Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: did donald trump orchestrate a guaranteed disaster in afghanistan to propel the christian right into power for the next decade?

Load Metric

did donald trump orchestrate a guaranteed disaster in afghanistan to propel the christian right into power for the next decade?

im just asking questions!

probably a nothingburger.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    jace... remember when ur troll threads were way better

Load Metric
    all thats left for you is a 9 page discussion on how white lotus meant so much to you as a progressive fat white male

Comments

OSA: wow, get rekt tine

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

That’s what I’m hearing.

People are saying.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Trump is not clever enough.

Load Metric
    Whatever Druff pays lol wow it isn’t enough.

Load Metric
    Obama’s recent memoir talks about how annoying Biden got about getting out of Afghanistan whilst the rock star prez was ramping up his troop count.

I know everyone likes tidy lib and alt-right narratives here but Trump and Biden were correctly aligned. We just aren’t good at the military details is all.

We went in chasing extremist terrorists and that is how we left 20 years later after surrendering.

What a fucking joke Biden saying we will chase them to the ends of the earth. Get bent.

The entire escapade should have brought anger but it wasn’t neatly televised like the airport.

Trump was a hero and Bush was not. Again, not lining up neatly for Druff but there you have it. Realpolitik son.

Comments

sonatine: good, interesting take

Load Metric
    However the OP … there is iron there

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Obama’s recent memoir talks about how annoying Biden got about getting out of Afghanistan whilst the rock star prez was ramping up his troop count.

I know everyone likes tidy lib and alt-right narratives here but Trump and Biden were correctly aligned. We just aren’t good at the military details is all.

We went in chasing extremist terrorists and that is how we left 20 years later after surrendering.

What a fucking joke Biden saying we will chase them to the ends of the earth. Get bent.

The entire escapade should have brought anger but it wasn’t neatly televised like the airport.

Trump was a hero and Bush was not. Again, not lining up neatly for Druff but there you have it. Realpolitik son.
    lol sanlmar - you said get bent. I think that's an 80's expression. HAHA! Yes, Bush and Obama are the ones we should be asking the most questions of. I'm sure both are happy to see Biden and Trump taking all the blame. I think Trump was mostly a scoundrel but he did do many things that were good for the country/world so I don't think he would be so evil as to plan a disaster for the American military.

Load Metric

Get your foil hat outta your eyes before you pose such a stupid concept.

Gold
    Load Metric

Any question that starts “Did Donald Trump orchestrate…”

You can stop there and the answer is always no.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Too many distraction tactics with blaming former Presidents. Lots of debate can be had about our Afghanistan strategy, but that's another discussion for another time.

The bullshit needs to be ignored, and the big questions need to be answered:

1) Why was it so important to abruptly withdraw like this, rather than taking a little more time and doing it right?

2) Why did Biden ignore advice from his own intelligence sources?

3) Were there reailstic ways this could have been done different, and produced a much better short term result?

The answer to #3 is definitely yes.

The answers to #1 and #2 are only known by Biden and his people, but I can't imagine they are very sensible.

The rest is just noise meant to distract us from Biden's failings here. The "all the Presidents since Bush fucked it up" narrative is great for conspiritards and contrarians who want to posture about how "right" they were the whole time about how we shouldn't have been in Afghanistan.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

1) Why was it so important to abruptly withdraw like this, rather than taking a little more time and doing it right?
    Because it is a deteriorating situation… not an improving one?

Because wasn’t a unilateral US decision. G7 is on the loop. No one knows what is discussed here.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Too many distraction tactics with blaming former Presidents. Lots of debate can be had about our Afghanistan strategy, but that's another discussion for another time.

3) Were there reailstic ways this could have been done different, and produced a much better short term result?

The answers to #1 and #2 are only known by Biden and his people, but I can't imagine they are very sensible.

The rest is just noise meant to distract us from Biden's failings here. The "all the Presidents since Bush fucked it up" narrative is great for conspiritards and contrarians who want to posture about how "right" they were the whole time about how we shouldn't have been in Afghanistan.
    Those are great questions. Druff. Do you think another important question might focus on why the Trump admin. was negotiating with the Taliban prior to the fall of Kabul? We spent the better part of a generation propping up the Afghan govt. only to negotiate our exit with the Taliban? Are you aware of the Afghanistan papers and how it was common knowledge years ago we were going to leave in defeat? I really appreciate these discussions. I learn a lot and enjoy your point of view along with everyone else's. There is no effort on my part to distract from the failings of Mr Biden only a hope that we don't repeat mistakes that cost too many lives and too much American treasure. I'm not a conspiritard. However, a discussion about the foolishness of trying to occupy 2 countries in response to 9/11 does seem reasonable all these years later. Isn't there more to be learned beyond how not to exit a war zone after 19 years?

Load Metric
    honestly its a shame that since no one in this or the previous administration is breaking ranks to explain what happened and who negotiated what, literally every explanation that makes any sense at all is by definition a conspiracy theory.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Those are great questions. Druff. Do you think another important question might focus on why the Trump admin. was negotiating with the Taliban prior to the fall of Kabul? We spent the better part of a generation propping up the Afghan govt. only to negotiate our exit with the Taliban? Are you aware of the Afghanistan papers and how it was common knowledge years ago we were going to leave in defeat? I really appreciate these discussions. I learn a lot and enjoy your point of view along with everyone else's. There is no effort on my part to distract from the failings of Mr Biden only a hope that we don't repeat mistakes that cost too many lives and too much American treasure. I'm not a conspiritard. However, a discussion about the foolishness of trying to occupy 2 countries in response to 9/11 does seem reasonable all these years later. Isn't there more to be learned beyond how not to exit a war zone after 19 years?
    Those are all great questions for historians to study and write books about in the next 20 years. I look forward to hearing what they have to say. Very few people are disputing we needed to get out of Afghanistan, even if it meant the Taliban regaining control at some point.

The criticism is against the tactics that led to such a sloppy, chaotic withdrawal that caused so much immediate loss of life (with surely more to come), handing the Taliban a tremendous amount of military weaponry, and betraying so many allies. The Democrats control all 3 branches of government, the entire govt bureaucracy, and the military command. This is their fuck up. If it went good they would have gotten the credit, but it didn't so they get the blame. And no one (except progressive elites with TDS) wants to hear about what Trump did or didn't do when he was in office.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Those are all great questions for historians to study and write books about in the next 20 years. I look forward to hearing what they have to say. Very few people are disputing we needed to get out of Afghanistan, even if it meant the Taliban regaining control at some point.

The criticism is against the tactics that led to such a sloppy, chaotic withdrawal that caused so much immediate loss of life (with surely more to come), handing the Taliban a tremendous amount of military weaponry, and betraying so many allies. The Democrats control all 3 branches of government, the entire govt bureaucracy, and the military command. This is their fuck up. If it went good they would have gotten the credit, but it didn't so they get the blame. And no one (except progressive elites with TDS) wants to hear about what Trump did or didn't do when he was in office.
    If by “no one” you mean “everyone who knows the truth.”

This is all Trump’s fault.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Trump withdrew 14k of the 16k troops that were there, saying he would have the rest home by last Christmas. That’s 87.5% of the troop withdrawal, just FYI.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoNinja View Post

Trump withdrew 14k of the 16k troops that were there, saying he would have the rest home by last Christmas. That’s 87.5% of the troop withdrawal, just FYI.
    this is biden's disastrous mess

cope harder you deranged faggot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoNinja View Post

this is biden's disastrous mess

cope harder you deranged faggot
    Denial ain’t just a lake in Utah my friend.

Thread Information