View Poll Results: Which of these hotel fails/oddities occurred on my recent Colorado road trip?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toilet bubbled up randomly for entire stay like a small Yellowstone geyser

2 8.33%
  • Asked for quiet room, awakened at 7am by bizarre dinosaur exhibit out window

4 16.67%
  • Asked for side "away from road", given direct view of pet food processing plant

5 20.83%
  • Booked "best" suite in hotel, but it shared a common wall with the elevator

3 12.50%
  • Faulty rooftop exhaust fan caused our room to vibrate with low-pitch buzz all night M

4 16.67%
  • Malfunctioning building fire alarm rang 5 times between 1am and 8am, manager refused bill adjustment

3 12.50%
  • Hotel with 500+ rooms had no restaurants open except buffet and overpriced steakhouse open 4-8pm

5 20.83%
  • Hotel which appeared to be mountaniside resort turned out to be weird college dorm like campus

4 16.67%
  • Charming log cabin turned out to be a motorhome with maintenance issues

2 8.33%
  • All of these occurred

18 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back from 16-day road trip from Colorado -- which hotel fails listed above occurred?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Back from 16-day road trip from Colorado -- which hotel fails listed above occurred?

I stayed in the following areas (all Colorado):

Denver (to see Dodgers/Rockies game)
    Colorado Springs
    Canon City
    Black Hawk
    Estes Park (Rocky Mountain National Park)
    Aspen
    Durango

Additionally, I stayed in northwest Arizona (Grand Canyon north rim area) and Vegas, before returning home. I flew to Denver initially and rented a car, then drove home.

Look at the poll posted above. Vote for which hotel fails/oddities you think occurred. If you think they all happened, simply vote, "All of these occurred". You can vote for multiple entries.

I'll give you guys the answer in a few days.

Inaugural Spring Classic Champion HoodedN's Avatar
    Load Metric
    When’s radio?
    #ToddsPlan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodedN View Post
    When’s radio?
    In a few days.

Comments

HoodedN:

Load Metric
    In addition to the poll I’d like to know how many times the fail was blamed on Covid.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    In addition to the poll I’d like to know how many times the fail was blamed on Covid.
    If he tried to blame it on that in half the cities he stayed at they would laugh him out of town.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    There is a dog food processing plant in a small town about an hour away from me.
    The smell is terrible. I don't know how anyone can live there.

Load Metric
    gonna need a "I went on a two week vacation and all I got was covid" shirt

Load Metric
    Druff have you ever been on vacation and

1. Literally no issues at all

2. Minor issue(s) but you didn't complain at all

3. Didn't receive a discount or perk

Comments

Pablo: No No and No

dwai: lol

gimmick:

incognito81: what a miserable existence it must be

Muck Ficon: :this

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Load Metric

rhetorical question obviously but

I admire his tenacity when it comes to not being taken advantage of and getting what's rightfully yours, but when you're constantly looking for things to complain about I think you're taking it too far

Load Metric
    Lol returning from a vacation and immediately creating a thread about grievances, real and imagined.

Living with such a mentality has to be exhausting.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Went on a weeklong trip to Branson, only complaint was one of the beds was on the patio which had no AC....how my kid slept in there I’ll never know....it was hot as hell.

I didn’t ask for a discount.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    If he tried to blame it on that in half the cities he stayed at they would laugh him out of town.
    No I mean the people doing the failing, not Druff

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Short vacations, yes.

Long vacations it's almost impossible to run that well, since I hotel hop very quickly, and I also put a lot of work into making sure I get the exact room type and location I want. I don't have super high standards for hotel quality (mid-grade hotel is fine for me), but I do have high standards for where in the hotel I'm placed. I don't want to be by the elevator, facing a busy street, etc.

Anyway between potential maintenance issues and fails in keeping the room location promise, it's almost impossible to go through several hotels with zero problems.

Interestingly, I almost did it in 2015. I had a 2-week road trip similar to this one, where we drove from LA to Olympic National Park (northern Washington), back to Seattle, and flew home. We were almost all the way through the trip, and all of the hotels were either problem-free or had very minor problems, and I didn't complain once. I remarked to my girlfriend that I was shocked we were about to complete such a long trip with zero fail.

Then the second-to-last hotel had a non-working toilet, and they couldn't get the maintenance man over there until the next day. When I asked for a bill adjustment, the manager snapped back, "You had a toilet you could use in the halway bathroom, so I don't see what the big deal is."

So close.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, my trip to Maine and eastern Canada in summer 2019 also had relatively little hotel fail. Unfortunately, we had a major rental car fail that year , where it wouldn't get into gear in a small town in Maine, and it was super difficult to reach someone at the rental company who was willing to take action and swap out the car. Kept getting the Philippines who was useless, and everyone kept passing the buck back and forth. Resovled it after about 6 hours, but the day was ruined, and it was incredibly stressful. But again, that was 2 years ago. That didn't happen this time, thankfully.

This trip had more hotel fail than I've ever had on a single trip. Just ran bad, I guess.

When I give the answer to the voting question, I'll explain the real ones, and tell you whether or not I complained, and what the result was. I didn't complain about all of them, btw.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, I created this poll for forum amusement, since I felt it would be more entertaining. I knew there would be some trolls sniffing my butthairs giving me a hard time for a thread like this, but that's par for the course. Maybe Sloppy Soyboy can take a deep breath and wait for the actual trip report about the various places I went, some of which were very scenic/interesting.

Weather in Colorado is pretty tough. Pretty much every day saw heavy thunderstorms in the afternoon, with a real lightning danger, so that pretty much shut everything down every time it occurred. I'm willing to get drenched, but not electrocuted. Fortunately one of the few afternoons/evenings without rain was the day of the Rockies/Dodgers game I attended. It was kinda hot and humid that night, but no rain. However, the Dodgers game I attended in LA in June was also unusually hot and humid, so it felt pretty much the same. Enjoyed the experience though, especially because the Dodgers won.

More later.

Load Metric
    Why was my response deleted?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Druff sorry to see the forum trolls have got to you. Trolling is never appreciated.

It sounds like you had a nice trip. I am sure it was very beautiful. I have not spent much time in that area in the summer. Only been to Colorado one time in the summer and spent most of that in Denver

I think the fellas are giving you a hard time because we all travel and run into a few issues here and there. You put on a “show” about it. It’s all part of the act and I appreciate it, I know you do to but you can’t get upset when people joke a bit about it!

The obsession with room location for instance is a strange quirk. Every guest wants the same things you want a restful night sleep. In most groups of men, the will give you a hard time about going on and on about it.

Nick Pipes arrives at a hotel and takes the room he is given at check in.

It just turns out that just so happens to always be the Presidential Suite.

You should post some pictures. It’s a romantic area hopefully you found some time alone with Miss Druff?

Gold
    Load Metric
    One of the listed grievances is an issue I have noticed

Hotels are keeping bars and restaurants closed or limited hours, even at nice spots in premier areas of cities like Miami and NY

Load Metric
    I had to lol at "lightning danger".

Unless you were on a golf course, lightning posed about 100x less peril to you than covid, or even the everyday smog you breath in LA area.

Thread Information