Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: BUT LIKE JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post

Yeah right moron. You born yesterday?

Military industrial complex runs this shit.

Just like the pharmaceutical companies, we provide the problem and the solution.
    We'll be back in Afghanistan in no time. Trust.
    truer words have never been spoken in any political thread on PFA...

does anybody ever notice how there is no name calling, bitching and complaining amongst the Rs and Ds when it comes to the military budget...they seem to be in lock step agreement on juicing it up...strange for people that supposedly are mortal enemies of each other to agree on this one singular thing...

Well here is the thing they don’t teach you at state school and they certainly wouldn’t tell you at an Ivy leauge until you are in your 40’s and part of the machine.

The military budget, in part, isn’t just to keep the safety of our citizens but the safety of the reserve currency of the world.

We control the bombs. The Saudis control the Oil.

For years the Chinese were happy with building their position with our dollars.

Times they are a changing but for the time being the game is the same.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

I blame him for ignoring our own intelligence community who told him this would happen and it put out citizens, our visiting allies and our local allies in a world of danger.
    I would be open to seeing some evidence of this. No troll.

As of now I hold the Pentagon responsible. It’s a safe default position
    Then again:

Name:  mcqgulervrg.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  181.2 KB

Needless to say, the meme machine going full steam ahead on right wing twitter right now.

Load Metric
    That’s you in the video saying “wake up”, amirite?

Load Metric
    Not Biden’s problem.

If the U.S. were to remain in the country, they would have to declare another war against Afghanistan, which can only be approved by Congress.

Are Republicans ready to approve another war?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: You’re on fire

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brothers I found the pictures from the airport fascinating

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Not Biden’s problem.

If the U.S. were to remain in the country, they would have to declare another war against Afghanistan, which can only be approved by Congress.

Of course it’s not Biden’s problem, he likely can’t find Afghanistan on a map.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Wanna bet?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Good folks: I’m very glad that Biden defeated Trump in the election last year, and fully expected the Taliban to retake Afghanistan at some point after we departed. But I am openly now SUPER PISSED (!!!) that Team Biden has so THOROUGHLY FUCKED UP in planning HOW we left/are leaving, specifically regarding leaving over 80,000 Afghan allies there without a means to be safely ferried out of the country and given asylum here in the US or another allied forces country of their choosing.

And if Biden doesn’t correct this oversight by his team — and before the Taliban get to them — the almost certain deaths of those Afghan allies left behind by HIS administration will be on his hands.

So, ACT NOW, Mr. President! SAVE OUR AFGHAN ALLIES!!!

Comments

Sanlmar: Druff but fair
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Not Biden’s problem.

Agree with you that getting out is the correct thing...

but like a break up, it won't be pretty; but it is necessary, so sack up America

is there something is our negotiated withdrawal agreement that prevents destroying buildings, bridges, roads, planes, and other useful assets?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Good folks: I’m very glad that Biden defeated Trump in the election last year, and fully expected the Taliban to retake Afghanistan at some point after we departed. But I am openly now SUPER PISSED (!!!) that Team Biden has so THOROUGHLY FUCKED UP in planning HOW we left/are leaving, specifically regarding leaving over 80,000 Afghan allies there without a means to be safely ferried out of the country and given asylum here in the US or another allied forces country of their choosing.

And if Biden doesn’t correct this oversight by his team — and before the Taliban get to them — the almost certain deaths of those Afghan allies left behind by HIS administration will be on his hands.

really well said mumbles. It seems the soldiers have secured the airport and are making progress in keeping our promises to the Afgans. I hope we do this but I know we've recently let down the Kurds in Syria and so I am not optimistic as yet. I admire the passion in your words. I hope we collectively can turn what should be a hard lesson learned for us into a better outcome in Iraq.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I know some of you might hate me for saying this but we owe Iraq an apology and I hope Bush delivers it side by side with Obama. To me this is the least we could do. I dream of a day we turn Bush Cheney Wolfowitz Powell Rice over to an international war crime tribunal. Obama was a huge failure too. Way more so than I considered when I voted for him 2x. A lot of not no good history in this country.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    I know some of you might hate me for saying this but we owe Iraq an apology and I hope Bush delivers it side by side with Obama. To me this is the least we could do. I dream of a day we turn Bush Cheney Wolfowitz Powell Rice over to an international war crime tribunal. Obama was a huge failure too. Way more so than I considered when I voted for him 2x. A lot of not no good history in this country.
    fuck Iraq

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I don't get the whole, have all the soldiers leave first and we'll try to get all the civilian Americans, billions of equipment and other shit later. Seriously, who the fuck made this decision? I know Biden says it's all on him but let's be honest, the dude has no clue what the hell is going on.

Load Metric

The last 20 years is going to be an open festering wound for a long time to come. At least it’s my hope.

What do you tell the parents of dead servicemen? Can’t wait to hear it. I have long said here that I never bought into the “thank you for your service” empty bullshit.

This episode in our sorry history will be debated for decades like Vietnam. Again, I hope anyway.

Watch this video Mumbles and tell me you didn’t tip your cap to the Orange Man. That weasel Jeb Bush was just dying on stage. Trump telling Jeb his mother should have run. Honestly, a thorough delight.

We both know it was a Cheney/Rumsfeld production (the Nixon crew) but the buck stops with Bush.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Trump lied and flip-flopped. He was “for the war” before he was “against it”. He simply jumped on the “against it” wagon after it became obvious it was a failure.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-17-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Load Metric
    Can you believe Cheney is still alive?

Think he will make a public comment before his ticker gives out?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Afghanistan invasion had to happen. It was Iraq which was questionable (though much more reasonable at the time than people now think they remember).

As OSA said, after the 9/11 attacks, doing little in Afghanistan would have both looked weak AND enabled a subsequent attack to occur. Clinton tried ignoring the danger from the region in the late 1990s, and look how that turned out for us. At the very least, there needed to be major military action severely weakining al Qaeda, and either forcing the Taliban out of power, or severely damaging them. The Taliban worked hand in hand in support of al Qaeda regarding 9/11.

It is understandable that the mission to install an alternate government in Afghanistan failed, and that it was destined to fall to the Taliban shortly after we left. So it made sense that we had plans to get out. Trump saw it, Biden saw it, and I don't have an issue with that decision.

It was HOW the withdrawal was done which was botched badly. Even Mumbles sees it. The people making excuses like "We had to leave" or "This was Trump's idea" are missing the point.

Biden even ignored all of his own intellignece people, telling him the drop-everything-and-leave plan was retrarded. He did it anyway.

There also could have been some threats to the Taliban on the way out. Something along the lines of, "We're leaving, but if X and Y happens, we're both coming back and bombing the shit out of you." The Taliban, while ruled by religious extremism, isn't al Qaeda. They have a practical side. They've seen for 20 years what it's like to be out of power, and they don't want it to happen again. Instead, we just peaced out, shrugged our shoulders, called it a failure, and ditched.

Biden just isn't good at foreign policy. Obama wasn't, either. We've seen it with China, we've seen it with Mexico, we've seen it with Iran, and now we're seeing it here.

Load Metric
    The Afghanistan invasion had to happen. It was Iraq which was questionable (though much more reasonable at the time than people now think they remember).

As OSA said, after the 9/11 attacks, doing little in Afghanistan would have both looked weak AND enabled a subsequent attack to occur. Clinton tried ignoring the danger from the region in the late 1990s, and look how that turned out for us. At the very least, there needed to be major military action severely weakining al Qaeda, and either forcing the Taliban out of power, or severely damaging them. The Taliban worked hand in hand in support of al Qaeda regarding 9/11.

It is understandable that the mission to install an alternate government in Afghanistan failed, and that it was destined to fall to the Taliban shortly after we left. So it made sense that we had plans to get out. Trump saw it, Biden saw it, and I don't have an issue with that decision.

It was HOW the withdrawal was done which was botched badly. Even Mumbles sees it. The people making excuses like "We had to leave" or "This was Trump's idea" are missing the point.

Biden even ignored all of his own intellignece people, telling him the drop-everything-and-leave plan was retrarded. He did it anyway.

There also could have been some threats to the Taliban on the way out. Something along the lines of, "We're leaving, but if X and Y happens, we're both coming back and bombing the shit out of you."The Taliban, while ruled by religious extremism, isn't al Qaeda. They have a practical side. They've seen for 20 years what it's like to be out of power, and they don't want it to happen again. Instead, we just peaced out, shrugged our shoulders, called it a failure, and ditched.

Biden just isn't good at foreign policy. Obama wasn't, either. We've seen it with China, we've seen it with Mexico, we've seen it with Iran, and now we're seeing it here.
    The “We don’t give a FUCK what you do to anyone other than American and allied FOREIGN personnel” deal is what Team Trump negotiated and agreed to last year. Biden was honoring that agreement by not unilaterally adding new terms to the deal. If Biden had made some kind of new demands on the Taliban for us to leave there, or to renew a war from a distance (e.g. air and missile strikes), the GOP and the rightwing mediasphere would have blasted Biden for dragging his feet on honoring Trump’s “HISTORIC PEACE DEAL(!!!)”. So, really, you can stuff THAT aspect of your criticism of Biden up yer ass.

Also, the intelligence people weren’t in consensus that the Taliban would act so quickly. But Biden’s team definitely fucked up by not being 1000% more proactive about being able to give safe haven to our Afghan allies whose lives would be at risk if the Taliban took power.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

The last 20 years is going to be an open festering wound for a long time to come. At least it’s my hope.

What do you tell the parents of dead servicemen? Can’t wait to hear it. I have long said here that I never bought into the “thank you for your service” empty bullshit.

This episode in our sorry history will be debated for decades like Vietnam. Again, I hope anyway.

Watch this video Mumbles and tell me you didn’t tip your cap to the Orange Man. That weasel Jeb Bush was just dying on stage. Trump telling Jeb his mother should have run. Honestly, a thorough delight.

We both know it was a Cheney/Rumsfeld production (the Nixon crew) but the buck stops with Bush.

I feel horrible for the people left behind, but this is the ending this deserved.

We should have never had a troop in Iraq ever. We should have bombed Afghanistan relentlessly for allowing an attack to be launched from there, but the idea we are going to occupy some middle eastern country and spread democracy is so laughable it’s amazing. We aren’t even a democracy any more.

Be like us.

Our best and brightest young minds get grad degrees and print money and knock each other up and move to a gated community to avoid our own assholes.

Their lives don’t make it to other cultures. We export our TikTok and media trash. Not exactly a convincing argument for our way of life.

This is an accurate ending. This is what believing American bullshit ends up like. After Vietnam and now this, the next locals who believe us when we say we have their back will almost deserve us as friends.

Something more organized saves ten thousand lives now and lets us wrap this disaster in bullshit for the history books and claim some fake victory. Fuck that. That will cost another million people their lives in another decade.

Let them see it for what it is. This is what absolute abject failure looks like. With friends like us.

From Bush all the way though Biden absolutely botching the exit. Bush/Cheney the worst, but pure failure all the way from start to finish.

Almost makes me glad Biden’s senile so he fucked up the closing act enough for the world to see this with clarity.

From everything I’ve read, we didn’t even have plans at any point, in this administration or the last, for asylum of any significance. If you don’t have that, what does it matter? Raped and beheaded in 48 hours or two weeks is of little difference.

This ugliness and visual might open more spots for allies just out of ass covering. Knowing us, we’ll import 1 jihadi for every 3 allies.

The next war there is going to be nukes. I’m more convinced of it every day. How do you sit around a table making plans in ten years if they reform and launch something at us again to invade? For what, a 1000 years? They’ll be sitting around a table saying, well they kicked the Soviet’s ass and outlasted us too and live in caves in the fucking mountains.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Fucking raw

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    fuck Iraq
    We already did.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

President George Bush rejected as "non-negotiable" an offer by the Taliban to discuss turning over Osama bin Laden if the United States ended the bombing in Afghanistan.

You know where I’m heading with this. A quick solution to “terrorism” was not really what we were after.

Yes, OSA, there was an element of theater and retribution.

Clinton? Afghanistan in the late 80’s and 90’s? C’mon. Russia, Pakistan, China, India were all in there. Ignore? You’re insane or naive. Nothing was more complicated. The Soviet Fucking Union was in there. No one was ignoring anything. This had WWIII potential to some. I remember the nightly news at the time. There were more criss crossing interests in Afghanistan than anyone could fathom and everyone was deeply concerned here.

Our intelligence at the time of 9/11 had a pretty good sense of the threats but given nothing of the like had ever happened before it was not regarded as seriously as it should have been. Or it was just more incompetence. Ignoring the threat was the most egregious sin.

With the Taliban in place every Jihadist has a safe space now.

You ask Cheney what economic and political reasons were really the motive. Oil traded in Eurodollars not USD was one.

Much of this was 20 years of incompetence. Intelligence community, military and political. It is ending as it started.

You try too hard to find a right side and wrong side. Always pushing the agenda. That is not reality. That is not how the world works.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-18-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Thread Information