Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shopping at Target is tilting

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

When you require multiple iterations of the same meal per day I imagine that some degree of self sufficiency has to emerge.

After all you can only go to the mall to complain about your cell phone bill so many times and grabbing Dinner 2 and we are in a pandemic brother.
    Brother what do you mean? Druff eats the same meal 3 times a day? Ground turkey?

Brother the comment about the mall is very funny, the dingoes got a kick outta that one
    Brother what I mean is Druff enjoys multiple meals: sometimes one dinner right after the other, sometimes all at once.

I have no idea if Brother Druff cooks, but consumption to that degree must require some level of know how. I imagine he can at least slap together a bloated turkey patty and fire up the grill while enjoying an ice cold 2 liter of Pepsi and/or carton of orange juice.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Whenever one of these threads arise, there is always long line talk and it baffles me people still use those?

Do your chain stores not have self-checkout? I never even think about cashier checkout in those stores. I’d walk out if self-checkout was unavailable.

I’m always going to be twice as fast as some old lady who can’t lift a case of water or young stoner scanning my shit. I’ll be done with 50 items in 90 seconds and gone.

I don't use self checkout. If the store wants me to be a cashier, they can pay me to do it.
    My problem with self checkout is that the machine doesn't work the same way it does for the checker.

How many times have you heard the frustrating, "Please move the item into the bagging area" message, which freezes up the entire system until you move the item exactly where the machine wants it?

I hate those machines with a passion.

With that said, if I have a very small order (6 items or fewer), or if there's a very long line to check out, I'll use the self checkout.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Brother, no I don't.

The ground turkey I buy at target isn't from some fail butcher counter there. It's the same ground turkey you'd buy at the supermarket.
    Perhaps you are buying the wrong product in general.

A good grocery store will have in-house ground turkey, same as ground beef and any other cut of meat. It will be more recently ground, therefore fresher, and will give you an extra day or 2 in your own fridge rather than in a truck going cross country for a day or 2. Don't buy that prepackaged stuff anywhere, if you don't have to. Pay the extra for the fresher stuff, same as not buying prepacked deli meat from Oscar Meyer or whatever rather than from a store's deli counter.

I won't even get any ground meat from Trader Joe's, and I'd get pretty much everything else at Trader Joe's.

In general, I'd say don't buy any food products at a target or Walmart if you don't have to. The few bucks you might save aren't worth it in the long run.
    I wouldn't get prepackaged ground meat to eat directly, such as for burgers. I agree that it's usually crap, and that buying the in-house version at the supermarket meat counter is far superior.

However, this particular ground turkey is being purchased as an ingredient for chili, and thus is not as important regarding quality. However, obviously I don't want food poisoning, either. Fortunately the swollen package is a pretty reliable indicator that they fucked up with temperature control, so that's why I'm not worried about trusting Target's handling of it. I'm just annoyed by their inability to fix the problem, and by their bureaucratic handling of even exchanges.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Ground turkey sucks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Perhaps you are buying the wrong product in general.

A good grocery store will have in-house ground turkey, same as ground beef and any other cut of meat. It will be more recently ground, therefore fresher, and will give you an extra day or 2 in your own fridge rather than in a truck going cross country for a day or 2. Don't buy that prepackaged stuff anywhere, if you don't have to. Pay the extra for the fresher stuff, same as not buying prepacked deli meat from Oscar Meyer or whatever rather than from a store's deli counter.

I won't even get any ground meat from Trader Joe's, and I'd get pretty much everything else at Trader Joe's.

In general, I'd say don't buy any food products at a target or Walmart if you don't have to. The few bucks you might save aren't worth it in the long run.
    I wouldn't get prepackaged ground meat to eat directly, such as for burgers. I agree that it's usually crap, and that buying the in-house version at the supermarket meat counter is far superior.

However, this particular ground turkey is being purchased as an ingredient for chili, and thus is not as important regarding quality. However, obviously I don't want food poisoning, either. Fortunately the swollen package is a pretty reliable indicator that they fucked up with temperature control, so that's why I'm not worried about trusting Target's handling of it. I'm just annoyed by their inability to fix the problem, and by their bureaucratic handling of even exchanges.
    But it's happened multiple times, suggesting they do indeed have a problem with the handling of it. Have managers inquired as to why you keep going for it?

Why would the quality matter less if you're making chili?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information