Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Fuck Simone Biles

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Whitlock is a bit much but there’s a kernel of truth in what he says.
    You should have heard his rant on Biles a couple days ago.

Cliffs: Not a fan.
    Slightly Longer Cliffs: Nike, social media and the liberal establishment is turning black American athletes into narcissistic clowns. Case in point: The 3 biggest stories of this olympics involving black America athletes are Richardson, Biles, and Gwen Berry. (honorable mention Naomi Osaka and mens basketball team). Not exactly Jesse Owens level inspiring stuff.

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha

Load Metric

Whitlock is a bit much but there’s a kernel of truth in what he says.

Slightly Longer Cliffs: Nike, social media and the liberal establishment is turning black American athletes into narcissistic clowns. Case in point: The 3 biggest stories of this olympics involving black America athletes are Richardson, Biles, and Gwen Berry. (honorable mention Naomi Osaka and mens basketball team). Not exactly Jesse Owens level inspiring stuff.
    Modern Basketball, collegiate and pro, can be traced back to Sonny “Sole Man” Vaccarro and Nike. He changed the sport forever.

This thread has me seriously wondering if Nike might still be the leader in another unfortunate trend and NOT the cultural follower.

Curious if I own any Nikes. Have to look

I’m still of the opinion that Biles had the yips. I just saw video of her screwing up in practice. This does exonerate any of the other issues raised here.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-30-2021 at 07:24 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Modern Basketball, collegiate and pro, can be traced back to Sonny “Sole Man” Vaccarro and Nike. He changed the sport forever.

This thread has me seriously wondering if Nike might still be the leader in another unfortunate trend and NOT the cultural follower.

Curious if I own any Nikes. Have to look

I’m still of the opinion that Biles had the yips. I just saw video of her screwing up in practice. This does exonerate any of the other issues raised here.
    Practice video seemed staged to take some of the heat off of her choking.

Load Metric
    I think the real problem here is that being a world class athlete is by nature at odds with having a well balanced life. To start off, even to be considered you need to be in the top 5% for genetics, there is nothing fair about that. For 19/20 kids it doesn;t matter how hard they train they will never be able to obtain anywhere near the level of success their idol does. And in terms of training, the sheer amount of obsessive and compulsive thought around such a single endeavor leads to a very shallow life. I mean come on lets face it none of these top athletes have anything of worth to say outside of that which is relevant to their particular sport.

You want kids to grow up healthy then dump these idols as they represent nothing about a normal life outside of an over fascination with success in albeit a useless sport. Biles would be a better role model if she chose to quit altogether...

Now don't get me wrong, the above doesn;t disqualify sports from being entertaining. But that's all it really should be.

Load Metric
    Lol Druff liking the OP - the same guy whose anxiety from hot dog induced LPR led him to beg the board to stop trolling him because he couldn't take it anymore and surely could never play a hand of midstakes poker ever again.

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2019/...wsop-34798.htm

That guy has an incel fueled opinion on a world class athlete maybe not wanting to break her neck?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Correction: Hotdog-on-a-stick

BetCheckBet:
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Mumbles what happens if you call dispatch and tell them you’re not emotionally ready to drive that day?
    To be frank, if I were experiencing vertigo to the point where I was afraid I’d unexpectedly get super dizzy and disoriented while driving the rig down the road, you can bet your ass I’d tell my company that I needed to get off the road and stop driving until the underlying issue was resolved. In fact, DOT regulations REQUIRE professional drivers in the US to self-report to their company when they are unfit to safely drive the truck due to such an impairment.

Comments

NickyPipes: Lol!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Mumbles what happens if you call dispatch and tell them you’re not emotionally ready to drive that day?
    To be frank, if I were experiencing vertigo to the point where I was afraid I’d unexpectedly get super dizzy and disoriented while driving the rig down the road, you can bet your ass I’d tell my company that I needed to get off the road and stop driving until the underlying issue was resolved. In fact, DOT regulations REQUIRE professional drivers in the US to self-report to their company when they are unfit to safely drive the truck due to such an impairment.
    But that’s not why she said she dropped out. It was a few days before any physical reasons were mentioned. If she had said there’s something physically wrong with me and it won’t allow me to perform, I never would have made this thread. She said “I felt like I was doing it for everyone else and I need to feel like I’m doing it for me.”

Comments

danbrown:

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

But that’s not why she said she dropped out. It was a few days before any physical reasons were mentioned. If she had said there’s something physically wrong with me and it won’t allow me to perform, I never would have made this thread. She said “I felt like I was doing it for everyone else and I need to feel like I’m doing it for me.”
    There’s a good chance that she wasn’t entirely forthcoming about her physical symptoms when she initially mentioned what she said here, and the press focused on the narrative you quoted here.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Lol Druff liking the OP - the same guy whose anxiety from hot dog induced LPR led him to beg the board to stop trolling him because he couldn't take it anymore and surely could never play a hand of midstakes poker ever again.

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2019/...wsop-34798.htm

That guy has an incel fueled opinion on a world class athlete maybe not wanting to break her neck?

Tremendous Article.. shed light on mental health and other stress related battles ppl face... in silent desperation......

Silver
    Load Metric
    Read she quit bc she couldn't take her adderall.

PED's are a big part of the Olympics. Hilarious everyone pretending otherwise

Load Metric
    LOL

"Simone Biles has withdrawn from the vault final and MyKayla Skinner will replace her. "

third time
    Winner of the $555 freeroll

Gold
    Load Metric
    Whitlock said after she quit the first event and announced it was for mental health it was just a formality she was going to drop out of all the others. Even if she wanted to compete (doubtful), team USA would be taking on too much liability— financial, potentially legal, and definitely social; if she hurt herself.

So far his prediction seems to be holding up.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    She is making her triumphant return to the last event....the balance beam...brave hero is brave

If you didn’t see this Walt Frazieresque return coming...you are blind.

I kinda hope she either does perfect or falls off....bronze medal would be the worst outcome.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    She is making her triumphant return to the last event....the balance beam...brave hero is brave

I kinda hope she either does perfect or falls off....bronze medal would be the worst outcome.
    She won the Bronze Medal, which is still very impressive considering she quit because of feeling overwhelmed. Her returning at all is impressive... I guess she read all of the negative comments talking shit about her leaving her Team in a clutch and came back to help out her Team.

Comments

The Boz: No it isnt

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post

She won the Bronze Medal, which is still very impressive considering she quit because of feeling overwhelmed. Her returning at all is impressive... I guess she read all of the negative comments talking shit about her leaving her Team in a clutch and came back to help out her Team.
    Her coming back helped her...it was an individual event, team didn’t benefit at all....kudos to her for coming back.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post

Her coming back helped her...it was an individual event, team didn’t benefit at all....kudos to her for coming back.
    Well, at least she came back.

Comments

The Boz: More lies

Thread Information