Thread: Lawsuit alleges Bob Dylan sexually abused a 12-year-old in 1965

Load Metric

Lawsuit alleges Bob Dylan sexually abused a 12-year-old in 1965

Cliffs:

1) Bob Dillon is accused of abusing a then 12 year old back in 1965
    2) We're just waiting for the other suit to be filed from a then 35 year old on that rainy day. (sorry - couldn't resist, especially since most people are to young to get this reference)

Full story here: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/16/enter...uit/index.html
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 08-17-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Cliffs:

2) We're just waiting for the other suit to be filed from a then 35 year old on that rainy day. (sorry - couldn't resist, especially since most people are to young to get this reference)

He was like 24 or 25 in 1965. Born in May of 1941. I was really disappointed to see this. Hopefully she’s a loon. I’ve seen women claim to be his wife and other assorted things that have been kicked before. Plus he just sold his catalog and lawsuit was filed because some law changes tomorrow that wouldn’t have allowed her to file any longer.

I’d believe if she was 16 or 17 in that era as that was standard, but would be surprised if he was guilty of this. Bob pretty notably likes the curvy types. White, black, whatever. Would be weird for him to drug and groom some 12 year old at a point where outside the Beatles, every little high school girl was in love with him.

I guess we will see.

Load Metric
    Well suddenly this hasn’t aged well:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dylan
    Nobody feels any pain
    Tonight as I stand inside the rain
    Everybody knows that baby's got new clothes
    But lately I see her ribbons and her bows
    Have fallen from her curls

She takes just like a woman
    Yes, she does, she makes love just like a woman
    Yes, she does, and she aches just like a woman
    But she breaks just like a little girl

… Queen Mary, she's my friend
    Yes, I believe I'll go see her again
    Nobody has to guess that baby can't be blessed
    'Til she finally sees that she's like all the rest
    With her fog, her amphetamine, and her pearls

… She takes just like a woman
    Yes, she makes love just like a woman

… It was raining from the first
    And I was dying there of thirst
    So I came in here
    And your long-time curse hurts
    But what's worse is this pain in here
    I can't stay in here
    … Ain't it clear that I just can't fit
    Yes, I believe that it's time for us to quit
    But when we meet again, introduced as friends
    Please don't let on that you knew me when
    I was hungry and it was your world

… Ah, you fake just like a woman
    Yes, you do, you make love just like a woman
    Yes, you do, then you ache just like a woman
    But you break just like a little girl

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Yup

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Cliffs:

He was like 24 or 25 in 1965. Born in May of 1941. I was really disappointed to see this. Hopefully she’s a loon. I’ve seen women claim to be his wife and other assorted things that have been kicked before. Plus he just sold his catalog and lawsuit was filed because some law changes tomorrow that wouldn’t have allowed her to file any longer.

I’d believe if she was 16 or 17 in that era as that was standard, but would be surprised if he was guilty of this. Bob pretty notably likes the curvy types. White, black, whatever. Would be weird for him to drug and groom some 12 year old at a point where outside the Beatles, every little high school girl was in love with him.

I guess we will see.
    Just saw this article wherein one person says it wasn't possible due to his touring schedule at that time.

Article can be found here: https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/08/1...he-wasnt-there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Dylan
    Nobody feels any pain
    Tonight as I stand inside the rain
    Everybody knows that baby's got new clothes
    But lately I see her ribbons and her bows
    Have fallen from her curls

She takes just like a woman
    Yes, she does, she makes love just like a woman

… Queen Mary, she's my friend
    Yes, I believe I'll go see her again
    Nobody has to guess that baby can't be blessed
    'Til she finally sees that she's like all the rest
    With her fog, her amphetamine, and her pearls

… She takes just like a woman
    Yes, she makes love just like a woman

… It was raining from the first
    And I was dying there of thirst
    So I came in here
    And your long-time curse hurts
    But what's worse is this pain in here
    I can't stay in here
    … Ain't it clear that I just can't fit
    Yes, I believe that it's time for us to quit
    But when we meet again, introduced as friends
    Please don't let on that you knew me when
    I was hungry and it was your world

… Ah, you fake just like a woman
    Yes, you do, you make love just like a woman
    Yes, you do, then you ache just like a woman
    But you break just like a little girl
    This was very likely about Edie Sedgwick and the whole Warhol factory scene, of which he wasn’t a big fan. She was in love with him and suicidal. The Factory was amphetamine central. She lived at the Chelsea also. He viewed her as a trust fund brat. Like a Rolling Stone likely is influenced by her also to a degree.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I guess we will see.
    Just saw this article wherein one person says it wasn't possible due to his touring schedule at that time.

Article can be found here: https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/08/1...he-wasnt-there
    I thought this when I read lawsuit yesterday. That UK tour is documented in movies, albums were made of it, and is probably his most famous tour ever, aside from Rolling Thunder Revue. I knew it was in 1965, wasn’t sure of months.

As someone who has attended probably a hundred Dylan concerts, he’s always drawn some really ill fans. As a seat snob, I’m usually close up front and see the weirdos.

Women bringing roses and insisting they be allowed backstage. People claiming to know him and arguing with security. I’ve seen as much weird shit at Dylan shows as I did Grateful Dead shows.

He was more of a cerebral heartthrob, but has had a whole lot of people convinced they were his secret lover or he was reading their mind and strange stalkers.

Load Metric
    You would have to do some pretty big mental tapdancing to think that song is about a little girl.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    You would have to do some pretty big mental tapdancing to think that song is about a little girl.
    I’m not that knowledgeable about Dylan. I know that people were fanatical about him in a way that’s difficult to appreciate today. Kids thought he was communicating truth through the lyrics. He was nearly a cult.

Bill Walton was a huge Dylan guy and has been known to go off for minutes on end during college games. Oregon, right?

Recently I have been following stuff that gets into the poetry of his lyrics. Tangled Up in Blue got me started. Bloody masterpiece

So I’ll be interested in any debate you might have on this.

I really don’t know too much about Warhol either and I should. This could prove to be an interesting story. Popcorn ready

Load Metric
    I was perhaps harsh in saying the mental tapdancing part, obv metaphors can always be misread. I was reacting to the implication that this song has anything to do with fucking 12 year olds.

Load Metric
    Agreed, but in Walt's defense, ~45% of rock songs made between 1965-1987 were about fucking teenagers and then rambling along to another city to fuck more teens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Agreed, but in Walt's defense, ~45% of rock songs made between 1965-1987 were about fucking teenagers and then rambling along to another city to fuck more teens.
    The accusation is about Dylan fucking a pre-teen, and people want to go thru lyrics and cherry-pick some "gotcha" material. Dude's got 500+ songs, you can find questionable shit that can fit any crime you want if that's the standard they wish to use. It's as bullshit with Bob as it is when people do it to rap artists.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

The accusation is about Dylan fucking a pre-teen, and people want to go thru lyrics and cherry-pick some "gotcha" material. It's as bullshit with Bob as it is when people do it to rap artists.
    You gotta admit though when C-Murder was arrested and charged with homicide...that was a tough draw for his lawyers.

Load Metric
    thing is, allegedly this happened at his hotel room at the chelsea.

and im sorry but everyone knew every single fucking thing that happened in each others rooms at the chelsea.

so its not impossible that this happened but its weird that she would just pop up right now, demanding compensation for her abuse, when there is absolutely no one coming forward with any corroborating evidence, even anecdotal evidence, that any of this could have possibly happened.

but yeah im damned sure not saying oh it never happened. i just want someone somewhere to say 'oh yeah i remember after it happened, she mentioned it' or 'i remember her there, like a lot', anything really..

that said, his weird dive into christianity is fucking *sus*...
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

so its not impossible that this happened but its weird that she would just pop up right now
    he did happen to make a few hundred million dollars last year selling his catalog, and her window for filing the lawsuit was ending in 1 day. of all the weird shit about this, the fact its happening right now seems like the part that makes sense.

Load Metric

so its not impossible that this happened but its weird that she would just pop up right now
    he did happen to make a few hundred million dollars last year selling his catalog, and her window for filing the lawsuit was ending in 1 day. of all the weird shit about this, the fact its happening right now seems like the part that makes sense.

Yeah, and he’s been famous from literally 19-80. Pissed off the folk people, lots of scorned wives and other women, yet never any hint of this. Has a dozen kids by multiple women.

And if you had asked me the absolute pinnacle of Dylan’s fame, I would have insta-answered 1965. Toured America ending in Washington State from early in year until 4/20. Started famous tour in UK 4/30. Most famous incident of his career in July of 65 at Newport Folk Festival when he pissed all the folk people by plugging in and playing electric and Like a Rolling Stone. Constantly followed by film crew making Don’t Look Back. Married in late 65. It’s the absolute zenith of his career when he couldn’t walk out the door without crying teenage girls chasing him. The idea of drugging and grooming some Pre-teen girl seems impossible and out of character.

Unless this woman is like his managers daughter or granddaughter, I don’t think he had six minutes alone that year, let alone six weeks. I think he has an amazing capacity to irritate the women in his life, but they all love him still. When he had any time alone that entire year I have no idea?

Most point to the insane fame and crowds and pace of 1965 as the cause of his motorcycle accident and move to Woodstock in 1966.

Comments

sonatine: agreed

Bronze
    Load Metric

Smile

Cliffs:

I nearly spit milk out my nose when I read this! You can find a Dylan reference for nearly anything if you look hard enough!
    What's ironic is that he's catching so much heat for it now, because that's what the song is really about...

Gold
    Load Metric
    I briefly went through a Dylan phase in my 20s. "Tangled up in Blue" was probably my favorite. Another more under the radar song I liked a lot was, "Lay, Lady Lay."

That is all.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Actually, this reminds me of a common Adam Corolla podcast set, where they would comment on how rock musicians back in the day would basically sing songs about committing statutory rape, and no-one ever noticed or minded. This was a Jim Croce song that I remember came up that they talked about, that would probably be WTF now, but at the moment was just par for the course.

Load Metric
    I don’t, I just remembered the lyrics and though it seemed cringe in the new context.

Load Metric
    thing is, allegedly this happened at his hotel room at the chelsea.

and im sorry but everyone knew every single fucking thing that happened in each others rooms at the chelsea.

so its not impossible that this happened but its weird that she would just pop up right now, demanding compensation for her abuse, when there is absolutely no one coming forward with any corroborating evidence, even anecdotal evidence, that any of this could have possibly happened.

but yeah im damned sure not saying oh it never happened. i just want someone somewhere to say 'oh yeah i remember after it happened, she mentioned it' or 'i remember her there, like a lot', anything really..

that said, his weird dive into christianity is fucking *sus*...
    Especially since he’s a Jew.

Thread Information