Thread: RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

Gold
    Load Metric

RIP Michael Clarke Duncan

yesterday's news but didnt see a post...crazy, guy was obv awesome in The Green Mile, but one of the few actors i pretty much enjoyed in every role...even in terrible movies like the Planet of the Apes remake...

Load Metric
    People here don't seem to not really care about threads like this. Most of the time you will get a Weiss, "Who?" post.

He owned "See Spot Run".

Also didn't know until today that he was engaged to marry Omarosa.

I'm most amazed that he had a heart attack back in July and it wasn't reported on. Was TMZ off that day or something?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Only bodybuilder sized guy who could actually act. Sorry to see him go, 54 is about right for a man his sized and ethnicity. Not a racist comment by any means before the trolls set in.

Funny, I remember less than a month ago some people discussing his recent weight loss. Seems very possible he had a prior heart attack and it was a wake up call he listened to, but too little too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    He had recently become a vegetarian, so there's that.

The canine teeth are there for a reason.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

This is kinda retarded, unless I'm misunderstanding you. Horses, hippos, and a bunch of other herbivores have canines as well. Just like ours, they are pretty much canine teeth in name only, and not really anything like the long sharp canines of real carnivores. Our canines aren't long, sharp, or in the front. Also, we don't even use those teeth when eating meat, or at least we aren't favoring them like real carnivores. The shape of our mouth/face doesn't really make that possible.

Using canine teeth to say that we're supposed to be eating meat doesn't work at all as an argument, especially when you take in the rest of the jaw, face, digestive system, etc... We CAN and DO eat meat, sure, just like cats can eat grains and grass and shit. Ain't nobody calling a cat an omnivore, tho. The canine teeth argument doesn't stand up to logic. Look around at all the other primates built anything like us, and pretty much the only meat you'll see them eat is bugs and termites and shit, for like up to 1/20th of their diet.

I'm not a vegetarian or anything, fyi, just know that most of the arguments that people use to say that we're SUPPOSED to be meat eating are kinda silly and wrong usually.

Loved the Green Mile serial books when they came out, and MCD was perfect in that movie, and pretty much every other movie he's been in. Sucks he's gone. RIP.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Sucks he's gone. RIP.
    he was also a great supporter of mma and studied jiu jitsu under Eddie Bravo I think

Load Metric
    don't you put that on me ricky bobby

Load Metric

This is kinda retarded, unless I'm misunderstanding you.
    No YOU are kinda retarded, the fact you presume to have some kind of educated opinion on the matter and substantiate such a wild assertion with the lolfacts presented in your post made me gag reading it.

The human body CAN run on only vegetables but do you realize how hard that is to do long term and in a healthy fashion?

Here's a hint- we can do it NOW, thanks to supermarkets.

What were our ancestors doing for food back when our body systems were still forming? Going to costco to pick up rice and beans to create a balanced amino acid profile?

The human body is omnivorous and I have studied it at length, my conclusion (and that of my physiology professor, anatomy professor, and my nutrition professor) is substantiated by far more data than the inclusion or exclusion of canine teeth.
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post

No YOU are kinda retarded, the fact you presume to have some kind of educated opinion on the matter and substantiate such a wild assertion with the lolfacts presented in your post made me gag reading it.

The human body CAN run on only vegetables but do you realize how hard that is to do long term and in a healthy fashion?

Here's a hint- we can do it NOW, thanks to supermarkets.

What were our ancestors doing for food back when our body systems were still forming? Going to costco to pick up rice and beans to create a balanced amino acid profile?
    Of course we're omnivorous. I never said we weren't. But for most of our history, we ate plants and berries and nuts and the same shit all the apes and chimps and everything else in our fine corner of the evolution world. Our mouths, our jaws, our wicked long intestines, pretty much everything about us evolved with that in mind for most of ever. We only started consistently eating meat somewhere in the 10, 20 thousand year range as some say, or whenever we learned how to make fire, as others say. I fucking don't remember, but its not that long ago in the grand scheme of how our bodies evolved. If we had ate meat primarily for our entire history, or even a large part of it, our bodies would look a whole lot more like all the other carnivores out there. But we don't. Our minds figured out that we could live and thrive on meat, and we figured out how to plan and hunt and all that shit, but that's practically yesterday in our evolutionary history.
    What were our ancestors doing for food back when our body systems were still forming?
    Fruits, vegetables, berries, and maybe termites and bugs, same as all our upright cousins still do. You can call them omnivores as well if you like, but 95-99% of what they eat ain't meat.

The human body is omnivorous and I have studied it at length, my conclusion (and that of my physiology professor, anatomy professor, and my nutrition professor) is substantiated by far more data than the inclusion or exclusion of canine teeth.
    Do you even read what people write? vegas made the teeth=carnivore comparison, and I tried to show how he was wrong by giving examples of herbivores with canines. I made no conclusions based on teeth, and I pretty explicitly said you had to take everything else into account as well, teeth, face, jaw, digestive system, etc. My point was based on the whole of the human body.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 09-05-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is some growing evidence that an absence of animal fats in the diet can be long-term harmful.

Similarly, it is not as healthy to give toddlers lowfat or skim milk. They are supposed to get whole milk, unless they have a weight problem (and even then, it's better to cut out the calories elsewhere in their diet). This is for developmental reasons, and doesn't apply to adults, but I felt was worth mentioning.

Some trendy dietary changes can actually be harmful, even if they appear to be more healthy.

Eggs were vilified big-time in the 1980s, and the industry suffered. Then it was stated that eggs can be healthy, as long as you stick to just the egg whites. Now, in 2012, it is believed that egg yolks are indeed good for you to eat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Now, in 2012, it is believed that egg yolks are indeed good for you to eat.
    Quote your source. I recently read a 2012 study that concluded eating egg yolks can be worse for you than smoking cigarettes.

http://communications.uwo.ca/western...s_smoking.html

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Now, in 2012, it is believed that egg yolks are indeed good for you to eat.
    Quote your source. I recently read a 2012 study that concluded eating egg yolks can be worse for you than smoking cigarettes.

http://communications.uwo.ca/western...s_smoking.html
    Are you joking? You must be.

"The study looked at data from 1,231 men and women, with a mean age of 61.5, who were patients attending vascular prevention clinics at London Health Sciences Centre’s University Hospital. Ultrasound was used to establish a measurement of total plaque area and questionnaires were filled out regarding their lifestyle and medications including pack-years of smoking (number of packs per day of cigarettes times the number of years), and the number of egg yolks consumed per week times the number of years consumed (egg yolk-years). "

Not quite a double blind placebo controlled experiment, I get that. The logistics would be difficult, all the same though, who the fuck can honestly say they eat x amount of eggs with x frequency, for years on end, and can remember these details AFTER 60 YEARS OF AGE?? (mean age 61.5)

apart from the obvious lulz worthy aspect of the "study" is another niggling detail- stress causes the roots of atherosclerosis for the most part with dietary sugar (or uncontrolled blood sugar, aka type 2 diabetes) a close second so the obvious question is: What about the BIG PICTURE of each person? Things like stress, sugar in the diet, lack of exercise etc. They ignore all of these vital pieces of the puzzle to lambast fucking egg yolks, what a crock.

It gets better! They ADMIT to such idiocy "Spence added the effect of egg yolk consumption over time on increasing the amount of plaque in the arteries was independent of sex, cholesterol, blood pressure, smoking, body mass index and diabetes. And while he says more research should be done to take in possible confounders such as exercise and waist circumference, he stresses that regular consumption of egg yolk should be avoided by persons at risk of cardiovascular disease."

Right, so let's throw modern medical theory out the window for a minute and presume each egg you eat will add x amount fo plaque build up.

What's x? They don't know and conveniently omit such data when it would be very pertinent.

This study is swiss cheese like (full of holes and smells putrid) eating eggs won't hurt you, stress lack of exercise and other controllable risk factors such as smoking and blood sugar will.

Load Metric
    Of course we're omnivorous. I never said we weren't. But for most of our history, we ate plants and berries and nuts and the same shit all the apes and chimps and everything else in our fine corner of the evolution world. Our mouths, our jaws, our wicked long intestines, pretty much everything about us evolved with that in mind for most of ever. We only started consistently eating meat somewhere in the 10, 20 thousand year range as some say, or whenever we learned how to make fire, as others say. I fucking don't remember, but its not that long ago in the grand scheme of how our bodies evolved. If we had ate meat primarily for our entire history, or even a large part of it, our bodies would look a whole lot more like all the other carnivores out there. But we don't. Our minds figured out that we could live and thrive on meat, and we figured out how to plan and hunt and all that shit, but that's practically yesterday in our evolutionary history.
    What were our ancestors doing for food back when our body systems were still forming?
    Fruits, vegetables, berries, and maybe termites and bugs, same as all our upright cousins still do. You can call them omnivores as well if you like, but 95-99% of what they eat ain't meat.

Do you even read what people write? vegas made the teeth=carnivore comparison, and I tried to show how he was wrong by giving examples of herbivores with canines. I made no conclusions based on teeth, and I pretty explicitly said you had to take everything else into account as well, teeth, face, jaw, digestive system, etc. My point was based on the whole of the human body.
    I missed what vegas said, it was so brief. I take back what I said, you know your shit. And for the record you are right about our ancestors diet and I would consider them omnivores for the following reason:

Quote Originally Posted by caveman
    honey, what's for dinner? i hope it's not grubs worms berries or whatever the fuck you've been picking all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavewoman
    well dear, if you caught some kind of game, like a deer or rabbit or something, we are having delicious MEAT, our favourite. If you didn't, it's grubs and berries, like every wednesday when you don't bring home the bacon"
    Cavewomen were such bitches.

Load Metric
    There is some growing evidence that an absence of animal fats in the diet can be long-term harmful.

Similarly, it is not as healthy to give toddlers lowfat or skim milk. They are supposed to get whole milk, unless they have a weight problem (and even then, it's better to cut out the calories elsewhere in their diet). This is for developmental reasons, and doesn't apply to adults, but I felt was worth mentioning.

Some trendy dietary changes can actually be harmful, even if they appear to be more healthy.

Eggs were vilified big-time in the 1980s, and the industry suffered. Then it was stated that eggs can be healthy, as long as you stick to just the egg whites. Now, in 2012, it is believed that egg yolks are indeed good for you to eat.
    Egg yolks contain Biotin which is vital in assimilating the protein from the white. The yolk is also a good source of cholesterol, which is NOT the same as your blood cholesterol. Eating fat does not lead to a rise in blood lipids, though no one seems capable of following such blazing saddle like logic.

Shame.

With milk lactose/fat share an inverse relationship. Lower the fat, raise the lactose. Milk sugar (lactose) is pretty bad for health in general and I try to avoid it as much as I can. Drink whole milk or almond milk IMO.

Animal fat is vital in the body precisely because we have systems designed to release hormones growth factors and the like in response to having eaten meat. Any bodybuilder will tell you the body does not grow optimally without red meat in the diet and it's tough to maintain strength on just fish or something regardless if calories and macro ratio's stay the same.

Trendy dieting is rubbish, eat to lose eat to gain. It's that simple. Six small meals a day adjusting for whether trying to gain or lose is by far the best.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric

This is kinda retarded, unless I'm misunderstanding you. Horses, hippos, and a bunch of other herbivores have canines as well. Just like ours, they are pretty much canine teeth in name only, and not really anything like the long sharp canines of real carnivores. Our canines aren't long, sharp, or in the front. Also, we don't even use those teeth when eating meat, or at least we aren't favoring them like real carnivores. The shape of our mouth/face doesn't really make that possible.

Using canine teeth to say that we're supposed to be eating meat doesn't work at all as an argument, especially when you take in the rest of the jaw, face, digestive system, etc... We CAN and DO eat meat, sure, just like cats can eat grains and grass and shit. Ain't nobody calling a cat an omnivore, tho. The canine teeth argument doesn't stand up to logic. Look around at all the other primates built anything like us, and pretty much the only meat you'll see them eat is bugs and termites and shit, for like up to 1/20th of their diet.

I'm not a vegetarian or anything, fyi, just know that most of the arguments that people use to say that we're SUPPOSED to be meat eating are kinda silly and wrong usually.

Loved the Green Mile serial books when they came out, and MCD was perfect in that movie, and pretty much every other movie he's been in. Sucks he's gone. RIP.
    I imagine a large portion of my half hearted jokes could be interpreted as kinda retarded.

Obviously I know the correlation between us having canines and needing to eat meat is ridiculous. A gorilla disproves that theory pretty quickly.

I do have to say though... Humans started eating meat long before the discovery of fire. There is proof of homo eating meats about 2.5 million years ago. What percentage of their diet was meat I don't know, but I would think it was more than 1-5%. There is also proof that the human mouth has evolved into a smaller form of itself most likely due to us learning how to cook and use tools to make meat easier to consume. Our canines weren't always as small and dull as they are now.

Again, you're right though. The correlation between us having canines and needing meat is non existent. I'll do my best to make more thought out jokes in the future when it comes to huge dudes deciding to go vegetarian in their 50's and then dying from a heart attack.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 09-05-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Load Metric

PFA's Best Poster ya'll
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    I imagine a large portion of my half hearted jokes could be interpreted as kinda retarded.
    After I wrote my post, I was all Fuck, his post probably didn't warrant that response. I was thinking I might get hammered for it, for being a bit of a dick, but then mike came in and rescued me.

Anyway, surprising how small (or not huge, I guess) he looked in this pic, with Rener, Ryron, and Al Bundy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Me defeating Druff 100 BB heads up - http://youtu.be/LmxTH0rZaLk?t=2h12m35s

Thread Information