Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45

Thread: Shopping at Target is tilting

  1. #21
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    1243
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    8,875
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

    Brother it was just a ďlight rubbingĒ

    Come on brother! You are posting about buying turkey meat at Target and then complaining about quality!

    Brother you are a millionaire (you are, arenít you?) you can splurge and at least buy your meats at the local grocery store. You are unemployed I am sure you can find the time

    To be honest brother itís surprising you donít go to a nice Jewish deli that I am sure would have superior quality

    Brother Nicky Pipes does not ďcomplain about qualityĒ does not call customer service and does not write negative reviews
    LOL. Jewish Delis, at least the real ones sit in the five Burroughs of NYC. They do not exist in California. You are entertaining for sure, just not bright. Go back to those Rocky one arm push ups or whatever it is you do.
    This may be your most ignorant post ever which is really impressive. There are great Jewish delis all over, not just in NYC.

    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

  2. #22
    Plumber tgull's Avatar
    Reputation
    176
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,354
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

    LOL. Jewish Delis, at least the real ones sit in the five Burroughs of NYC. They do not exist in California. You are entertaining for sure, just not bright. Go back to those Rocky one arm push ups or whatever it is you do.
    This may be your most ignorant post ever which is really impressive. There are great Jewish delis all over, not just in NYC.
    There are also fake NYC pizza places all over the place as well. Same with fake Philly Cheese steak places. You are just not very bright. Stick to Subway you mope.

  3. #23
    Diamond dwai's Avatar
    Reputation
    1261
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,895
    Load Metric
    18074988
    if you don't like shopping at target have you considered looting like all the stinky unvaccinated blacks do every few weeks?

  4. #24
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    1243
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    8,875
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

    This may be your most ignorant post ever which is really impressive. There are great Jewish delis all over, not just in NYC.
    There are also fake NYC pizza places all over the place as well. Same with fake Philly Cheese steak places. You are just not very bright. Stick to Subway you mope.
    The Carnegie Deli in Vegas (RIP) was the same as in NYC.

    Iíve had good deli in LA, St. Louis, Chicago and elsewhere.

    Stick to being wrong about all your predictions you retarded Craigslist plumber

    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

  5. #25
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    897
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,256
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    To answer to questions/comments here:

    I don't stop shopping there because it has its upsides -- convenient, fairly close to me, and I can get most or all of my shopping done by just going there. It's also cheaper, but that's not the main draw. I like the fact that I can buy both groceries and non-groceries there.

    Since I don't live in a scummy place like Portland, there aren't meth heads hanging out there trying to swipe purses or mug people. So at least I've got that going for me. Maybe Sloppy Soyboy can finally take the hint and move out of his Antifa-run shithole, especially now that he has a kid who will have to grow up there.

    I might have to eventually quit buying perishables there if they can't get their act together. However, it seems that it's the ground turkey which has the main issue, for whatever reason. I'm not seeing signs of improper storage on the other perishables (which also would swell up or taste bad, indicating a problem).

    The purpose of my post was just to complain about stupid shit going on there, including their bureaucratic idiocy, such as not letting me simply walk in there moments after a curbside pickup and swap out an identical item without standing in a long line.
    LOL, you might stop? Brother that's a one and done for like 99% of the population. Guessing that money isn't the issue, just stop buying their fucking ground turkey and being a cunt about it.

    Even if it was a fluke there's no way I would fuck with perishables at a place like Target.

    All of us would rather eat whatever fish Pockles was hauling in out of the shit infested waters of Ensenada than bloated old turkey out of a truck with scented candles from Target.

    No self-respecting man shops there anyways.

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: been roasting Druff pretty hard lately
      
      Muck Ficon: Druff lives to complain. It's pathetic.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  6. #26
    Canadrunk limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1614
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Todd's head
    Posts
    15,910
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Target has some good qualities. Prices are low, and in fact even their grocery section is typically a good deal cheaper than the local supermarket.

    They have a pretty big selection of stuff. Anything I need I can usually find there. It also doesn't have trashy clientele like Walmart, for the most part.

    However, they have so many bizarre policies and are so bureaucratic, it's often super tilting dealing with them.


    First off, the checkout line is tilting. No checker is empowered to fix small problems. If something mis-scans and your ticket is closed, and you realize it before you leave the line, tough luck. Either you eat the loss, or you are sent to customer service which can be a huge line, so obviously it's not worth getting your $3 back or whatever, if the line is 20+ minutes long. Super frustrating either way.

    Next, for whatever reason, the Target by me has a big problem keeping certain foods at the right temperature. There's ground turkey I buy there, and half the time the package is swelled up like a balloon because the dummies at the place aren't storing it at a safe temperature. If the ground turkey gets too warm, it makes the package swell, and it stays swollen even if refrigerated back to proper temperature. Anyway, I was ordering this for curbside pickup before I was vaccinated, and 75% of the time it would come out swollen and I'd have to send it back and wait 15 minutes for them to come out with a non-swollen package.

    Finally I spoke to the store manager, who looked into it. He sent me an apologetic e-mail, stating that their associates were storing the ground turkey improperly upon receiving delivery from the supplier, and he has permanently corrected the issue. He thanked me for bring it to his attention. About two weeks later, guess what? Swollen turkey again. Fail. I didn't even bother going back to the manager.

    Anyway, now that I'm vaccinated, I only do curbside pickup sometimes. Last time the turkey was swollen, and it took the usual 15 minutes to get it swapped out. This time it happened again, and I said, "Instead of taking 15 minutes waiting for you to swap this out, can I just go in the store and do it myself?" The guy said yes.

    So I went in the store, and I was told by customer service that I had to get the two I wanted, and bring both that and the two I was exchanging back there for "processing". Ummm... okay? These are identical items. But whatever, I did it. I get back and there's a line of people there. I say, "Hey, I'm just going to leave these with you, and I'll take the two I want." He said no, it requires processing.

    I stood and stood, and the woman he was dealing with kept coming up with different questions and different issues. This shit was gonna take forever. I had enough.

    "Hey, I'm leaving these two here on the counter, taking the two I exchanged it for, and I'm leaving," I told him.

    "You can't do that, I need all of them to process it," he answered.

    "My other cold stuff is getting warm in the car throughout all this. I'm not waiting any longer. I'm leaving these with you and walking out. I paid for this already and have a right to take it."

    "Sir, you can't do it, if you could just wait for a few more..."

    "No, I'm not waiting any longer. I'm walking out with the items I already paid for, and simply swapped for those that weren't defective. Goodbye."

    I was seriously about to tell him he could call the cops if he didn't like it. However, some other employee overheard, and told the dude this was fine, since it was the identical item, and not to object to me leaving.

    What a clusterfuck this place is. Keep in mind at the supermarket, I can simply walk in, say, "Hey I'm going to exchange this for another one because this one is bad", and they say back, "Okay, no problem", and I don't even have to go back to the cashier.

    Target = JOKE
    Donít shop there then
    unbounded
    Never Forget



  7. #27
    Banned
    Reputation
    216
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,065
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Druff do you buy your steaks at Target as well brother ?

  8. #28
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8215
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,023
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Druff do you buy your steaks at Target as well brother ?
    Brother, no I don't.

    The ground turkey I buy at target isn't from some fail butcher counter there. It's the same ground turkey you'd buy at the supermarket. Other than the temperature storage issue (which is clear from the package being swelled when it happens), it's the identical thing. Since I can exchange the packages when they are swelled (or pick them myself when I'm in the store), I continue to buy it there for convenience.

    Steaks are a different story. I only buy prime steaks. Not only wouldn't Target carry such a thing, but even the local market doesn't. A Ralph's a little further away had prime steaks for awhile, and they were good, but after a few ones which didn't seem to be up to my standards, I quit buying them there as well.

  9. #29
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    84
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    9,228
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Druff do you buy your steaks at Target as well brother ?
    Brother, no I don't.

    The ground turkey I buy at target isn't from some fail butcher counter there. It's the same ground turkey you'd buy at the supermarket. Other than the temperature storage issue (which is clear from the package being swelled when it happens), it's the identical thing. Since I can exchange the packages when they are swelled (or pick them myself when I'm in the store), I continue to buy it there for convenience.

    Steaks are a different story. I only buy prime steaks. Not only wouldn't Target carry such a thing, but even the local market doesn't. A Ralph's a little further away had prime steaks for awhile, and they were good, but after a few ones which didn't seem to be up to my standards, I quit buying them there as well.
    The amazing thing about this story is that you would trust Target employees to properly handle perishable foodstuffs after they massively fucked up doing so not that long ago. Or are you that conceited to think that just because your consumer advocacy on one of Targetís food quality issues actually resulted in them materially improved their actual practices in that matter??? Did it ever occur to you that the reason someone at Target sent you that email was to reduce the likelihood that youíd make a stink about that matter elsewhere, say public health officials? Or contact a lawyer to sue them over the danger their food handling practices pose to the public?
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

  10. #30
    Gold
    Reputation
    227
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,335
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

    Brother it was just a ďlight rubbingĒ

    Come on brother! You are posting about buying turkey meat at Target and then complaining about quality!

    Brother you are a millionaire (you are, arenít you?) you can splurge and at least buy your meats at the local grocery store. You are unemployed I am sure you can find the time

    To be honest brother itís surprising you donít go to a nice Jewish deli that I am sure would have superior quality

    Brother Nicky Pipes does not ďcomplain about qualityĒ does not call customer service and does not write negative reviews
    LOL. Jewish Delis, at least the real ones sit in the five Burroughs of NYC. They do not exist in California. You are entertaining for sure, just not bright. Go back to those Rocky one arm push ups or whatever it is you do.
    There are some, but I doubt anywhere close to where Druff lives. Druff has given enough hints over the years that it is obvious he lives somewhere in the Valley (possibly Ventura county), which is actually very far from the Westside areas that have Jewish delis.

  11. #31
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    1243
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    8,875
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

    LOL. Jewish Delis, at least the real ones sit in the five Burroughs of NYC. They do not exist in California. You are entertaining for sure, just not bright. Go back to those Rocky one arm push ups or whatever it is you do.
    There are some, but I doubt anywhere close to where Druff lives. Druff has given enough hints over the years that it is obvious he lives somewhere in the Valley (possibly Ventura county), which is actually very far from the Westside areas that have Jewish delis.
    Canít speak to that as I donít know LA but LOL at bottomplumber thinking there are no Jewish delis anywhere but New York. What an idiot.

    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

  12. #32
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    84
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    9,228
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Thereís GOTTA be something in this list that could come in handy in the future if something like this happens again.

    31 Useful Products From Target Thatíll Help Solve Your Most Common Annoyances
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/samantharay...olve-your-most
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

  13. #33
    Gold Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    382
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,405
    Load Metric
    18074988
    So, Druff goes to Target and buys Ground Turkey and surprised it's not up to snuff? LMAO.

    First of all, I agree that Target is tilting. I go there to buy items like bottled water (it's $1.21 cheaper than Publix Supermarkets). I buy shaving cream, soap, sun block etc. Anyone who buys meat or produce there gets what they should expect to get -substandard stuff. Go to a meat market or a real Supermarket that will store the stuff properly.

    Also, checking out is a fucking hassle. Several times I have filled my cart and left it at checkout, because the lines were 30 minutes plus to check out. They don't hire enough cashiers. Keeping 2 lines open out of 16 means long wait times and frustrated customers.

  14. #34
    Diamond BCR's Avatar
    Reputation
    1821
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,179
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So, Druff goes to Target and buys Ground Turkey and surprised it's not up to snuff? LMAO.

    First of all, I agree that Target is tilting. I go there to buy items like bottled water (it's $1.21 cheaper than Publix Supermarkets). I buy shaving cream, soap, sun block etc. Anyone who buys meat or produce there gets what they should expect to get -substandard stuff. Go to a meat market or a real Supermarket that will store the stuff properly.

    Also, checking out is a fucking hassle. Several times I have filled my cart and left it at checkout, because the lines were 30 minutes plus to check out. They don't hire enough cashiers. Keeping 2 lines open out of 16 means long wait times and frustrated customers.
    Whenever one of these threads arise, there is always long line talk and it baffles me people still use those?

    Do your chain stores not have self-checkout? I never even think about cashier checkout in those stores. Iíd walk out if self-checkout was unavailable.

    Iím always going to be twice as fast as some old lady who canít lift a case of water or young stoner scanning my shit. Iíll be done with 50 items in 90 seconds and gone.

  15. #35
    Banned
    Reputation
    216
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,065
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Brother Druff do you do the cooking at your house hold ?

  16. #36
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    897
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,256
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Brother Druff do you do the cooking at your house hold ?
    When you require multiple iterations of the same meal per day I imagine that some degree of self sufficiency has to emerge.

    After all you can only go to the mall to complain about your cell phone bill so many times and grabbing Dinner 2 and we are in a pandemic brother.

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: rofl
      
      NickyPipes: Brother take it easy on Druff you are badly disgracing him
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  17. #37
    Gold Cerveza Fria's Avatar
    Reputation
    382
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,405
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    So, Druff goes to Target and buys Ground Turkey and surprised it's not up to snuff? LMAO.

    First of all, I agree that Target is tilting. I go there to buy items like bottled water (it's $1.21 cheaper than Publix Supermarkets). I buy shaving cream, soap, sun block etc. Anyone who buys meat or produce there gets what they should expect to get -substandard stuff. Go to a meat market or a real Supermarket that will store the stuff properly.

    Also, checking out is a fucking hassle. Several times I have filled my cart and left it at checkout, because the lines were 30 minutes plus to check out. They don't hire enough cashiers. Keeping 2 lines open out of 16 means long wait times and frustrated customers.
    Whenever one of these threads arise, there is always long line talk and it baffles me people still use those?

    Do your chain stores not have self-checkout? I never even think about cashier checkout in those stores. Iíd walk out if self-checkout was unavailable.

    Iím always going to be twice as fast as some old lady who canít lift a case of water or young stoner scanning my shit. Iíll be done with 50 items in 90 seconds and gone.

    I don't use self checkout. If the store wants me to be a cashier, they can pay me to do it.

     
    Comments
      
      BCR: Fair enough. Those places are so cheap already, it’s about my own sanity, but I can see it your way.

  18. #38
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    637
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,124
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

    Whenever one of these threads arise, there is always long line talk and it baffles me people still use those?

    Do your chain stores not have self-checkout? I never even think about cashier checkout in those stores. Iíd walk out if self-checkout was unavailable.

    Iím always going to be twice as fast as some old lady who canít lift a case of water or young stoner scanning my shit. Iíll be done with 50 items in 90 seconds and gone.

    I don't use self checkout. If the store wants me to be a cashier, they can pay me to do it.
    I get that also, at the same time i'd rather avoid the ultra-talkative lady cashier also. That seems to be ~66% of them.

    Last year during lockdown, the line at Target was longer for self, so went to cashier, halfway thru she is yapping on about her cats (because i was buying cat food) and then starts showing me pictures of her cat on her phone. DONT CARE

  19. #39
    PFA Emeritus Crowe Diddly's Avatar
    Reputation
    1947
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,651
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Brother, no I don't.

    The ground turkey I buy at target isn't from some fail butcher counter there. It's the same ground turkey you'd buy at the supermarket.
    Perhaps you are buying the wrong product in general.

    A good grocery store will have in-house ground turkey, same as ground beef and any other cut of meat. It will be more recently ground, therefore fresher, and will give you an extra day or 2 in your own fridge rather than in a truck going cross country for a day or 2. Don't buy that prepackaged stuff anywhere, if you don't have to. Pay the extra for the fresher stuff, same as not buying prepacked deli meat from Oscar Meyer or whatever rather than from a store's deli counter.

    I won't even get any ground meat from Trader Joe's, and I'd get pretty much everything else at Trader Joe's.

    In general, I'd say don't buy any food products at a target or Walmart if you don't have to. The few bucks you might save aren't worth it in the long run.

  20. #40
    Banned
    Reputation
    216
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    1,065
    Load Metric
    18074988
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Brother Druff do you do the cooking at your house hold ?
    When you require multiple iterations of the same meal per day I imagine that some degree of self sufficiency has to emerge.

    After all you can only go to the mall to complain about your cell phone bill so many times and grabbing Dinner 2 and we are in a pandemic brother.
    Brother what do you mean? Druff eats the same meal 3 times a day? Ground turkey?

    Brother the comment about the mall is very funny, the dingoes got a kick outta that one

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. One of the most tilting billing fails
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-16-2018, 03:56 PM
  2. Tyde: tilting real hard up in this bitch
    By CrackPipes and Kakfights in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-27-2017, 08:20 AM
  3. Who Will Pay for San Francisco's $750 Million Tilting Tower?
    By NaturalBornHustler in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 05:16 PM
  4. Tilting things that websites do which drive you crazy
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-31-2016, 10:22 PM
  5. TILTING LIVE ON CAM IN PFA HAT
    By DJ_Chaps in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2016, 10:46 AM

Tags for this Thread