mother how to set up an electrum wallet on android.
    its also available on Windows, OSX and Linux
    https://electrum.org

coinomi is a muticoin wallet ive been using on android for a few years now
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...et&hl=en&gl=US

if you want deeper in the weeds and are bit more tech savy...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...et&hl=en&gl=US
    samourai wallet and the wirlpool function are a good way to gain some privacy on the network
    biggest learning curve is on this wallet and you will really want to learn learn more about it and how to use it before you dive in
    https://samouraiwallet.com
    Last edited by blubbernuffle; 09-05-2021 at 01:41 PM.

Load Metric
    Why not buy your own cold storage ledger and operate out of that?

Load Metric
    I like Exodus as well...

but been using Coinomi for years as my go-to (you can store many alt-coins as well). Now that many sites are using Litecoin, my new process is...

Coinbase (buy LTC) -> Coinomi -> gambling site (vice versa)... with the low fees/conformation times for LTC, I have literally made (or course lost) a few cents in the process occasionally if I do the process quickly (whole thing takes about 10 min.) fluctuation is usually no more/less than $0.06

Thread Information