Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Generous Nick Pipes August Freeroll Challenge

Gold
    Load Metric

Generous Nick Pipes August Freeroll Challenge

Generous Nicky Pipes is back again to selfless offer the community a $1,000 Freeroll

Once again there will be a qualifying event

By August 7th Dan Druff must post video of himself completing one of the following:

1) 100 Meter run in 14 seconds or less

2) Mile Run in 7 Minutes or less

Feats of physical strength did not interest Druff even with a $1,000 price tag.

We have all heard Druff go on and on about how he ran track in high school and is “faster than you think”

Here is a great chance to prove it! Let me know where I should send the money I will have my team of Filipinos monitor this thread for your confirmation.

Comments

zealanddonk: Pearls before swine rep

Load Metric
    It’s all downhill from here, Druff.

If you are a 10 minute miler you can save about 2:30 downhill. We have a sweat if your knees are good.

Comments

NickyPipes: LOL

Cerveza Fria: Yes, but running down hill also runs the risk of him busting ass if he's out of balance.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    It’s all downhill from here, Druff.

If you are a 10 minute miler you can save about 2:30 downhill. We have a sweat if your knees are good.
    Brother the video of Dan Druff running down hill for 1 mile will be worth $1,000

Load Metric
    if I had to deduce how in or out of shape Druff really is...

I don't think i'd peg him as an actually completely unaware out of shape and does not care about themself type. Also don't think he smokes cigarettes and never has, so he'd actually be a Live bet here I would spose haha... Druff don't smoke likely never has, is aware of the consequences of legit terrible bad weight issues, so id actually be thinking if he was put at a huge underdawg to win this bet, he would be a Live dawg imo, easy

Druff could and would probably husle this if he actually cared too, because id bet he isnt in that bad of shape at all and for his age, and non-smoker....

Comments

Cerveza Fria: And if he ran it in winter time in cooler weather

Gold
    Load Metric
    It’s not a bet brother.

Comments

garrett: I know but I was saying id bet he wouldnt look bad doing it either

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    if I had to deduce how in or out of shape Druff really is...

I don't think i'd peg him
    what if he was into it?

Comments

Pablo:

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Generous Nicky Pipes is back again to selfless offer the community a $1,000 Freeroll

Once again there will be a qualifying event

By August 7th Dan Druff must post video of himself completing one of the following:

1) 100 Meter run in 14 seconds or less

2) Mile Run in 7 Minutes or less

Feats of physical strength did not interest Druff even with a $1,000 price tag.

We have all heard Druff go on and on about how he ran track in high school and is “faster than you think”

Here is a great chance to prove it! Let me know where I should send the money I will have my team of Filipinos monitor this thread for your confirmation.

#2 is a lock Todd...grab the $$

Load Metric
    Brother I know that a sub 7:00 mile isn't happening.

Saw some Jamaicans running like 10.6 and don't think brother Druff can sniff 14 sec despite his history of 'being fast'.

The mile is possible brother but he just got back from a vacation and has complaints to process.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    7-9 Minute miles especially in the first couple is ok, sub 10 should be doable

When you get into the 6 minute mile range, you're talking excellent shape/young Athletic type of person

8 minute miles is tough even if not in meh shape also alone actually

Load Metric
    As transparent as these threads are, I must say they are still pretty humorous. Max effect if line was set at 16 seconds and 8 minute mile though cause he still ain’t sniffing either one.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Looking at 100m, which might interest him once being fast, you have to look at age adjusted. Very few 50 year old men can run a 100m in sub 14 seconds. I’m in gym shape, but I couldn’t. I was fast for a white HS LB fast, not RB fast. I assume druff at his fastest was in between those two metrics.

My old girlfriend had a 10 and 11 year old last time I raced them, and the last time we raced I came in and told her they’d both get me by the next year. Thankfully Covid happened for my ego and 18 months later when I see them they don’t want me rushed to the ER trying to beat them and tearing a quad and haven’t put the beat down on me, but it would be a beat down. Not a doubt.

Searles has the right numbers if you want a real challenge that is doable

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I think he has a better chance with the 100. At Druff’s age and weight/height and given that he doesn’t run regularly his knees will give out before he reaches the finish line in the mile.

Just put someone stealing his luggage 100m in front of him and we got a shot boys.
    #ToddsPlan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    I think he has a better chance with the 100. At Druff’s age and weight/height and given that he doesn’t run regularly his knees will give out before he reaches the finish line in the mile.

Just put someone stealing his luggage 100m in front of him and we got a shot boys.
    When I looked at age adjusted, it would put him in like 10th percentile. When he said he was fast, I assumed he meant in that sneaky Gabe Kaplan Jewish way when he dusted all the other celebrities. Not in the I blew past the kids from Compton and Inglewood way, which is top 10th percentile,

Load Metric
    While Brother Nick may be setting the bar too high, I think realistic targets would be the following:

4 pull ups, no breaks
    9 push ups, no breaks
    8:50 mile
    16.8 sec 100 m (self-reported speed prowess considered)

Comments

shoeshine box: The Mile run Druff's best shot.

NickyPipes: Lol 9 push ups
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    While Brother Nick may be setting the bar too high, I think realistic targets would be the following:

4 pull ups, no breaks
    9 push ups, no breaks

Only 9 pushups? Nah, he needs to do at least 20. The other numbers seem fair. Question...Is drafting allowed for the mile and can he use a pacer?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

4 pull ups, no breaks
    9 push ups, no breaks

Only 9 pushups? Nah, he needs to do at least 20. The other numbers seem fair. Question...Is drafting allowed for the mile and can he use a pacer?
    I would never make suggestions for Brother Nick, that's money coming straight out of the dingo food budget.

Just my guesses at what druff can actually do.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I might attempt to see what kind of speed I still have, regarding the 100m. I haven't tried to time myself sprinting in a long time. The fact that I'm near 50 and 225 pounds probably won't make this easy, but I'll see what numbers I pull. Without having even tried yet, I'm convinced I'm still way faster than the average guy my age, but that's not saying a lot.

The 7 minute mile I don't want to attempt to train for until it gets a little cooler. August/Sept are the hottest two months in LA. But as has already been asked, is it acceptable to do this downhill?

I also would need to have this money escrowed beforehand. Either I can hold it, or I can have it held by a trusted third party.

A bit of history: I was never a sprinter in high school (or ever), but noticed in my adult years that I could still run fast, even long after I was last an active runner. I did cross country and distance track. Regarding a mile, I think my best time was 5:27. In junior high, before joining the track team and running actively, I was not running 7 minute miles yet. I was getting something like 7.5 minutes in PE. I also did a 10k (6.2 miles) in about 41 minutes. This 10k was also up and down some steep hills, so presumably I could have done sub-40 on a flat course (but I never tried). However, we are talking 33 years and 100 pounds ago. (I also grew about 4-5 inches, so height-adjusted, I guess it's more like 75 pounds.)

I'm still up for racing jsearles, by the way, despite our 10 year age difference.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Lol at being 5'10" 125lbs in high school !

NickyPipes: Brother good luck

Gold
    Load Metric

4 pull ups, no breaks
    9 push ups, no breaks

Brothers, again we aren’t “writing a rule book”

Everybody knows what is fair.

Nicky Pipes does handshake deals, he doesn’t have some lawyer write out a 10 page contract.

Gold
    Load Metric

I would never make suggestions for Brother Nick, that's money coming straight out of the dingo food budget.

Just my guesses at what druff can actually do.
    Brother thank you for showing respect for the Dingos food budget. It’s at least $75k annually

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I might attempt to see what kind of speed I still have, regarding the 100m. I haven't tried to time myself sprinting in a long time. The fact that I'm near 50 and 225 pounds probably won't make this easy, but I'll see what numbers I pull. Without having even tried yet, I'm convinced I'm still way faster than the average guy my age, but that's not saying a lot.

The 7 minute mile I don't want to attempt to train for until it gets a little cooler. August/Sept are the hottest two months in LA. But as has already been asked, is it acceptable to do this downhill?

I also would need to have this money escrowed beforehand. Either I can hold it, or I can have it held by a trusted third party.

A bit of history: I was never a sprinter in high school (or ever), but noticed in my adult years that I could still run fast, even long after I was last an active runner. I did cross country and distance track. Regarding a mile, I think my best time was 5:27. In junior high, before joining the track team and running actively, I was not running 7 minute miles yet. I was getting something like 7.5 minutes in PE. I also did a 10k (6.2 miles) in about 41 minutes. This 10k was also up and down some steep hills, so presumably I could have done sub-40 on a flat course (but I never tried). However, we are talking 33 years and 100 pounds ago. (I also grew about 4-5 inches, so height-adjusted, I guess it's more like 75 pounds.)

I'm still up for racing jsearles, by the way, despite our 10 year age difference.
    Brother, there is no training the deadline is August 7th.

Brother, we are not writing a rule book but everybody understands the running will be done on a track. Fair and equal way to measure everything, Pipes ain’t coming out there with his ruler to measure some steep hill in your neighborhood ok pal?

Brother if you complete the 100 meters in 14.0 seconds or less post the video we will all be impressed.

Brother I will host the race at the First Annual Nicky Pipes NFL Opening Weekend Party I will host for the forum members this fall at Duffys on Clematis. I wanted to keep the plan “under wraps” for a bit but this will be the perfect time for “The Big Race”

Thread Information