Thread: Its Time for a PFA Sports Betting Sub Forum

Bronze
    Load Metric

Its Time for a PFA Sports Betting Sub Forum

After reading that JSearles was unaware of CM and other hilarity and trying to follow the one thread on here I always try and keep up with I knew that this is what needs to be true. We need a separate Sub Forum for the fine art of sports handicappers. This site site has several active posters with a collective great sport wagering wit. (As well as quite a few users who we always or sometimes want to fade.) There is so much in the other thread that it is hard to follow. But is the most HOF thread on this site. I think our new russian owners would agree. Also you can allow Book Reviews, so we should call it Sports Wagering and Book Reviews. Wow! That is honestly a great name for the sub forum. Also want to remind JSearles in advance that this is where all the sports wagering talk has moved.

Load Metric
    Jsizzle's ignorance of that thread is a great example of the reason not to add another forum, because it's fairly obvious that most people never check any other forum besides Flying Stupidity.

Load Metric
    I think the CM thread fits well in the SSS Sub forum. The scamming threads fit nicely there because they don’t get as much traction as most decent threads in the Flying Stupidty Sub forum. However, they are part of the main mission statement of this forum and this way they stay visible for some time without getting buried in the FS Sub Forum.

The CM thread helps traffic go into the SSS thread, so someone who may have missed a story may find some other interesting shit while checking the CM thread. It also allows the CM thread to be visible for lurkers who read it often without pissing off the regs who may be annoyed by it constantly being shown prominently in FS. All and all I think the system works.

As for the wagering thread, I think it’s kind of cool that someone needs to kind of figure out the deal there. We are not handing out picks served up on a spoon. It takes time to figure out who to ride and fade like you stated above.

As for a sub forum or a thread dedicated to Scamdicapping, that is just a matter of someone wanting to put in the work and make it happen. If you look at all the work New Guy put in to the “YouTube Slot Community” thread, he set the bar pretty high. The shit takes time and I really don’t know how much traction it would get.

Load Metric
    That seems like a decision for Druff, but also for the handful of guys there who are constantly dishing out sage betting advice and are frequent contributors.

They’ve commented on their desire to keep thread clean of nonsense. Never saw any desire for their own forum. I’d assume Druff would go along with their wishes if the majority wanted it, but I’ve never seen them want it. I doubt he’d unilaterally just do that. He would have the right to, but I assume that’s one decision he’d look for input from those who make that thread excellent. Most of the regs also comment on other things in this forum even if they mostly post in that thread. They might not want to have to be bouncing back and forth.

Load Metric
    Well I’m biased but I say no.

The genesis of the one and only FSWT is before it’s existence we had 15 different tout style threads on page one. Every major event or interesting sharp lean became it’s own 1-2 page entity.

There is also a long standing agreement with Todd that the FSWT is a “content thread”. In other words shit posting beyond any natural gambling fails are outlawed. Shitposters like Limited Les are banned from the thread.

If you feel like there is bullshit that doesn’t belong in the FSWT bring it to Todd’s attention (or I’m happy to carry the water to him for a review as unofficial thread captain) and it will be dealt with.

I mean do whatever the fuck you want it’s a free forum, but my personal vote is keep it to one thread.

Comments

JeffDime: This. Somehow it works. A whole sub forum could become a shit show

Thread Information