Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True PFA stories: A celebrity bribed me to remove a picture of them from this site

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

True PFA stories: A celebrity bribed me to remove a picture of them from this site

A few years ago, I got a weird message through the PFA contact form. The person said that they represented "a famous person" and they wanted to pay me to delete a thread here.

I assumed this was a prank or some kind of scam, but I was curious enough to respond.

I told the person that I don't accept money to remove content here, but I would be willing to remove something for free if it's either untrue or causing someone harm when they haven't done anything wrong. I also asked them who they were representing.

This person said they would not reveal who they're representing, and simply wanted to offer me bitcoin to delete a therad here. They promised they would send the bitcoin first (which is obviously irreversible), and that I wouldn't have to do anything else in return, except delete the thread.

I told them that, again, they could not bribe me to remove threads. However, I told them to send me the link to the thread, and explain their concern, and if I agreed, I'd remove the thread for free.

They sent me a link to a long thread on PFA. They declined to state why they wanted it deleted. They just wanted it gone.

I told them that there was no way I would be removing that thread, even if they offered me a lot of money. That thread had a lot of good discussion, and I didn't want it removed, nor could I even have explained to the userbase why it was gone! (I did wonder just how much they were willing to pay, though! What if, say, they offered me $100k just to remove that thread?)

The person responded that they were really only concered with one post in that thread. I told them to link me to the post, and said I'd consider removing that one post if it was objectionable, harmful, or very low quality.

Surprisingly, the post had about 5 words, and indeed had a picture of a celebrity in it. The thread was NOT about this celebrity, and this celebrity's pic was posted by a user while they made an unrelated joke. The picture was not a nude photo or anything else embarrassing or private. But why was it so important to have that picture -- which was clearly grabbed from the web somewhere -- removed from here?

I asked the person, and they told me that "search results" were the problem.

From there, I figured it out. A google search about that thread subject -- which had to do with a scam -- brought up that celebrity's photo, because that was posted in the thread. The celebrity (or a friend of theirs) must have discovered this, and an anonymous party (or perhaps the celebrity themselves) tried to bribe me to remove it, thus fixing the problem.

Well, I was willing to remove this post. It was an old discussion from years back, the celebrity in question had nothing to do with the matter, and apparently google searches were causing people to get confused, thus unintentionally harming this celebrity's reputation. PFA would not be any worse off from that 5-word post being removed.

However, recall that I run this site at a loss. If this celebrity wanted to pay me for my trouble, I was willing to take it.

"How much will you send to remove just that post?", I asked.

"$200", they replied.

Not a fortune, but given that this took a few seconds to do, and caused no harm to PFA or that old discussion, I agreed to do it. They sent the bitcoin, and I deleted the post.

The hidden income of forum onwership!

No wonder the Russians paid a million bucks for 2+2.

Load Metric
    Okay, who posted the picture?

what type of celebrity?

Someone really famous?

Actor or actress?

Comedian?

Poker celebrity?

Which one of these?

Load Metric
    So, now we know the price of Druff's integrity = $200. LOL

Comments

garrett: lol...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    How much is that BTC worth now.

Load Metric
    I’ve always wondered why you’ve continued to allow X Factor to continue posting, despite his every post being am irrelevant sentence and accompanied by a photo.

You’re X Factor and parlayed this chance event into a continuous income stream.

Load Metric
    probably the middle one, the left and right, probably dont care and realize its all a part of fame

but idk, gut read anyway

Load Metric
    Going to assume it was Charlie Sheen. He was running pretty hot on this site a few years ago.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Okay, who posted the picture?

what type of celebrity?

Someone really famous?

Actor or actress?

Comedian?

Poker celebrity?

Which one of these?

Of these three, Druff would remove first two as courtesy and take $200 from Liv. That’s my guess if those were the three choices, which they clearly aren’t.

I’d be curious who the picture was also.

The payment by BTC makes me guess a celebrity under 35 given this was years ago.

Comments

garrett: lolz

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The celebrity is not a poker celebrity, nor do I think they play poker.

Also, by "celebrity", I mean, "Anyone voluntarily notable and known to the general public." This includes well known politicians, prominent business figures, athletes, actors/actresses, etc.

It does NOT include people involuntarily thrust into the spotlight due to some sort of scandal or controversy (unless they were already well known prior to that).

Those are the only hints I will give for right now.

Load Metric
    Kershaw got pissed at all of Sanlmar’s posts?

Comments

BCR: Druff never charges Kershaw, but made me laugh.

Load Metric
    How much does it cost to remove a user from the site?

Silver
    Load Metric
    $200.00?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Smart move by druff creating this thread. If he was to ask for money to delete information about a poster he would be possibly committing blackmail. However, by accepting the money without solicitation, he is likely fine. This thread shows his potential victims that he is willing to accept money to remove their information for a relatively small fee. If victims come to him first and offer to pay he is all good.

Comments

shoeshine box: genius

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    How much does it cost to remove a user from the site?
    Now there's a queation.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’ve always wondered why you’ve continued to allow X Factor to continue posting, despite his every post being am irrelevant sentence and accompanied by a photo.

You’re X Factor and parlayed this chance event into a continuous income stream.
    X Factor is the ultimate meme king, in a league of his own. The only one who comes even remotely close in that department is your buddy Dwai

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Give us a name, then edit it out later. The fuck kinda lame story is this? Give us the damn juice.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Give us a name, then edit it out later. The fuck kinda lame story is this? Give us the damn juice.
    He is not a guy with a glamour shot with a TJ Maxx sports coat that is for sure.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    He is not a guy with a glamour shot with a TJ Maxx sports coat that is for sure.

You just stay anonymous and talk more little boy. You couldn’t afford my underwear, gimp boy.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Load Metric

You just stay anonymous and talk more little boy. You couldn’t afford my underwear, gimp boy.
    How much of your day trading account you willing to put up?

Load Metric

How much of your day trading account you willing to put up?

I’ll go beyond that, and wager my old prop account value. A cool million.

I think I just released a mild squirter, underwear confirmed to still hold a decent premium over your entire life.

I suggest you move it along. You know damn well you can’t win here. Go find a newbie dupe to ball swing off of.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Good battle so far Tgull is a tough opponent.

Thread Information