Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fuck Simone Biles

Gold
    Load Metric
    On a related topic you almost have to feel bad for all the MSM sportswriters pushing woke narratives. Between the Britain soccer team finale, Osaka and Biles; how many prewritten pieces do you imagine had to be scrapped? I am guessing a lot.

At least the chick who won the Olympic all around is some sort of POC (black-Asian mix?), so there is some saving grace there as far as the narrative goes. Unlike soccer and tennis, where white people won so there was nothing to celebrate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

It’s a new generation of athlete playing for the millenials and Gen Z’ers. The athlete is a spokesman for the woke and the mindful youth. Millenials will thank them and show their love. Biles and Osaka are blazing new frontiers for them.

She’s trending like a champ. I don’t have a Twitter or Facebook account so this ain’t my world but I try to get a good read on how the world really is. I’m incredulous.

When I was a kid reading stories about Dick Butkus biting off opponent’s noses and other players playing with a broken leg and then selling cars in the off season. That shit played to people belonging to a generation that believed in the Puritan Work Ethic. Absolutely non of that stuff exists today. If a writer did such a piece he would be ridiculed. How barbaric!

“He touched me!” I’m gonna flop on the hardwood floor wiping tears from my eyes during the NBA playoffs. The 70’s-90’s players were clotheslining each other. We loved it. The NFL is the same. All sports are neutered. The world isn’t ours any more.

Jason Whitlock talks about this. The (black) athletes of today are conditioned to be like this. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. 20 years ago athletes were conditioned to be mentally tough and resilient, and they were. And now they are conditioned to be depressed, anxious, activists; and they are. Whitlock blames Nike the most for this.

Of course Whitlock sees this all as part of some bigger plan to keep the black community compliant and dependent on the D party and big government.
    Whitlock is a bit much but there’s a kernel of truth in what he says.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Whatever the truth is here this is being catastrophically mismanaged.

They could have ended the conversation on this before it ever started AND made her look sympathetic at the same time if they thought about this for 15 seconds.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: This

Load Metric
    I’ve been so busy I’ve hardly watched. Even when it’s on, I’m struggling to care. Probably the reasons listed here about pros and the time change doesn’t help. I hate watching shit played 12 hours ago.

How has US done in relation to expectations? Average, above, below? I know there is a lot left and track and field is where we usually kill it. Just curious if we’ve been disappointing or as expected.

Load Metric
    NBCUniversal paid about $12 billion for the rights to televise 10 Olympic Games through 2032.
    Fuck NBC and fuck the Olympics.

It was better when Bob Costas was hosting it.

It's a shitshow and NBC is just using it to broadcast more commercials.

Fuck'em.

Load Metric
    I've never met anyone who cares at all about 75% of these sports, except every 4 years during Olympics. All of a sudden they become rabid.

It would be like getting very emotional about the quality of a solar eclipse.

Load Metric
    @BCR

I think you turned me on to David Samson (former Marlins President). Maybe it was Crowe. He’s become a perverse habit. The worst voice. Annoying as fuck at times but he delivers.

He is publicly self critical of his past professional choices and behavior. Incredible and refreshing to this hardened cynic. That makes him special.

Samson called my attention to the claim Biles had the yips. Gymnasts call it “the twisties”. Rick Ankiel stuff. He did a good bit on this. You could end up breaking a leg or worse if you have no mid air feel. Completely changed my entire take on the story. Careful though, it is possible for multiple things to be true.

Yes, she was a victim of Olympic corruption and greed.
    Yes, athletes are softer.
    Yes, Millenials and Z’s find the mental health story affirming and embrace these athletes as heroes. If you don’t you are out of step.

Still, as an athletic discussion I was hit with “palm to forehead” clarity and am free to move on.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/tex...n-16347221.php

Comments

Crowe Diddly: It's just business, it's nothing personal
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-29-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Load Metric
    Speaking of the yips.

I remember thinking “The Art of Fielding” was fantastic. Could be 10 years ago. I thought there was going to be a movie. Social norms have changed so much in the interim that I’m not certain where it would fall against today’s social norms.

I suspect it foreshadowed this whole story tbh.

If you played ball or have any kind of heart I recommend.

Load Metric
    This is my take. I was pissed when sat she out.

Wtf…You prepare your whole life for something that you have the God given talent and ability to do and in the last moment, you just say screw this. Not even thinking about the ramifications of your actions.

To me, it’s embarrassing. She let the country down and she let her teammates down. The Olympics are not the same this year before this happened and now, I could care less.

With the regards to being tied to the BLM, it’s even more embarrassing. No black or any person regardless of their color should stand with those burn, loot, and murder fools. They are a terroristic threat just any other hate group organization. It’s a shame and a sin that uneducated and misinformed (mostly black) people want to side with these idiots that want to vandalize homes and property in their OWN neighborhood that needs help in the first place. Last May, I witnessed them tear up supermarkets, pharmacies, shopping malls…yes…let’s make the situation than ever…do you think stealing a 70” Vizio and a pair of Jordans will make the world a better place?? Burning a police cruiser in the middle of an expressway. REALLY…Smh…what is that going to do and accomplish?? Absolutely nothing. That’s more of my tax money down the drain because of ignorant people. Plus, black on black crimes are more rampant than before. Not a single peep from BLM when that happens. Only when whites hurt and kill blacks, oh then it’s a problem. Not when blacks kill their own. Get the fuck out of here with this BLM movement. They can rot in hell.

Finally, she blamed “mental illness” for this. If she felt this way, she should have never participated and even traveled to Tokyo. It infuriates me that people just want to say things like that and now they are treating her like a darn queen. Her sponsors applauded her. What?? Come on…let this happen to someone else under these circumstances, and see what the final outcome is.

This country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Biles is a loser.

Comments

JeffDime: Great take brother.

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Good to see you and Jeff in other threads.

Walter Sobchak: This

NickyPipes: Wise brother

splitthis:

Load Metric
    You think Simone is depressed now, wait five years when she is still 4' 11" but 165 lbs.

Comments

simply1: Ok that is funny

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    @BCR

I think you turned me on to David Samson (former Marlins President). Maybe it was Crowe. He’s become a perverse habit. The worst voice. Annoying as fuck at times but he delivers.

He is publicly self critical of his past professional choices and behavior. Incredible and refreshing to this hardened cynic. That makes him special.

Samson called my attention to the claim Biles had the yips. Gymnasts call it “the twisties”. Rick Ankiel stuff. He did a good bit on this. You could end up breaking a leg or worse if you have no mid air feel. Completely changed my entire take on the story. Careful though, it is possible for multiple things to be true.

Yes, she was a victim of Olympic corruption and greed.
    Yes, athletes are softer.
    Yes, Millenials and Z’s find the mental health story affirming and embrace these athletes as heroes. If you don’t you are out of step.

Still, as an athletic discussion I was hit with “palm to forehead” clarity and am free to move on.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/tex...n-16347221.php
    Yeah, I have been referencing Samson for years as he was always entertaining to me. I know Crowe is a fan also. He’s a unique dude. Somehow really arrogant while also being self-deprecating, but he’s blunt and really entertaining.

I’m not informed on this Biles issues as I haven’t seen a minute of it. Know the basics that she was struggling and withdrew. Yips has always been a super interesting concept in any sport. I remember Ankiel situation well. Knoblauch unable to make throw to second. Sasser unable to throw ball back to pitcher. Braylon Edwards suddenly unable to catch a football. Ben Simmons and every post season or a Markelle Fultz suddenly unable to shoot.

Dozen guys in golf as game is so mental and you can get yips in multiple areas and get more fucked up than imaginable. Dudes like Duval going from one to unable to make a cut. There have been multiple guys mindfucked for periods of time. Whole sport is kind of who has eliminated their yips for x period of time as all the great ones go through years long period where they struggle with some element.

Gymnastics is now so much more about pure power and acceleration than before. An extra half turn matters and a step doesn’t as they’re flying so fast. I think it would have been better received if she just outright said for whatever reason I’ve lost it and feel there is a better chance of ending up in wheelchair than on a podium, everyone gets that. Just basically say I suck right now for some reason and I’m going to get hurt.

We are way more forgiving of our former champs who’ve already brought us glory than some newcomer who would instantly be labeled weak.
    Last edited by BCR; 07-29-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    So you choose a profession where you train forever for a few days of intense competition against the world’s best with billions of people watching, you get the honor and privilege of representing America in the Olympics, you ask your teammates who have worked all their lives for this to trust you and support you, then you just decide at the last second that you’re too stressed out to go through with it. You couldn’t suck it up for a few days? Your next chance at this, if you ever get one, is in 4 fucking years.

GTFO, if you want a job with less pressure you could do almost anything else.

Then she talks about how she needed to feel like she was doing it for herself and not others? You’re doing it for the whole country, that’s what it means to be an Olympic athlete. What a horrible attitude.

I get that she was a bit off her game but even at 80% she’s still better than everybody else.

Maybe Tom Brady will be too stressed out to start the next super bowl, and he’ll tell his teammates about 10 minutes before kickoff.

GTFO YOU SELFISH CUNT

Anybody who thinks this is ok is a fucking pansy. And anybody who still thinks she’s the GOAT (as many are saying) is a fucking pansy too. That’s not greatness.

I didn't read this till now and have never of heard her. You act as though these supreme athletes show up once a week at the gym and then sit back waiting for glory every four years. What they do constant they do constantly

She’s no different than any of her other teammates. The other teammates are not bit players whose job it is to propel her to the top. And you don’t what sacrifices are made or what pressure is applied by coaches and sponsors to maintain a level of excellence.

People are different. Tom Brady is different and so is the sport. Even if he were to trip over his ego and could not play there are prepared for that. Backups

I think it’s a sign of the times and your take is idiotic. Oh,I forgot Americans are just so proud of their country as if that’s something unique.

Have you ever heard of PSTD? That stress and people handle differently. Well being molested by someone high up in the American Olympic effort and then having that covered up by some of the same people is sick.
    Last edited by limitles; 07-30-2021 at 03:48 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

Wtf…You prepare your whole life for something that you have the God given talent and ability to do and in the last moment, you just say screw this. Not even thinking about the ramifications of your actions.

To me, it’s embarrassing. She let the country down and she let her teammates down. The Olympics are not the same this year before this happened and now, I could care less.

With the regards to being tied to the BLM, it’s even more embarrassing. No black or any person regardless of their color should stand with those burn, loot, and murder fools. They are a terroristic threat just any other hate group organization. It’s a shame and a sin that uneducated and misinformed (mostly black) people want to side with these idiots that want to vandalize homes and property in their OWN neighborhood that needs help in the first place. Last May, I witnessed them tear up supermarkets, pharmacies, shopping malls…yes…let’s make the situation than ever…do you think stealing a 70” Vizio and a pair of Jordans will make the world a better place?? Burning a police cruiser in the middle of an expressway. REALLY…Smh…what is that going to do and accomplish?? Absolutely nothing. That’s more of my tax money down the drain because of ignorant people. Plus, black on black crimes are more rampant than before. Not a single peep from BLM when that happens. Only when whites hurt and kill blacks, oh then it’s a problem. Not when blacks kill their own. Get the fuck out of here with this BLM movement. They can rot in hell.

Finally, she blamed “mental illness” for this. If she felt this way, she should have never participated and even traveled to Tokyo. It infuriates me that people just want to say things like that and now they are treating her like a darn queen. Her sponsors applauded her. What?? Come on…let this happen to someone else under these circumstances, and see what the final outcome is.

Biles is a loser.
    The former female Olympic gymnants quoted in this ABC News article compliment Biles for her decision to bow out because of her mental health concerns, largely in part because it signals that the decades-long culture of abusive emotional control of those young American female athletes by their coaches is over.

Former Olympians react to Simone Biles having the decision to withdraw
    "I never remember feeling like I ever got to make those decisions."
    https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/olympi...ry?id=79121854

Here’s an example in the form of tweet embedded in the article.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Is there anyone more manufactured that Simone Biles? She looks like a creation from a Nike lab, almost bionic, she almost does not even look real. I am not saying she is going to go Gary Coleman, but its not like she is worth $50M, she has pretty nominal endorsements, by most accounts she is worth like $5M, which we know will be evaporated in a few years. Her biggest leak is she like barely 5 feet tall if that. She puts on 25 lbs she is going to be a laughingstock.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Mumbles what happens if you call dispatch and tell them you’re not emotionally ready to drive that day?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Mumbles what happens if you call dispatch and tell them you’re not emotionally ready to drive that day?
    I have herd of this and it’s called unfit to work especially in his field. At least here Canada it has to be respected by law.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Exactly
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    I have herd of this and it’s called unfit to work especially in his field. At least here Canada it has to be respected by law.
    There are endless horror stories that would have been avoided if someone had just stayed home that day. And that’s not including the clinically insane.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

Biles is a loser.

You should feel right at home here

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Jason Whitlock talks about this. The (black) athletes of today are conditioned to be like this. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. 20 years ago athletes were conditioned to be mentally tough and resilient, and they were. And now they are conditioned to be depressed, anxious, activists; and they are. Whitlock blames Nike the most for this.

Of course Whitlock sees this all as part of some bigger plan to keep the black community compliant and dependent on the D party and big government.
    Whitlock is a bit much but there’s a kernel of truth in what he says.
    You should have heard his rant on Biles a couple days ago.

Cliffs: Not a fan.
    Slightly Longer Cliffs: Nike, social media and the liberal establishment is turning black American athletes into narcissistic clowns. Case in point: The 3 biggest stories of this olympics involving black America athletes are Richardson, Biles, and Gwen Berry. (honorable mention Naomi Osaka and mens basketball team). Not exactly Jesse Owens level inspiring stuff.

Thread Information