Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: BUT LIKE JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Trump fans would have been all over Biden if he had reversed course. They would be all over him no matter what he did.

Lol that Trump undid the Iran nuclear deal that was working, saying it was “weak,” then makes a deal to pull out of Afghanistan in exchange for a “promise” from the Taliban not to let Afghanistan become a home of international terrorism. But they PROMISED!

LOL at you fucking clowns blaming anybody other than Trump for this.
    Even the left media is saying Biden fucked up here. Get your head out of your ass Walt. It's ok to say Biden fucked up. Really it's ok.
    When he actually fucks up I’ll say so. Actually I think he’s fucking up by pushing too hard for “bipartisanship.”

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    When he actually fucks up I’ll say so. Actually I think he’s fucking up by pushing too hard for “bipartisanship.”
    Yep. Fuck Trump, Fuck the Republican party and Mitch McConnell.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

Biden was forced to? Wtf are you smoking? He’s reversed or canceled virtually every single thing that Trump did but here you think his hands were tied?

Trump fans would have been all over Biden if he had reversed course. They would be all over him no matter what he did.

Lol that Trump undid the Iran nuclear deal that was working, saying it was “weak,” then makes a deal to pull out of Afghanistan in exchange for a “promise” from the Taliban not to let Afghanistan become a home of international terrorism. But they PROMISED!

Not anybody. Biden. 100% Biden.

Colossal fuck up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    tine rationalizing a bunch of brown chicks getting beheaded and raped special though and in the back of his mind knowing trump wouldnt have ever let this debacle happen
    It would have been even worse under Trump.

It’s a problem with no solution. Name one thing that Trump could have or would have done differently. Name one thing he did that went well. Nothing.
    It happened on Biden's watch, he owns it. He claimed to be this foreign policy guru, and it turns out he is dumb like a stump like we all knew. The Delta variant is also happening on his watch. Same with the border meltdown. Same with inflation

Now, I don't really blame him for any of this, but mongs like you would and did did blame Trump for everything, so LOL is your face.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

It would have been even worse under Trump.

It’s a problem with no solution. Name one thing that Trump could have or would have done differently. Name one thing he did that went well. Nothing.
    It happened on Biden's watch, he owns it. He claimed to be this foreign policy guru, and it turns out he is dumb like a stump like we all knew. The Delta variant is also happening on his watch. Same with the border meltdown. Same with inflation

Now, I don't really blame him for any of this, but mongs like you would and did did blame Trump for everything, so LOL is your face.
    Biden owns your face.

He will win again.

Trump lost, fuck your feelings plumberbitch.

Comments

TheXFactor: Trump Virus.

Sloppy Joe: Plumberbitch

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Colossal fuck up.
    100% Biden, Daly? This is hyperbole and an outlook on the subject that is not aligned with facts. See this for what it is: A failure of 4 presidents and a failure of the country in which we live to serve our interests. The ignorance involved in only calling out the party you oppose is what will keep us from learning very much about what actually happened and what did not, who is at fault and what should happen next. We lost a war we could never win. I've been speaking out about this war and the war in Iraq for a long time. I know a lot about Viet Nam because I studied it not because I lived it so I cant say that this is worse than the end of the Viet Nam war but living through this feels really horrible. Its been really terrible there for us for a long time. Nobody cared and so for there to be much of an outcry now and blaming Mr Biden shows a lack of historical perspective. Good for Mr Trump to do what he could to get us out of there and good for Mr Biden to finish the work. How does anyone think the end of a 19 year lost war is supposed to look? Its ugly and it hurts. And God help us because what we've done in Iraq is worse and we're still there. I sure do hope people begin to speak up more about Iraq now and the shame Mr Bush brought on our country. May God bless Mr Biden as at least he had the courage to do what what had to happen and may he continue to be blessed as he considers how to get this country out of Iraq. May God damn George W Bush for what he did to us and also Mr Obama for not getting us out when he had 8 years to do so. I blame Trump and Biden the least in all of this because I believe they did the best they could to make this day happen.

Comments

Sanlmar: Too balanced & real for PFA, brother. Opinion of a veteran counts for a lot too

Walter Sobchak: VFW

Load Metric
    Trump would have pulled us out earlier, but neither he nor Biden created the problem. When Alexander the Great got to Afghanistan he said, fuck this, and headed south. It’s was the only time in his campaign in Asia that he gave up. Only the Mongols have been (moderately) successful in occupying that shithole.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post

Colossal fuck up.
    100% Biden, Daly? This is hyperbole and an outlook on the subject that is not aligned with facts. See this for what it is: A failure of 4 presidents and a failure of the country in which we live to serve our interests. The ignorance involved in only calling out the party you oppose is what will keep us from learning very much about what actually happened and what did not, who is at fault and what should happen next. We lost a war we could never win. I've been speaking out about this war and the war in Iraq for a long time. I know a lot about Viet Nam because I studied it not because I lived it so I cant say that this is worse than the end of the Viet Nam war but living through this feels really horrible. Its been really terrible there for us for a long time. Nobody cared and so for there to be much of an outcry now and blaming Mr Biden shows a lack of historical perspective. Good for Mr Trump to do what he could to get us out of there and good for Mr Biden to finish the work. How does anyone think the end of a 19 year lost war is supposed to look? Its ugly and it hurts. And God help us because what we've done in Iraq is worse and we're still there. I sure do hope people begin to speak up more about Iraq now and the shame Mr Bush brought on our country. May God bless Mr Biden as at least he had the courage to do what what had to happen and may he continue to be blessed as he considers how to get this country out of Iraq. May God damn George W Bush for what he did to us and also Mr Obama for not getting us out when he had 8 years to do so. I blame Trump and Biden the least in all of this because I believe they did the best they could to make this day happen.
    You’ve made several sensible posts. I always give you the floor especially cause you were there but I should have applauded more.

What strikes me is you are so balanced in your thinking. I know guys who volunteered cause of flag waving 9/11 emotion and others who are extremely angry about their experience. You seem to be neither. You seem clear eyed.

I agree with everything you say. There is no right side politically. Grown up talk.

Comments

country978: thank you. we have to leave iraq

Load Metric

Colossal fuck up.

The subject crossed from one thread into this one.

I agree with just about everything you said. The overreaching subject of “Afghanistan” is a 20 year 5 President quagmire with plenty of blame to go around.

My quoted comment in response to Walter was targeted at the last 72 hours and the shit show this has digressed into (which you would have had no way of knowing).

I don’t blame Biden for losing Afghanistan that would be ridiculous. I blame him for ignoring our own intelligence community who told him this would happen and it put out citizens, our visiting allies and our local allies in a world of danger.

Comments

country978: thanks daly

Walter Sobchak: You’re not wrong but there’s only so much he could do about it

Load Metric

I blame him for ignoring our own intelligence community who told him this would happen and it put out citizens, our visiting allies and our local allies in a world of danger.
    I would be open to seeing some evidence of this. No troll.

As of now I hold the Pentagon responsible. It’s a safe default position

Gold
    Load Metric

The subject crossed from one thread into this one.

I agree with just about everything you said. The overreaching subject of “Afghanistan” is a 20 year 5 President quagmire with plenty of blame to go around.

Thank you Daly for elaborating on this and Sanlmar for the kind words. The end of a lost war is ugly. We have all seen the helicopters being pushed off the carriers as a symbol of the end of Viet Nam and now we have the contemporary images of a long lost war. We have to leave Iraq. We invaded Iraq illegally and we've been asked to leave many times. The end of that one is not going to be pretty either (I fear). But we have to leave. Lets all turn our sadness and shame for this loss into demands and rage for the sin that has been Iraq since 2003. President Biden had the courage to do what had to be done and I hope he will have the courage to get us out of Iraq too.

My quoted comment in response to Walter was targeted at the last 72 hours and the shit show this has digressed into (which you would have had no way of knowing).

I don’t blame Biden for losing Afghanistan that would be ridiculous. I blame him for ignoring our own intelligence community who told him this would happen and it put out citizens, our visiting allies and our local allies in a world of danger.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Thank you Daly for elaborating on this and Sanlmar for the kind words. The end of a lost war is ugly. We have all seen the helicopters being pushed off the carriers as a symbol of the end of Viet Nam and now we have the contemporary images of a long lost war. We have to leave Iraq. We invaded Iraq illegally and we've been asked to leave many times. The end of that one is not going to be pretty either (I fear). But we have to leave. Lets all turn our sadness and shame for this loss into demands and rage for the sin that has been Iraq since 2003. President Biden had the courage to do what had to be done and I hope he will have the courage to get us out of Iraq too

Silver
    Load Metric
    Thank you Daly for elaborating on this and Sanlmar for the kind words. The end of a lost war is ugly. We have all seen the helicopters being pushed off the carriers as a symbol of the end of Viet Nam and now we have the contemporary images of a long lost war. We have to leave Iraq. We invaded Iraq illegally and we've been asked to leave many times. The end of that one is not going to be pretty either (I fear). But we have to leave. Lets all turn our sadness and shame for this loss into demands and rage for the sin that has been Iraq since 2003. President Biden had the courage to do what had to be done and I hope he will have the courage to get us out of Iraq too
    Yeah right moron. You born yesterday?

Military industrial complex runs this shit.

Just like the pharmaceutical companies, we provide the problem and the solution.
    We'll be back in Afghanistan in no time. Trust.

Comments

Sanlmar: Raytheon has been my lifelong friend. RTN then RTX.

GambleBotsChafedPenis: One Of The Most Coge Points Ever Made On PFA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    The Taliban, who have the continued support of Pakistan despite two decades of US diplomatic efforts to the contrary, retaking Afghanistan is as inevitable as North Vietnam defeating South Vietnam after the US left there in the early 1970s under the political theatre of a peace treaty with North Vietnam. The only difference is that the Taliban is doing so a lot sooner than the geniuses in the Pentagon predicted.
    Right, this day was going to come eventually--so no more bullshit about fighting to bring democracy to people not ready for it.

it was bad to commit to invasion back in 2001 -- should have thought that out before choosing that option--retaliation raids for 9/11 would have been best at 10 to 1

we the US are an imperialist capitalist country and the world is better for it as we see it...deal with it
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    I know nothing of foreign politics except my hours devoted to europa universalis and crusader kings. What I did learn from that game (Through Castille trying to attack the Moores) was never try and take over a Muslim country without having plans for a thorough cultural and religious takeover in the coming decades.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post

Just like the pharmaceutical companies, we provide the problem and the solution.
    truer words have never been spoken in any political thread on PFA...

does anybody ever notice how there is no name calling, bitching and complaining amongst the Rs and Ds when it comes to the military budget...they seem to be in lock step agreement on juicing it up...strange for people that supposedly are mortal enemies of each other to agree on this one singular thing...

Diamond
    Load Metric
    LOL @ blaming Bush. What did you want to have happen after 5k people died in the middle of Manhattan? People needed to pay and Iraq and Afghanistan were made examples of.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon Barksdale View Post

truer words have never been spoken in any political thread on PFA...

does anybody ever notice how there is no name calling, bitching and complaining amongst the Rs and Ds when it comes to the military budget...they seem to be in lock step agreement on juicing it up...strange for people that supposedly are mortal enemies of each other to agree on this one singular thing...
    Republicans have always favoured military spending significantly more than democrats over the past few decades. This is very common knowledge.

The problem is Americans are so obsessed with miliatry that it’s political suicide to suggest budget cuts in this area.

I honestly believe trump probably wanted significant cuts to military spending based off of his comments in the past. But he wouldn’t touch it because of his advisors and it would have killed support within his base. He’s always been vocal about USAs over reach in this area.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    LOL @ blaming Bush. What did you want to have happen after 5k people died in the middle of Manhattan? People needed to pay and Iraq and Afghanistan were made examples of.
    And Iraq was related how?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    And Iraq was related how?

First minute of this movie

Just because no WMD were found, doesn't mean that Saddam didn't possess them leading up to the invasion

Thread Information