Thread: Evander Kane - Gambling problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

Evander Kane - Gambling problems

I'm sure we have discussed this somewhere (wagering thread?) but this just went up a huge level.

The NHL said it will investigate an allegation made by Evander Kane's wife that the San Jose Sharks forward bet on his own games and has intentionally tried to lose for gambling profit.
    Anna Kane wrote: "How does the NHL let a compulsive gambling addict still play when he's obviously throwing games to win money? Hmm maybe someone needs to address this."
    In a separate post, Anna Kane accused her husband of spending lavishly partying in Europe while asking her to sell her wedding ring to survive and wrote about not being able to afford baby formula for their child.

I actually thought he was making his way through bankruptcy, going to pay some debts and rebound. He had 49 pts in 56 games this past year.

If this proves true, he's going to be divorced, without a job and flat broke despite earning 56 million to this point (and also would be leaving 28 million more on the table).

I don't see this being a 1-2 yr suspension, they will want to make an example of him.

Load Metric
    And since Kane likes gambling.....

-300 divorce coming
    -550 he was cheating on her in europe

Have to wonder if he was betting anywhere online with digital trails?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    And since Kane likes gambling.....

-300 divorce coming
    -550 he was cheating on her in europe

Have to wonder if he was betting anywhere online with digital trails?
    I saw something where like $1.5m was recent gambling debt, like last few months. There's for sure a trail one way or teh other.

Load Metric
    Skateless Evander Kane.

Related...so basically Toews is the one who got assraped by the Blackhawks doctor then right? Seems like too big of a coincidence for that not to be the case.

Load Metric
    Yeah, we’ve talked about this before. My observation at the time was that when you saw him on the ice it was incomprehensible to think of the enormous wealth he has frittered away. He seemed totally unaffected. He played at a very high level especially considering his age. Loved a good fight too. You would see no indication he was depressed or whatever as any normal person would be.

Never dawned on me to consider game fixing as an angle. At the time he was due for another huge signing.

Honestly, he played hard and if I was opposite the Sharks with a bet he scared me. I never saw any indication of him dogging it.

For now I’m going to write this off as a bitter wife who ain’t too bright. He loses his gig and she loses alimony.

Can’t wait to wade into the story.

Comments

Salty_Aus: Hell hath no fury

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Yeah, we’ve talked about this before. My observation at the time was that when you saw him on the ice it was incomprehensible to think of the enormous wealth he has frittered away. He seemed totally unaffected. He played at a very high level especially considering his age. Loved a good fight too. You would see no indication he was depressed or whatever as any normal person would be.

Never dawned on me to consider game fixing as an angle. At the time he was due for another huge signing.

Honestly, he played hard and if I was opposite the Sharks with a bet he scared me. I never saw any indication of him dogging it.

For now I’m going to write this off as a bitter wife who ain’t too bright. He loses his gig and she loses alimony.

He was no starting pitcher in baseball. He could score a point a game and know his team behind him sucked ass.

Good way to middle it there, in the long game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Maybe needing to fund the gambling debt/habit was a good motivator.

A fisherman sees another fisherman from afar
    BALLIN'!!

Thread Information