Thread: Shaq is quite the pitchman

Load Metric

Shaq is quite the pitchman

Good thing because he has a lavish lifestyle. Products include Special K Frosted flakes their grrrreat. All state insurance, Dominoes , Ink Jets and Icy Hot. Subways should pick him up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Good thing because he has a lavish lifestyle. Products include Special K Frosted flakes their grrrreat. All state insurance, Dominoes , Ink Jets and Icy Hot. Subways should pick him up.
    No better spokesman than a superstar with a natural, friendly demeanour. I’m sure he’s not perfect but close enough for companies

Much like Bruce Jenner only taller. Talent isn’t everything. Just ask that Phelps guy

Load Metric
    Shaq is Papa Johns.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: my bad, good catch

Load Metric
    he Came out with , hey Kobe how does my ass taste? He was able to get away with it. Just a loveable persona. Actually a good rap, rip off course.

Load Metric
    Wait I thought he was doing Papa Johns not Dominoes didnt he get some high end gig with Papa Johns after the Board bounced Schnatter from the CEO job

Update: Hes on the board of Papa Johns so pretty sure he isnt doing Dominoes.. Also hes doing Commercials for The General not All State.. JFC man get your shit right..

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: oops, will try harder next time

Load Metric
    I’m constantly amazed anyone likes Shaq. I have always found him totally insufferable. That big dude that thinks he’s funny laughing at his own jokes. As an analyst, never has an insightful opinion, and basically just wants to brag about how he’d put up 30/20 in a game that doesn’t even resemble the league he played in. Even as a player, he was a force of nature and the best in the game a few years certainly, but almost entirely based on just his sheer size and natural gifts. Would come in year after year out of shape, never improved his FTs, and didn’t really ever refine his game. He was so gifted it didn’t usually matter, but have never liked the dude at all as a player or personality.

Embiid kind of annoys me for similar reasons, has a similar personality where I don’t find him funny, but at least I can chalk that up to needing to adapt to a new country.

Unlike someone like Peyton Manning, who I never liked as a player and cheered against, but yet I found a really great pitch man and genuinely funny, Shaq must get his gigs based entirely around him being one of the most recognized humans alive. Or at least I thought so. I’m shocked people here find him likable or amusing. Not me. Always insecure and tries too hard for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’m constantly amazed anyone likes Shaq. I have always found him totally insufferable. That big dude that thinks he’s funny laughing at his own jokes. As an analyst, never has an insightful opinion, and basically just wants to brag about how he’d put up 30/20 in a game that doesn’t even resemble the league he played in. Even as a player, he was a force of nature and the best in the game a few years certainly, but almost entirely based on just his sheer size and natural gifts. Would come in year after year out of shape, never improved his FTs, and didn’t really ever refine his game. He was so gifted it didn’t usually matter, but have never liked the dude at all as a player or personality.

Embiid kind of annoys me for similar reasons, has a similar personality where I don’t find him funny, but at least I can chalk that up to needing to adapt to a new country.

Unlike someone like Peyton Manning, who I never liked as a player and cheered against, but yet I found a really great pitch man and genuinely funny, Shaq must get his gigs based entirely around him being one of the most recognized humans alive. Or at least I thought so. I’m shocked people here find him likable or amusing. Not me. Always insecure and tries too hard for me.
    Well for a 5 year stretch he was about as dominating as you could get. I think people gravitate to big giant black men as pitch men, it makes them feel comfortable. I mean, how many NFL wide receivers you even see endorsing anything, versus Charles Barkley who has had many endorsements? Most people that identify with Shaq probably never even saw him play. But they will buy a pizza because of him, versus Lamar Jackson, nobody gives a shit.

Load Metric
    The story here is Shaq selling his interest in the Kings so he can be WynnBet’s pitchman.

If this doesn’t inform as to just how monstrous sports wagering expectations are you just can’t be reached.

Expenses are obviously sloppy as fuck especially as compared to the lean operations offshore in the old days.

The waning days of the Golden Age of sports wagering folks.

The following might need to be reordered
    Magic Johnson
    Michael Jordan
    Shaq

the above are all old school and all basketball.

Load Metric
    Speaking of the Manning pedigree there is another Manning quaterback coming up, his name is Arch. Think he is a sophomore think its Cooper manning son. Pretty sure Cooper was injured going to be interesting to watch him develop. Shaq barbecuing skunk on the general was pretty funny.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I dont think he ever did Allstate Insurance (i could be wrong though), the insurance company he has heavily plugged is The General.

I thought i read or heard somewhere a while back that he preferred to pitch companies that he believed in and maybe helped him somehow when he was young and didnt have alot of money, such as The General getting him affordable car insurance when others didn't, or genuinely liking the product Icy-Hot...or something like that. Im not sure the source or how much truth there was to it, but it seems interesting and makes sense if true.

Load Metric
    Speaking of the Manning pedigree there is another Manning quaterback coming up, his name is Arch. Think he is a sophomore think its Cooper manning son. Pretty sure Cooper was injured going to be interesting to watch him develop. Shawn barbecuing skunk on the general was pretty funny.
    Cooper hurt himself, but he was party legend at Ole Miss.

Thread Information