Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: BUT LIKE JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING

Load Metric
    Just a reminder you are in lol wow’s BIDEN FOREIGN EXPERIENCE thread.

August 29th United States drone strike in Kabul killed 10 Afghan civilians, including seven children.
    President Joe Biden has vowed to continue going after ISIS-K in Afghanistan via an "over-the-horizon" approach, which essentially involves conducting operations or strikes without boots on the ground.

So yes Walter, maybe the US is back.

I gotta side with Druff on Trump’s foreign policy record. It’s a tough pill to swallow admittedly. He was a disaster diplomatically so if you wanna throw rocks have at it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The US pretty much was the UN's bitch, prior to Trump. GW Bush somewhat broke from what they wanted, but he never had the balls to take that concept as far as it needed to go.

Trump's attitude was, "Fuck it, we will do what's best for America. I don't give shit what the UN thinks."

That was actually the correct attitude. The US doesn't really need the UN, and if something really big happens to where UN cooperation is necessary, they'll cooperate anyway, as our interests do align a good deal.

Biden is back to kissing ass to the UN.

I was impressed with Trump's foreign policy moves, in general. That was the best aspect of his Presidency, but it was overshadowed by his tweets, bad behavior, and ultimately his inability to accept defeat.

However, Trump basically got every major foreign policy decision right, whereas Biden has them all wrong thus far.
    I did not like the decision to assassinate the Iranian general in Iraq mostly because of the retaliation against the American soldiers in Iraq that could have easily been expected. Aside from that my objections to Trump foreign policy are few. And its good to hear Druff finally compliment Trump, albeit indirectly, for his role in getting us out of Afghanistan.
    The Iranian general (who was a major terrorist) assassination was controversial at the time, but I agreed with it. Many claimed it would result in severe retaliation, but Trump counted on Iran being too scared to escalate against a much stronger country. He was correct, as Iran fired rockets into an empty building, just to make it appear they were retaliating, but being careful not to actually escalate. As you can see, we're now almost 2 years removed from it, and nothing further has happened. Trump 100% made the right call there.

In fact, in the weeks following that action, when little happened in response, Trump was at his peak. Economy was great, Iran move appeared to be correct, and Trump was widely expected to be reelected. Even the betting markets reflected that. Then about a week later... COVID. Game over.

Trump didn't have the right personality or leadership style to handle COVID well. His messaging was bad, he wasn't on top of things, and he allowed the Democrats/media to get him on the defensive immediately. That's what beat him. COVID was basically Trump's kryptonite.

However, go back before COVID -- which comprised the first 75% of his Presidency, and I very much approved of most of his policy. If you remove the noise and the tweet bullshit, most of his policy was very sane and well grounded in reason. If he could have just kept off Twitter and listened to his advisers regarding his behavior, his Presidency could have been viewed as a wild success, even with the COVID problem which wasn't going to be solved anywhere in 2020.

Load Metric
    I beg you folks to refrain from responding to Druff’s Trump eulogy. When one is smitten like that they see their loved one everywhere. It’s like a tweener girl’s first crush.

one time or I’m PM’ing tgull

Back to foreign policy shitshow.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I did not like the decision to assassinate the Iranian general in Iraq mostly because of the retaliation against the American soldiers in Iraq that could have easily been expected. Aside from that my objections to Trump foreign policy are few. And its good to hear Druff finally compliment Trump, albeit indirectly, for his role in getting us out of Afghanistan.
    The Iranian general (who was a major terrorist) assassination was controversial at the time, but I agreed with it. Many claimed it would result in severe retaliation, but Trump counted on Iran being too scared to escalate against a much stronger country. He was correct, as Iran fired rockets into an empty building, just to make it appear they were retaliating, but being careful not to actually escalate. As you can see, we're now almost 2 years removed from it, and nothing further has happened. Trump 100% made the right call there.

In fact, in the weeks following that action, when little happened in response, Trump was at his peak. Economy was great, Iran move appeared to be correct, and Trump was widely expected to be reelected. Even the betting markets reflected that. Then about a week later... COVID. Game over.

Trump didn't have the right personality or leadership style to handle COVID well. His messaging was bad, he wasn't on top of things, and he allowed the Democrats/media to get him on the defensive immediately. That's what beat him. COVID was basically Trump's kryptonite.

However, go back before COVID -- which comprised the first 75% of his Presidency, and I very much approved of most of his policy. If you remove the noise and the tweet bullshit, most of his policy was very sane and well grounded in reason. If he could have just kept off Twitter and listened to his advisers regarding his behavior, his Presidency could have been viewed as a wild success, even with the COVID problem which wasn't going to be solved anywhere in 2020.
    I'm not 100% sure you're correct about the retaliation only going to an empty building. I recall hearing there were some injuries to Americans in the response. Maybe this general was such threat to us that Trump ordering an assassination of an Iranian in Iraq was the right thing to do but I don't know and I will never be convinced of this. This is also the same military that carried out the assassination of the family in Afghanistan we were lead to believe were ISIS. We sure do put a lot of trust in the people we arm to carry out our executions in the name of our defense across the world whenever we see the need. It isn't always the right thing to do but thats what we do.

Load Metric
    You know what I found pretty weird? Days before the US announced the Australian nuclear sub deal it was revealed Australian intelligence worked with the CIA in the Chilean coup of 1973

I mean Australia? I remember scratching my head at the time. I wasn’t really aware we were that tight. So the British and a country of 25 million have our back in the southern Pacific vs Russia, China and maybe now India.

Cool.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    You know what I found pretty weird? Days before the US announced the Australian nuclear sub deal it was revealed Australian intelligence worked with the CIA in the Chilean coup of 1973

I mean Australia? I remember scratching my head at the time. I wasn’t really aware we were that tight. So the British and a country of 25 million have our back in the southern Pacific vs Russia, China and maybe now India.

Cool.
    What about South Korea?

Gold
    Load Metric

Cool.
    ok, wait a minute..I thought we were tight with the Indians too? What the hell did I miss?

Load Metric

Cool.
    India is with us.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Cool.
    India is with us.
    I understood that there was just a recent meeting with Russia & China. I will check tonight.

Load Metric

Cool.
    What about South Korea?
    They can bring the refreshments.

Do they even have a navy?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Sure it’s domestic policy but there is a Mexico element…

Name:  54D13885-CD58-447D-B445-9B5A000AFC94.jpeg
Views: 197
Size:  127.4 KB

Load Metric
    honestly this is my lol biden has so much foreign experience thread i really appreciate you standing up for me sal

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

In before the media spins it as a white dude on the horse instead of the Hispanic he is. #georgezimmerman

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Gotta love that fucked up drone strike. ^^^

Two Al-Qaeda missionaries in white short sleeve shirts and skinny black ties will knock where the front door used to be and ask any surviving teenagers if they have heard the good word.

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnmower man View Post

Which rider is Biden?

Don’t fuck up lol wow’s thread.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnmower man View Post
    Are those “Afghan allies left behind” the same ones all the Republicans said should not be allowed into America?

That’s what I thought.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Banned
    Load Metric

Last edited by lawnmower man; 09-29-2021 at 01:37 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    The last couple days for Mr Biden have been pretty awful, no? He is the weakest president in my lifetime and now a known liar. Good for the generals to not protect his lies with lies of their own. It remains a good thing IMO that we left but why not just have the courage to tell the truth and take responsibility for his decisions? Being lied to over and over by our government is getting pretty old. Was it General Sullivan who took responsibility for killing the innocent family and claiming it was ISIS? He just says its his fault and that he's sorry and that's that?

Thread Information