Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woke up with pins and needles in left hand, won't go away -- what does this mean?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Woke up with pins and needles in left hand, won't go away -- what does this mean?

Today I woke up with a pins-and-needles feeling in my left hand, primarily four of my fingers (the pinky is the only normal one).

I don't feel sick, and there aren't any other symptoms. I did also wake up with a tension headache coming from my neck. However, I typically get about 6 of these per week in the summer, and about half of them are ones I wake up with, so that by itself doesn't mean much. The tension headaches are a hereditary issue I have, which dates back to the 1990s, so that part is nothing new.

However, I've never woken up with pins-and-needles to where it didn't vanish after about 10 minutes. This is the first time it's persisted for hours without improvement.

Remember "thyprez", a legendary Pokerstars maniac who I knew personally, and passed away several years ago from a drug OD? In the 2000s, he told me that he got super drunk, fell asleep on his hand, and woke up with a simialr feeling. The doctor told him that he damaged his nerve, and that his body would usually have woken him up, but couldn't because of the drunken state. He needed surgery to correct it. I hope this didn't happen to me, but there was no reason I wouldn't have woken up, as I don't drink or do drugs, and hadn't taken any kinds of meds before bed.

Any idea what this is? It's very annoying.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Sort of reminds me of this, I have this although it's not as bad as it used to be. Windmilling my arms 10 times forward and then 10 times backward usually does the trick.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/raynauds-phenomenon#:~:text=Raynaud's%20phenomenon%20is%20a %20problem,%2C%20stress%2C%20or%20emotional%20upse t.

What is Raynaud's phenomenon?

Raynaud’s phenomenon is a problem that causes decreased blood flow to the fingers. In some cases, it also causes less blood flow to the ears, toes, nipples, knees, or nose. This happens due to spasms of blood vessels in those areas. The spasms happen in response to cold, stress, or emotional upset.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Did you do anything yesterday that was particularly tasking on your hands or wrists? I used to work a job where I would lift heavy cases of shit all day, and had numbness in my hands constantly. Soon as I quit the job the feeling came back after about a week.
    #ToddsPlan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Nothing unusual yesterday. Went to bed feeling normal.

Highest chance is a compressed nerve, which will get better on its own. I just hoping I didn't thyprez the hand when sleeping, and end up needing surgery to correct it. I've never had something like this before.

Load Metric
    Jerk with the other hand.

Comments

adamantium: the stranger

Load Metric
    Is todge trying to run a longcon game for his gofundme scam for his funeral? IS THAT WHAT MY TODGER IS DOING CUZ I LOVE IT OLD BOY

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Is todge trying to run a longcon game for his gofundme scam for his funeral? IS THAT WHAT MY TODGER IS DOING CUZ I LOVE IT OLD BOY
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/todd-witt...y-site-at-loss

Comments

shoeshine box: can't donate there.

Load Metric
    rofl please make it a real campaign you will get hits

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Occurring in left hand is a sign, a shot across the bow.

Load Metric
    Hope your AIDS get better before you die

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I don’t have pinsand needles, but my neck problems are usually associated with them. I didn’t do anything preceding my neck issues. Just degenerative. My issue is called myelopathy without Radiculopathy. That causes the pins and needles. They usually remark I’m lucky and that the majority of cases have it.

You say the headache came from neck, so it’s possible you are dealing with some compression with radiculopathy. If it persists, you likely have a pinched nerve or the beginnings of something from disc degeneration. It’s also possible you slept on it, I have, but that goes away quickly.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Question

yes, 5 months ago on right little finger and thumb...subsided. still there tho. niggling.......feel the thumb now...

left hand the tips started a month ago...but just enuf to say. ?????

Load Metric
    it's an omen...your hand is rebelling against the idea of being adorned with a relationship oriented ring
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Similar pain a few years ago. My right hand was asleep for 2 weeks. It was carpel tunnel. I was typing a lot for work, sometimes all nighters. Cortisone shot was given first. Then I got it on the other hand. Eventually surgery on both.

Got so bad I felt like I could jump start a car with my hands. The pinky not hurting with the other 4 fits.

Comments

BCR: That’s actually a good guess given the pinkie finger isn’t bothering him and he likely types a lot

Load Metric
    I have the same affliction on my left had. I do dumbell curls wife thinks its from that. Mine is non constant I flex back and forth wiggling my fingers stops after about 5 minutes. Happening every other day or so.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 08-28-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    My whole left side has this feeling pretty much all the time. Like it is asleep. Very annoying. Keep eye on your BP.

Load Metric
    Go to a good chiropractor and you probably need a better quality bed/pillow.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Dumb as usual
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Median nerve for sure, often the wrist (carpal tunnel) been playing a lot of internet pokers?
    Could also be impinged near your neck or shoulder from sleeping in a bad position.
    Ibuprofen for a few days should help.
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 08-28-2021 at 03:22 AM.

Load Metric
    it means you've angered the gods.

or maybe ya slept with your wrist underneath the weight of your body for a few hours. if it continues to happen try a wrist brace with both palmer and dorsal splints. remove palmer splint (a wide and long aluminum popsicle stick). bend the splint so it primarily touches your palm near the knuckles and your forearm with your hand turned in a little. radius on the front of countertops and desk are handy for bending the splint.

https://braceamerica.com/product/bioskin-dp-wrist-support/?attribute_size=BS-54233-R+BS+DP+wrist%2C+Right%2C+Medium-Large%2C+6-8

https://braceamerica.com/product/wc3...sts-supports-8
    The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Go to a good chiropractor and you probably need a better quality bed/pillow.
    Pinched nerve.

All chiropractors are not created equal. Apply the same effort he would to finding a discounted hotel room Todd.

I never noticed his headaches were from the neck up before.

Druff will immediately be fascinated by information about his posture and how he carries himself. Even to the point where the doctor can tell you if you are right or left eye dominant just by now you carry your head.

He’s a guy who spends enormous hours on the computer every day. You know where I’m going with this.

Thread Information