Thread: The Ted Lasso Thread

Load Metric

The Ted Lasso Thread

Of all the shows I could make a thread about, a feel-good, happy light comedy where everything works out and everyone is either nice or learns to be, that's just not the shit I'd normally be into.

And yet, I love this show. I love everyfuckingthing about this show.

The jokes are well written, the pace is quick enough, there's an abundance of casual swearing which I always like, and it's generally profanity in an English or otherwise foreign accent, which only makes it better. It's overtly nice, and kind, something I'd normally avoid like the plague, and yet, it works so well. In a sense, it's a classic 80's style sitcom in that everything always works out well, there are lessons in being a good person by nature of who Ted Lasso is, but it's also an Apple TV show, so its got a decent budget and a well put-together cast and is as modern as any show out there.

I've read that the reason its so popular has a lot to do with timing, like, here's this nice gem of a show in a world where everything is life or death and combative and mean and you know what the world is like. There's a good bit of corniness and the plots reselve pretty easily and you have a good idea that things are gonna work out before they do, and when they tug the heartstrings, its also obvious and super effective. Whatever it is, I'm all in on this one.

The gist is that Ted Lasso was a college football coach, D2 or D3 I don;t remember, who won a national title by being a folksy coach who gets everyone to buy in and believe in the team and all that. Ep 1, he gets hired by a British Premier League team on the brink of relegation even tho he knows nothing about soccer at all. The catch is, it's a bit of a Major League scenario, except in this case, it's a rich British woman who got the team when her rich, Rupert Murdock/Richard Branson-esque divorced her and the tabloids had all the tales about the young women he was fucking behind her back. So, she gets the team, and hires Ted basically to destroy the team's chances and ruin the only thing her Ex actually loved, the Richmond Football Club. Does Ted win her over? Does he save the team? you get the idea.

Anyway, it's on Apple TV. Free Trial that shit if you haven;t before, and see if you like it. Or pirate it in the pirate places. https://tv.apple.com/us/show/ted-las...7t3c643xqonfzy

Anyone else watch this show?

Load Metric
    100% co-sign.

Typically will avoid sappy, saccharine bullshit TV too.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information