Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to bet me regarding Gavin Newsom being recalled?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This was the best the Democrats could come up with in California, y'all:

https://twitter.com/sfironicle/status/1428571768382398468

Watch both videos.

I didn't think it was possible, but he actually has a more maniacal laugh than Kamala.

Interestingly, powerful California political figure Willie Brown basically made both Newsom and Kamala in the '90s, though at least Newsom didn't have to suck wrinkly old penis in order to get it done. Well, maybe he did... he did end up Mayor of SF, after all.
    Funny joke but he’s way too much of a ladies’ man to be blowing his way to the top. Didn’t he sleep with one of his close political allies’ wives?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

This allegation is simply not believable. One does not threaten people when high on marijuana. You seton the couch like a zombie, watch Scooby Doo and order a Pizza. Her story does not add up.
    That must be why he had his lawyers harass her until she signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Drugs affect different people differently. He’s an aggressive, sexist, abusive piece of shit when not high, so it’s not hard to imagine he is is an aggressive, sexist, abusive piece of shit when high.
    He is? How do you know all of this about Elder? Are you a fan?

Anyways, it is interesting how all these smears against elder are coming out of the woodwork right now. I guess this is indicating the Democrats are worried Newsome will be recalled and Elder is a threat to be governor. Interestingly, I heard one of the leading candidates in current polling is a YouTube star (I have never hear of, I can’t even recall his name) who is running as a Democrat.

I will say the Democratic establishment is spending A LOT of advertising on local TV and radio, trying to link the recall to Trump and the Jan 6 “insurrection”. One of the main founders of Netflix seems to be spending a lot of his personal $$ on anti-recall advertising.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Fwiw I have seen almost no advertising for the recall effort. A couple billboards in the sticks and that is about it. Whatever you think of the recall campaign, it definitely seems to be a low budget, grassroots effort of a bunch of right wingers having people sign petitions outside Walmart’s. And the Trump machine and no big donors seem to be behind it at all.

Load Metric
    46 candidates are running against Newsom in the recall election.

Will Druff vote for Caitlyn Jenner?

Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Comments

dwai: lol

Gold
    Load Metric
    I actually would like to know who Druff is planning on voting for. Larry elder?

Load Metric
    I just mailed in my vote for yes on the recall, and Larry Elder for governor. I think he would do a better job than the governator.

Here's a recent interview he did with Tavis Smiley on KBLA 1580 AM Los Angeles.

https://anchor.fm/tavis-smiley/episo...m8o0/a-a6aeirj

Comments

Walter Sobchak: That’s nuts

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

They didn't include Larry Elder. He's actually the Republican front runner.

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: little subversive pyschology since Elder is likely the new Gov if Newsome is fired by the voters and its not even close..

Load Metric
    Walter was cruising to an easy win on his bet with Druff and then this just dropped....

Former California Democratic majority leader endorses Larry Elder in campaign against Gov. Newsom

"Our public schools need big change. I’m Gloria Romero; I was the majority leader of Democrats in the state senate. I believe in charter schools and and school choice. So does Larry Elder — but not Gavin Newsom. He shut our public schools while he sent his kids to private schools," Romero says in a video released by the Elder campaign.

"Yes: I’m a Democrat. But the recall of Newsom is not about political party. It’s about Newsom. Larry Elder for governor," she adds.

Full article here: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/for...y-elder-recall

Gold
    Load Metric
    I thought this was a pretty good even-handed, non-partisan explanation of the circumstances surrounding the recall effort.

https://ckarchive.com/b/75u7h8hrzvd7

Gold
    Load Metric
    Walter was cruising to an easy win on his bet with Druff and then this just dropped....

Former California Democratic majority leader endorses Larry Elder in campaign against Gov. Newsom

"Our public schools need big change. I’m Gloria Romero; I was the majority leader of Democrats in the state senate. I believe in charter schools and and school choice. So does Larry Elder — but not Gavin Newsom. He shut our public schools while he sent his kids to private schools," Romero says in a video released by the Elder campaign.

"Yes: I’m a Democrat. But the recall of Newsom is not about political party. It’s about Newsom. Larry Elder for governor," she adds.

I dont think that changes a whole lot. The people that watch Fox News were going to vote for the recall anyways. And the non right wing media won't give that endorsement any oxygen at all. You think the LA Times or ABC is going to broadcast that? No fucking way in hell.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Correct. It’s meaningless.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

I dont think that changes a whole lot. The people that watch Fox News were going to vote for the recall anyways. And the non right wing media won't give that endorsement any oxygen at all. You think the LA Times or ABC is going to broadcast that? No fucking way in hell.

Well, in a vacuum I dont think it is meaningless. Charter schools and school choice is a major issue in CA. Middle and lower class people, especially black and latino communities, overwhelmingly support charter schools, as they realize it is one of the few chances for their children to get a good education in a safe environment, which the public school systems in CA don't provide right now.

However the Democratic elites (whose kids all go to private school, so it isn't something that personally affects them) that control the state machinery are in bed with the powerful public teachers unions and are against charter schools. There is some real infighting in the Democratic Party over this, as a minority of Democratic state politicians support charter schools.

However, as it pertains to this election this endorsement is meaningless, because the media will make sure noone who isn't going to vote for the recall anyways will ever see it. If this ad (and similar ads) was actually broadcast by the media I think it could have a massive effect, but it won't be.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Also, I agree that this recall isn't about political party, and it especially isn't about Trump (although the D establishment/media want to portray it that way). It is about the perception (fair or not) that the state Democratic establishment is completely out of touch with the common people and their concerns.

Load Metric
    Bet starting to look like a coin flip at best for Walter.. Latest poll has it a dead heat regarding the recall and Newsome took a major bodyblow today with the former Assembly majority leader a Democrat calling for his ouster and to support Larry Elder..

Load Metric

Well, in a vacuum I dont think it is meaningless. Charter schools and school choice is a major issue in CA. Middle and lower class people, especially black and latino communities, overwhelmingly support charter schools, as they realize it is one of the few chances for their children to get a good education in a safe environment, which the public school systems in CA don't provide right now.

However the Democratic elites (whose kids all go to private school, so it isn't something that personally affects them) that control the state machinery are in bed with the powerful public teachers unions and are against charter schools. There is some real infighting in the Democratic Party over this, as a minority of Democratic state politicians support charter schools.

However, as it pertains to this election this endorsement is meaningless, because the media will make sure noone who isn't going to vote for the recall anyways will ever see it. If this ad (and similar ads) was actually broadcast by the media I think it could have a massive effect, but it won't be.
    Dems are running scared they have to bury any news especially a former major Democrat figure in the state turning on Newsome and supporting the leading replacement.. Its literally a toss up 48-46 in latest polling whether Newsome even survives in a few weeks.. The biggest problem Newsome has is polls show even if he does survive his polticial goose is cooked anyway with a large pct wanting him gone in 2022 anyway... So it could be they decide to fire him anyway knowing Elder would only have roughly a year in office before the next election so any damage would be limited.. Its a good bet whoever replaces Newsome should he be fired is a transitional governor like the old placeholder champ in the WWE used to get the title off one guy but drops it shortly there after to the new guy slated to be the face..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Walter looking good.

Line moved to +900 on Predictit

Load Metric
    Imagine voting to keep newsome that's some slave mentality

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    It really is.

The guy sucks big time, and he also sucked as SF mayor.

He's good looking, and all the libs liked him, so I guess that's enough around here. They just ignore all of the reasons he's terrible, and vote for him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    It really is.

The guy sucks big time, and he also sucked as SF mayor.

He's good looking, and all the libs liked him, so I guess that's enough around here. They just ignore all of the reasons he's terrible, and vote for him.
    They’re in good company.

Load Metric
    Walter looking good.

Line moved to +900 on Predictit

I should bet 250 on that as a hedge.

Comments

Benford: Unsolicited lurker opinion: Hedge for the small cost & don't look back

Thread Information