Thread: What not to do in a bear attack?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

What not to do in a bear attack?

(CNN)If you're being confronted by a bear, there's a few things you should know before running away.

As people across the country visiting parks and taking trips to the mountains find themselves in terrifying encounters with bears, the National Park Service (NPS) has offered a few tips on what to do if you're face-to-face with the furry beasts.
    The first tip? "Please don't run from bears or push your slower friends down in attempts of saving yourself," the NPS joked in a Facebook post Wednesday.⁣⁣
    The best thing to do to safely remove yourself from a bear confrontation is move away slowly and sideways so you can keep an eye on the bear without tripping. Bears are not threatened when you move sideways, but like dogs, they will chase fleeing animals.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________

This all depends on the friend. How much of a friend do you have? Sorry but I’m leaving fatty in the dust and plugging my ears.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    (CNN)If you're being confronted by a bear, there's a few things you should know before running away.

As people across the country visiting parks and taking trips to the mountains find themselves in terrifying encounters with bears, the National Park Service (NPS) has offered a few tips on what to do if you're face-to-face with the furry beasts.
    The first tip? "Please don't run from bears or push your slower friends down in attempts of saving yourself," the NPS joked in a Facebook post Wednesday.⁣⁣
    The best thing to do to safely remove yourself from a bear confrontation is move away slowly and sideways so you can keep an eye on the bear without tripping. Bears are not threatened when you move sideways, but like dogs, they will chase fleeing animals.

This all depends on the friend. How much of a friend do you have? Sorry but I’m leaving fatty in the dust and plugging my ears.
    How do you, personally, avoid tripping when you’re drunk all the time?

Comments

dwai: gottem

ftpjesus: Roflmao. It’s a miracle his liver hasn’t failed yet

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

How do you, personally, avoid tripping when you’re drunk all the time?
    The unique part of being labelled a drunk plays into another affliction, ignorance or more importantly stupidity. If you are stupid, which is clearly something you suffer from, you are stupid 24/7.

Not so with alcohol. Sure, there a drinkers who go all day which does reduces their mental abilities. That is not me. I don’t drink every and never all day.

Dumb rules. You can’t correct that. There is no detox for stupidity You just have to live it out

Load Metric
    I'm smarter then the average bear. Mace him

Load Metric

Depends on the type of bear. Black bears are typically skittish about encountering people unless they are momma bears protecting their cubs. So, the best approach with them is typically to make yourself seem fierce and dangerous by yelling loudly at them and waving your arms.

Grizzlies, kodiaks, and polar bears are another story. They usually won’t be scared away by such antics, and probably will take up your yelling and gyrations as a threat to their territorial rights. Best to grab your cell phone and start recording your impending death. If the cell phone is found by the authorities after your demise, the video you record could be a financial boon for the inheritors of your estate.

Also, don’t assume that being armed with a firearm will protect you from a charging grizzly.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    btw this was just a joke
    I know it doesn’t always come across that way via text, but Jesus H. come on

Gold
    Load Metric
    A bear would never attack me, not worth it for them

Comments

nunbeater: lmao you're all right

Jayjami: Protected by dingos anyway

Load Metric
    btw this was just a joke
    I know it doesn’t always come across that way via text, but Jesus H. come on
    Your alcoholism isn’t a joke though.

Load Metric
    First of all, nobody @ fake news CNN has any idea of what to do if a bear attacks. The closest anyone @ CNN has come to an actual bear is watching Yogi Bear cartoons.

If you are actually attacked by a bear, shoot it. Problem solved. No need to run. Just shoot it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Re just shooting a bear: You obviously didn’t watch the New York Post video showing someone using a shotgun to try to stop a charging grizzly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    First of all, nobody @ fake news CNN has any idea of what to do if a bear attacks. The closest anyone @ CNN has come to an actual bear is watching Yogi Bear cartoons.

If you are actually attacked by a bear, shoot it. Problem solved. No need to run. Just shoot it.
    If it’ a black bear playing dead is your only hope, just a bit of mauling. And if you have big gun, like most tourists carry, you have one shot and that may just piss them off more.
    Last edited by limitles; 07-29-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

If it’ a black bear playing dead is your only hope, just a bit of mauling. And if you have big gun, like most tourists carry, you have one shot and that may just piss them off more.
    How about if it’s a baby Harp Seal? Is your only hope to bash its head in with a baseball bat? Inquiring American tourists would like to know.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

How about if it’s a baby Harp Seal? Is your only hope to bash its head in with a baseball bat? Inquiring American tourists would like to know.
    That’s as old as incarcerating minorities for profit. Now we keep the bats for lost Americans who wander over the border.
    Don’t try to keep pace with me, your way down the list

Thread Information