Thread: A timeless SNL classic, when they shot both ways

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric

A timeless SNL classic, when they shot both ways

Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

country978: back when snl was watchable
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I watched a good deal of SNL in those days, so I'm surprsied I don't remember this.

Anyway, just watched the whole 7-minute skit and unfortunately it's mostly a jab at conservatives. They're basically showing an absurdist version of a fugitive liberal (one of the last of his kind) living in a conservative dystopia, which sprung for Reagan's union-busting. There's very little bashing of actual liberals or their beliefs, except perhaps the character's somewhat effeminate mannerisms.

I've posted this before, but this is the only semi-recent SNL skit which actuall makes fun of liberals -- this one mocking comfortable limousine liberal types who are both self-unaware and racist, during the night Hillary lost:

It seems to be largely inspired by a classic All in the Family episode, where two black burglars make fun of Meathead for arrogantly claiming that he understands the plight of impoverished black men and their reasons for committing crime.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I watched a good deal of SNL in those days, so I'm surprsied I don't remember this.

Anyway, just watched the whole 7-minute skit and unfortunately it's mostly a jab at conservatives. They're basically showing an absurdist version of a fugitive liberal (one of the last of his kind) living in a conservative dystopia, which sprung for Reagan's union-busting. There's very little bashing of actual liberals or their beliefs, except perhaps the character's somewhat effeminate mannerisms.

I've posted this before, but this is the only semi-recent SNL skit which actuall makes fun of liberals -- this one mocking comfortable limousine liberal types who are both self-unaware and racist, during the night Hillary lost:

It seems to be largely inspired by a classic All in the Family episode, where two black burglars make fun of Meathead for arrogantly claiming that he understands the plight of impoverished black men and their reasons for committing crime.
    Oh jolly. It was just a matter of time but we finally get a break down on comedy by Druff. I think that's a wrap. Nothing left, right?

Nothing better than sarcasm to point out the obvious but it clearly doesn't land with some.

Name:  80A651D8-D37B-4CF6-B78E-BC55F074F702.gif
Views: 109
Size:  412.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Which character did you consider somewhat effeminate? I feel this is an incorrect read on your part which further leads me to believe your strong right wing bias makes this skit unfunny for you.

I loled at least four times

Thread Information