Thread: What Are Your Big Fantasy Football Questions?

Load Metric

What Are Your Big Fantasy Football Questions?

By now everyone should have all of their drafts done. I found myself today drafting basically the entire Pats offense in our first league. That will either work out really well, or really poorly for me. I am in 4 leagues this year and had targeted certain players, one of which was Cam Newton. Unfortunately I was not able to land him in any of my leagues. My big questions are these...

1) Will Trent Richardson live up to the hype? I have him in 3/4 leagues. If he doesn't I am pretty much fucked. I HATE drafting rookies early, but his upside was too much to pass up considering what other backs were available.

2) Will Gronkowski repeat the performance from last season? Again, I have him in 3/4 leagues. Big hopes for the Gronkster.

3) Will Drew Brees continue to be the major stud we are used to seeing? Losing Payton worries me a lot.

4) Will Ryan Mathews finally go through a season without missing a large portion of the games and finally live up to his potential? I drafted him as a rookie. HUGE BUST!

5) Will Mike Wallace play as well as he did last year? He is in a major contract dispute, and also has some legit competition for the #1 spot on the team. Considering how bad Pitts run game is looking ATM, I think he is a safe bet, but the contract dispute thing worries me. Memories of Desean Jackson last season come to mind.

6) Will Stevan Ridley become a legit back in the Pats offense? This could help me out in a big way in our first league. Doubtful though. I see 700 yards and 5 TD's most likely. Gotta find good spots for him.

7) Will Baltimore's D continue to dominate? They are getting pretty fucking old. Luckily I have 2 decent D's aside from them.

8) How good will Andrew Luck be? Can you say "trade bait"?

9) Will Peyton Manning return to form? I got him in the 7th round, so huge value there. But a lot hangs in the balance. If he goes down or is mediocre, big trouble in little China. Andrew Luck is his backup for me. Yikes!

Load Metric
    Was it dumb to draft both Cam Newton and RG3?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Was it dumb to draft both Cam Newton and RG3?
    I don't think so at all. Good back up if you ask me.

Gold
    Load Metric
    first year ever being in a fantasy league...

got Romo and Eli as my QBs...giants vs cowboys week 1...who's my starter?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    By now everyone should have all of their drafts done. I found myself today drafting basically the entire Pats offense in our first league. That will either work out really well, or really poorly for me. I am in 4 leagues this year and had targeted certain players, one of which was Cam Newton. Unfortunately I was not able to land him in any of my leagues. My big questions are these...

1) Will Trent Richardson live up to the hype? I have him in 3/4 leagues. If he doesn't I am pretty much fucked. I HATE drafting rookies early, but his upside was too much to pass up considering what other backs were available.

2) Will Gronkowski repeat the performance from last season? Again, I have him in 3/4 leagues. Big hopes for the Gronkster.

3) Will Drew Brees continue to be the major stud we are used to seeing? Losing Payton worries me a lot.

4) Will Ryan Mathews finally go through a season without missing a large portion of the games and finally live up to his potential? I drafted him as a rookie. HUGE BUST!

5) Will Mike Wallace play as well as he did last year? He is in a major contract dispute, and also has some legit competition for the #1 spot on the team. Considering how bad Pitts run game is looking ATM, I think he is a safe bet, but the contract dispute thing worries me. Memories of Desean Jackson last season come to mind.

6) Will Stevan Ridley become a legit back in the Pats offense? This could help me out in a big way in our first league. Doubtful though. I see 700 yards and 5 TD's most likely. Gotta find good spots for him.

7) Will Baltimore's D continue to dominate? They are getting pretty fucking old. Luckily I have 2 decent D's aside from them.

9) Will Peyton Manning return to form? I got him in the 7th round, so huge value there. But a lot hangs in the balance. If he goes down or is mediocre, big trouble in little China. Andrew Luck is his backup for me. Yikes!
    1)if Trent is healthy he will be a top 15 RB with top 10 upside. Cleveland isn't very good but there have been countless fantasy stud rb's in bad offenses.

2)don't see him matching last year but he'll still be a beast, just not the insane amount of td's.

3)I'm also worried about brees, he'll still be solid but I wouldn't draft him at his current IDP.

4)Mathews wasn't a bust last year, he was a top 10 FF RB even missing a couple games. He is scary but when he's playing there aren't many better FF rbs.

5)wouldn't touch wallace at his current adp. Holdout plus once Antonio brown emerged last year Wallace's numbers fell off.

6)love Ridley where he's going. Will be the 1st/2nd down RB and get goal line carries. 900-1,000/8-10 td's is likely

7)Good defenses can be picked off the WW after a couple weeks, I don't even draft a defense in the initial draft.

8)Luck is a phenom. Great backup to have, especially in keeper leagues.

9)we haven't seen manning throw deep this preseason. Either he's holding back or his arm is a lot weaker. Good bet in the 7th/8th but wouldn't want to count on him without a solid backup in case he's just average.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    first year ever being in a fantasy league...

got Romo and Eli as my QBs...giants vs cowboys week 1...who's my starter?
    Flip a coin. I'd probably go Eli, but it's pretty close.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

I have Ryan Mathews in 2/2 leagues so far. I took him way early in our league. I needed an RB, and my choices were Mathews, DeMarco Murray, Marshawn Lynch, or MJD. I found a reason to hate all of the other 3 guys. In hindsight, I kind of wish I would have taken Lynch. But his back problems could easily linger all year. I think that Mathews' neck will be fine in a couple weeks. At least I got Fred Jackson in the 4th round as a solid #2.

I was going to take Peyton as a backup one pick after you got him.

Baltimore's D is still good, but they're not the wrecking crew they used to be. The Packers D gets really highly rated because they get a lot of INTs and pick 6s. But they also give up a ton of points.

Thread Information