Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: BUT LIKE JOSEPH BIDEN HAS SO MUCH FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OR SOMETHING

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i am not optimistic about the near term stability of kabul.
    Curious where you are going here. Opium interests like the CIA mercenaries? Dyncorp and all that? Nobody is walking away from heroin.

Everyone talks about the Taliban’s eradication of the poppy biz in 2001 and the explosive production during the subsequent years. All the deals cut by the US to get a little damned cooperation from the locals.

Well, the drug warlords are gonna miss us big time. Is this the instability you allude to?

You look around, there's gonna be some jumpy orphans around here the next few months
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-18-2021 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Proofread? Who? Me?

Load Metric
    Name:  5F781070-2F99-4498-8BFE-9DF6379A82B2.png
Views: 257
Size:  1.67 MB

Comments

Dan Druff: welcome back

Platinum
    Load Metric
    didnt know that near term stability was an option...figured at this point the taliban is going to go door-to-door and find all the non-americans (and maybe even the americans) that aided america in the last 20 years and do some really bad shit to them...they seem to be calculated motherfuckers so dont think they fuck with americans, because they dont want to give us any reason to come back into their territory...but you never know...

i mean that whole "they're friendly" shit has kinda gone out the window since the vast majority of their monetary reserves are held overseas and it's not like we're going to give that to them, so they dont really have any reason to not brutalize whoever helped the occupiers...
    Last edited by GambleBotsChafedPenis; 08-18-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Curious where you are going here. Opium interests like the CIA mercenaries? Dyncorp and all that? Nobody is walking away from heroin.

Everyone talks about the Taliban’s eradication of the poppy biz in 2001 and the explosive production during the subsequent years. All the deals cut by the US to get a little damned cooperation from the locals.

Well, the drug warlords are gonna miss us big time. Is this the instability you allude to?

You look around, there's gonna be some jumpy orphans around here the next few months

akhundzada has his work cut out for him. taliban politics are largely tribal. and you can sell moderates violence, you cant sell extremists moderation.

for a couple of decades every single taliban in kabul has had one singular enemy. wait until akhundzada starts busting heads because someones cousin executed a pharmacist in broad daylight for showing her ankle. by fall, every taliban will have dozens of enemies. then hundreds. something like every 6th or 7th person i saw in a convoy had a dragunov sniper rifle.

start getting your passport in order now and start packing a go bag the first time you hear someone on cnn mention 'afghanistan's civil war'.

by the time you hear about the much prophesied 'bejeweled madman' it will be too late, i expect.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    New poll suggests Trump would WIN the election today because women and black voters regret their choice and 14% would choose another candidate

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...poll-says.html

FUCK YOU!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    New poll suggests Trump would WIN the election today because women and black voters regret their choice and 14% would choose another candidate

FUCK YOU!

No way.

If anybody’s interested I’ll take the field against Trump in 2024.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

FUCK YOU!

No way.

It’s all moot. Trump ain’t going to win the nomination. Biden isn’t going to run again.

Comments

shoeshine box: All Moot. 68% one of the 2 be RIP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

No way.

It’s all moot. Trump ain’t going to win the nomination. Biden isn’t going to run again.

ive been watching trump at his rallys and the dude looks and sounds ready to _fuck up_ anyone who steps on stage with him.

i would not count him out.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

ive been watching trump at his rallys and the dude looks and sounds ready to _fuck up_ anyone who steps on stage with him.

i would not count him out.
    I absolutely agree. But I’ll take the field against Trump. Bet stands whether or not Trump is a party’s nominee.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    my wish is for a law that forces this or anything with the same central idea to be read aloud in the Senate and House of Reps and by the prez on tv whenever talk of nation building or invasion with occupation occurs in DC.

At the root of nation-building is the idea that if the United States applies pressure at the appropriate points just right, then it can transform – or at least radically redirect – the politics of another nation. What’s more, the effort has to be undertaken with large knowledge deficits about the nation in question. The United States cannot afford to maintain thousands of personnel who are intimately familiar with the politics, history, and culture of every single country in which it might become involved in a war – and by the time the war starts, it’s usually too late to train them.

There is an imperial logic underlying this enterprise, one which assumes that the politics and culture of a less-developed nation are blank slates onto which the United States can paint whatever it wishes. U.S. policymakers would consider it risible if told that Russia proposed to invade California and establish a kleptocratic oligarchy that will win the assent of the Californian people, because they know that Californians have their own institutions, customs, and history that they will defend against outside encroachment. But too often policymakers don’t think twice when the United States proposes to export its own institutions somewhere else. This can only be because they see countries like Vietnam and Afghanistan – and their people – as somehow incomplete, lacking in depth and complexity, a simple caricature in need of saving. How else can Americans propose to save somewhere they barely understand?
    The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Load Metric
    relax

2 months from now nobody will give a shit. think you're tired of virus talk, something happening in your neighborhood? all news media but OAN, Fox, newsmax and Bannon will have moved on with the last US flight out. how many conversations about Afghanistan have you had with anybody IRL in the last 15 years?
    The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Load Metric

Comments

Walter Sobchak: This

Load Metric
    the cabal of cannibalistic, pedos is overjoyed with the prospect of a steady stream of sex slaves for a pittance. hell, the aesthetician's bill for excess hair removal is triple what the taliban are selling kids for. check the eyebrows.

Kabul 1972

Name:  Kabul, Afghanistan 1972.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  53.2 KB

Comments

Dan Druff: lol

Load Metric
    I saw this headline this morning:

Name:  A5EBECB3-F040-4888-A737-CA5569DE7694.jpeg
Views: 195
Size:  276.4 KB

Failing to commit to getting all of our Afghan allies out of there is national disgrace, my friends. An utter national disgrace.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Yup
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't worry though, we have a woke general in charge, I'm sure our enemies are shaking in their boots.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I think the whole "stealing election" narrative is a big pile of nothing. That being said, I thought this one was legitimately funny meme:

Name:  29c6c7e519f67ad1.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  76.9 KB

Load Metric
    so why does a trained and equipped army of 300,000 collapse against an army of 75,000?

probably because they weren't being paid...so where did their pay go?

my guess: taken by Afghan govt officials that bugged out with it to Europe
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    so why does a trained and equipped army of 300,000 collapse against an army of 75,000?

pretty much everyone in af including army soldiers have a cousin in the taliban. and when they say 'if you lay down arms and fuck off we wont shoot you', you take it seriously.

like the taliban basically had about 3 years to reach out to commanding officers and their families/friends and convince them that when the US bugs out, they just need to call it a fucking day. troops see this and follow their examples. plus they got the same phone calls.

Load Metric
    i read an interesting post from a military intelligence guy who was talking about how shitty enlistee eyesite is, and how we gave these people tens of thousands of dollars worth of kit but never gave them $5 glasses so they could shoot straight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

I saw a military guy saying that 300k army was like 40k with 260k with their name on a list collecting a check, but didn’t even show for the most basic shit.

:sfrolled

Comments

sonatine: sounds right

Thread Information