Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox Poker online private site is DOA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Interesting side note.

Remember in February 2020, when I came to discover that an add-on program existed for the Poker Mavens software (used by both PFA and Fox Poker), which allowed the site owner and friends to superuse (see hole cards)?

Discussion is here: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...hady-operators

I saw this demonstrated for me. The Poker Mavens developer came into the thread, conceded that this add-on hack was indeed was possible, but insisted (correctly) that any poker software could be modified to do the same. It was generally concluded that if you don't completely trust the people running the site, this will always be a danger, especailly on Poker Mavens where such a tool could easily be purchased.

Well, apparently Troumbly was very rattled by this revelation, and was afraid it would ruin Fox Poker. He posted a statement on the group:

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Kent Briggs btw said he patched that hole to prevent that server side add on from working as of Version 6.15 back in 2020.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Potential good news:

Andy has been in contact with me, and we have had some e-mails back and forth. He even registered for an account here.

He claims he is working on getting a payment plan going for affected players.

I have promised him that I will take the video down once this actually gets going, and players start getting paid (and provided the plan continues as promised, I won't put it back up).

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by haleylh View Post
    Oh, it's going to show up in searches. I/we deemed this newsworthy enough to report on:
    Commenting here for two things

1. Your article has significant errors, including repeating the same incorrect amounts owed, along with some clear misunderstandings of the situation and anyone involved.

2. Payments to players will be starting this Thursday/Friday, with people who already had pending withdrawals being first in line, then followed by everyone else.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjazebra View Post
    Oh, it's going to show up in searches. I/we deemed this newsworthy enough to report on:

1. Your article has significant errors, including repeating the same incorrect amounts owed, along with some clear misunderstandings of the situation and anyone involved.

2. Payments to players will be starting this Thursday/Friday, with people who already had pending withdrawals being first in line, then followed by everyone else.
    So why don't you clear up the amounts owed? How much did you inject into the site?

Why don't you provide logs of proof of amounts owed to all players (usernames) on the site?

Comments

haleylh: Yup.

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric

The $1.5 million came from Shelow's post. You want to put up a specific number, I'll be happy to add it to the piece. But don't come at me with claims of "incorrect" without offering your own number. I usually understand things pretty well, too.

Load Metric
    Also, as I reported in my follow-up piece, you've got other issues besides repaying players. You admitted to operating an online poker site while living in Michigan. That's specifically against Michigan law; Micon got arrested for similar a few years back, and that was without the fraud. Copyright claims are absolutely the least of your worries right now.

Comments

shoeshine box: haLEY is 100% no bs.& 100% trustworthy.. SSBX.

Load Metric
    Also, as I reported in my follow-up piece, you've got other issues besides repaying players. You admitted to operating an online poker site while living in Michigan. That's specifically against Michigan law; Micon got arrested for similar a few years back, and that was without the fraud. Copyright claims are absolutely the least of your worries right now.
    Haley just to clarify Micon got in trouble with NV because the server was physical located in NV anybody with half a brain and running a site knows to put it on an offshore server to avoid this very issue.

Load Metric

The $1.5 million came from Shelow's post. You want to put up a specific number, I'll be happy to add it to the piece. But don't come at me with claims of "incorrect" without offering your own number. I usually understand things pretty well, too.
    Typical scammer move to try to argue minute details. Technically he could claim you have the #s wrong by saying 1.5 Million, when in reality it's 1.45 million...or 1.7 million.

Andy, I see that you are still paying attention to his thread. Again, why don't you clear up the amount that YOU injected into the site, and also clear up the total amount of money owed to players.

Load Metric

What are we misunderstanding Andy?? You created a million plus in fake chips and were playing on your own site essentially flooding the system with chips and creating a massive liability for Fox 3 stacks when you continued to lose repeatedly like a donkey. And we're also aware Alex and the rest were aware of what you did somewhat after the fact and they tried to cover up your stupidity and eventual theft essentially indirectly (since we arent totally sure you were totally taking out player deposits to pay yourself yet but if you did then yes you're a thief!)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Clearly Andy engaged in bad behavior here, and I don't think that's even worth arguing at this point. Everyone has seen for themselves.

However, as I mentioned before, I was in e-mail contact with Andy, and he has agreed to start regular payments to the victims of this situation, and continue until everything is made right. This will likely take a long time, but I can see that real payments have actually started, which is the most important thing here.

Hopefully we see more positive developments going forward.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Slow payouts were how I figured out something was rotten with FullTilt around mid-2008. What should've been a small amount of cash and no problem for a huge site like FullTilt took them months. I smelled a rat; so I withdrew my money and never went back. Caveat emptor.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Caveat emptor......repeat daily ty

Load Metric
    So where do we stand on this.. I do find it interesting however that Alex Shelow said he would repost the commentary that was scrubbed by Andy Troumbley on the FB group and never did it after all..

Load Metric
    Any update on this, Druff? Seems like the bones of a repayment should've been in place by now if it wasn't just a ploy for time.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    Any update on this, Druff? Seems like the bones of a repayment should've been in place by now if it wasn't just a ploy for time.

druff shine a light on this snake et al hiding under a rock

Load Metric
    So I think Druff has the right approach to this (Essentially keep the video off of YouTube as long as he sticks to a regular payment schedule.) Even though, he did make a massive mistake in doing what he did, I believe in 2nd chances since he acknowledges the mistake he made.

Something else I believe is crucial and that would be for him to make payments that are a specific percentage of his income. I think 20% to 25% is reasonable. Let’s say he’s making 10k per month. It wouldn’t be unreasonable to let him get away with paying only $200 per month to the victims. Now, if he is only making minimum wage, $200 would be a reasonable amount of restitution to the victims each month.

Also, as far as him reporting a copyright violation on the folks that have posted his video to YouTube, If I recall correctly, the video was about a half hour. Much of the video was the same thing said over and over. If someone were to “Edit it down”, they could get the bulk of the story in less than a minute of content. Someone could make a video with themself doing commentary and basically show relevant clips that are 10 seconds or so in between their commentary and that would qualify under “Fair Use” and the posted video should be protected under the Fair Use Law.

Now, I don’t believe it is fair to post it “Because You Can”. I think as long as he sticks to a plan and continues to repay victims, any clips of the video should not be posted.
    Last edited by PositiveVariance; 09-27-2021 at 01:02 AM.

Load Metric
    So is he paying anybody know??

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    So is he paying anybody know??
    got 100$ on the 1st of October, but I assume only because I bombarded Andy a couple of times on FB

Comments

shoeshine box: good job....

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

Let's start paying some of theses PPL Andy!

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

updates ANDY.

Thread Information