Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fuck Simone Biles

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Michael Jordan could be basically dead and he would will himself to perform in the clutch. That is greatness. Quitting just as it’s time to lay it all on the line because the pressure got to you is not greatness.
    She's literally the greatest already. Somehow that buys her no credit with you.

I do concede your point about what she has played through in the past.
    It's an obvious fact, and that's where the discussion should start, not be conceded. If she's this great, don't you think something must be severely wrong?

Still feel like Fuck Simone Biles is a solid stance, just out of curiosity?
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-28-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Load Metric
    LOL

"BREAKING: Simone Biles has pulled out of the AA final tomorrow due to further evaluation of her mental health. We wish her all the best as she makes such a brave and courageous decision. MENTAL HEALTH MATTERS"

again out
    Winner of the $555 freeroll

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Choked in the prelims and got the yips....whatever, it happens.

If she knew she had the yips before the olympics she should have bowed out earlier, but if they just occurred...oh well.

Certainly tarnishes her rep as the GOAT.

Load Metric
    smells like a covid cover up

I'm sure she's vaccinated and they don't want to publicize that she's positive.

ez game

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Entertaining theory

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    So the 6 time Olympic medalist, who has won countless world medals and championships and has won with broken toes and kidney stones and had years of her team doctor abusing her and her teammates has a terrible performance and realizes that her team has a better shot at a medal without her, steps away from the team event knowing she's gonna cost them the medal if she stays in and other teammates are in a better spot to win than her, and her team wins Silver. Going by her first performance, they weren't gonna medal at all with her in the comp.

Fuck her? Nah dude, fuck you. Her 80% is not better than everyone else, that's dumb as shit when talking about the world's elites, and going off about her "horrible attitude" is so fucking stupid it's hard to put into words other than shut your fucking mouth, moron. MAybe the very best in the world at her sport has a better idea of if she's in a position to win or not when she goes out there than OP and all the other people who act like they know what's what.

Only the wort kind of asshole would call her a selfish cunt.
    We’re usually on the same side of things so I’m not going to get into it, I just disagree with you.

Michael Jordan could be basically dead and he would will himself to perform in the clutch. That is greatness. Quitting just as it’s time to lay it all on the line because the pressure got to you is not greatness.
    He retired due to mental duress in his prime.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: he literally quit rep
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    gymnastics should be soviet style a la aliya mustafina the prima ballerina

not afrika style (like in tennis venus/serena williams)

Load Metric
    Mustafina was the greatest of all time

Load Metric
    Best was Scottie Pippen refusing to play when claimed a migraine headache. Wasn't the go to guy and sat out. They should have just canceled the Olympics.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

We are part way down that path. Big thing on Twitter is if you were OK with Luck quitting on his team and not Biles you might be a racist.

Of course quitting on your team in the middle of your offseason and the team begging you not to announce it until preseason so they could maneuver and quitting in the first quarter of the super bowl are two different things.
    If Luck wanted to retire because he was sick of being injured all the time fine. Retire when a season ends, not just before the next one begins, when the draft and any reasonable free agent opportunities are past. He left his team high and dry too.

Again if he got medical news at the last moment that changes things.
    Luck told the team around draft time and they tried to talk him out of it all the way through the start of preseason. Two weeks into July he called the owner directly to say “guys, I’m not kidding I’m done”.

That’s not public record.

Sharpest guys in the room were betting Chargers and Under the entire preseason. The under hit but somehow the colts covered.

Comments

NickyPipes: Nice post like this kind of story a lot

Walter Sobchak: Fascinating

Gold
    Load Metric
    Nick Pipes does not support this at all but also does not care. No time in my day to spend worrying about this, haven’t watched 1 minute of the olympics and if I did would never be gymnastics

This is the start of a trend you should “look out” for... athletes are going to skip/drop out of major competitions in protest or some sort of mental health awareness thing

I would not be surprised to see an NBA team sit out NBA finals if there was a police shooting etc

This year didn’t Kyrie Irving say his mind was elsewhere thinking about Gaza or something during the playoffs?

Imagine being the one paying him all that money and hearing that shit?

The worst is the tennis chick. She made what $50 million last year and had to sit out because depression? What can you even say?

Even the people who pretend to support this are lying. Every single adult knows this is all bullshit

People who make $3,000 a month working full time raising kids are supposed to have sympathy for word famous millionaires being depressed and anxious?

not where I come from pal

I know 100 men who would kill you for $1,000. Do you understand what they would do for the money these people make in. Day? A week? A year?

By the way, surely this entire thing was planned. She knew she was going to sit out before she even went.

It’s a show, a work

The Nike commercial with her and the tennis chick is coming out soon

Be brave, self care is more important than championships

Gold medals mean nothing if you are feeling anxious

Just Do It (as long as you’re not sad that day)

Do you understand how much stress and pressure Nick Pipes is under on a daily basis?

NONE BECAUSE I AM NOT A CRYING BITCHING MOANING PUSSY!

Comments

Walter Sobchak: PIPES

jsearles22: GOAT

Jayjami: Give her a break, she can’t sun her balls for r&r.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brothers if Donald Trump runs and wins in 2024 You can expect there will be no nfl or nba in protest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Nick Pipes does not support this at all but also does not care. No time in my day to spend worrying about this, haven’t watched 1 minute of the olympics and if I did would never be gymnastics

This is the start of a trend you should “look out” for... athletes are going to skip/drop out of major competitions in protest or some sort of mental health awareness thing

I would not be surprised to see an NBA team sit out NBA finals if there was a police shooting etc

This year didn’t Kyrie Irving say his mind was elsewhere thinking about Gaza or something during the playoffs?

The worst is the tennis chick. She made what $50 million last year and had to sit out because depression? What can you even say?

Even the people who pretend to support this are lying. Every single adult knows this is all bullshit

People who make $3,000 a month working full time raising kids are supposed to have sympathy for word famous millionaires being depressed and anxious?

I know 100 men who would kill you for $1,000. Do you understand what they would do for the money these people make in. Day? A week? A year?

By the way, surely this entire thing was planned. She knew she was going to sit out before she even went.

It’s a show, a work

Do you understand how much stress and pressure Nick Pipes is under on a daily basis?

It’s a new generation of athlete playing for the millenials and Gen Z’ers. The athlete is a spokesman for the woke and the mindful youth. Millenials will thank them and show their love. Biles and Osaka are blazing new frontiers for them.

She’s trending like a champ. I don’t have a Twitter or Facebook account so this ain’t my world but I try to get a good read on how the world really is. I’m incredulous.

When I was a kid reading stories about Dick Butkus biting off opponent’s noses and other players playing with a broken leg and then selling cars in the off season. That shit played to people belonging to a generation that believed in the Puritan Work Ethic. Absolutely non of that stuff exists today. If a writer did such a piece he would be ridiculed. How barbaric!

“He touched me!” I’m gonna flop on the hardwood floor wiping tears from my eyes during the NBA playoffs. The 70’s-90’s players were clotheslining each other. We loved it. The NFL is the same. All sports are neutered. The world isn’t ours any more.

Comments

NickyPipes: What a world!

Walter Sobchak: So fucking this

jsearles22: SanGod

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    “He touched me!” I’m gonna flop on the hardwood floor wiping tears from my eyes during the NBA playoffs. The 70’s-90’s players were clotheslining each other. We loved it. The NFL is the same. All sports are neutered. The world isn’t ours any more.
    Simone was very literally "touched" for years by a team doc, in a way that would make you want to kill someone if it was in your family, and she still rose above and won everything everywhere for years. She's still the only one who can get people fired for allowing the abuse in her sport, but so many of them are still in power anyway, because nobody else cares. You wanna talk about tough, maybe consider that angle too.

If the suggestion is that she was coddled in some way, the suggestion is demonstrably incorrect.

Sports just ain't what it used to be, when athletes would die with broken bodies and no money and had no agency and just got fucked by the owners and powerbrokers at every level... but they shut up and played hard and ruined their lives for US, goddamnit!

Also, Puritans were generally terrible people to themselves and each other and everyone else for that matter, and that's part of why we in Boston are assholes to everyone before we accept them and we're often still assholes after, except with a smile, to this day. But they believed in a higher power who they also believed treated them like shit, so...
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-28-2021 at 08:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So you choose a profession where you train forever for a few days of intense competition against the world’s best with billions of people watching, you get the honor and privilege of representing America in the Olympics, you ask your teammates who have worked all their lives for this to trust you and support you, then you just decide at the last second that you’re too stressed out to go through with it. You couldn’t suck it up for a few days? Your next chance at this, if you ever get one, is in 4 fucking years.

GTFO, if you want a job with less pressure you could do almost anything else.

Then she talks about how she needed to feel like she was doing it for herself and not others? You’re doing it for the whole country, that’s what it means to be an Olympic athlete. What a horrible attitude.

I get that she was a bit off her game but even at 80% she’s still better than everybody else.

Maybe Tom Brady will be too stressed out to start the next super bowl, and he’ll tell his teammates about 10 minutes before kickoff.

GTFO YOU SELFISH CUNT

Anybody who thinks this is ok is a fucking pansy. And anybody who still thinks she’s the GOAT (as many are saying) is a fucking pansy too. That’s not greatness.
    No idea either but Dwai actually made me chuckle. That’s a special Olympics bronze right there

Load Metric
    First sports thread in awhile I have not much of an opinion on whatsoever. Well, outside of soccer threads.

Partially because I dont give two shits about the olympics, partially because eh, it's her choice. This isn't Kyrie getting paid $30 million salary and stepping away to ponder if the earth is round or not, she makes no salary. Sure, her previous achievements have let her build a nice bankroll with endorsements, but gymnastics (like most olympic sports) is basically a volunteer job at this point for her. Can't get TOO mad at a volunteer anywhere for quitting.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The world isn’t ours any more.
    That is exactly right. Like it or not we are fast becoming old dogs. You’re not getting called up for WWW III

Silver
    Load Metric
    Correct play is to just fold USA Gymnastics entirely.

Russian athletes can't even compete under their own flag, but USA Gymnastics pushes on, despite the child molesting Dr., and Chinese-inspired athlete development.

Who remembers when Dominique Moceanu had to sue to be emancipated from her parents?

Something is seriously off with Gymnastics in this country, and it has been that way for a long time.

Load Metric
    When I was a kid reading stories about Dick Butkus biting off opponent’s noses and other players playing with a broken leg and then selling cars in the off season. That shit played to people belonging to a generation that believed in the Puritan Work Ethic. Absolutely non of that stuff exists today. If a writer did such a piece he would be ridiculed. How barbaric!

Comments

Walter Sobchak: fuck yeah

Load Metric
    Walter, check out this article and let me know if this changes your mind at all on this matter.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andyneuensc...u-simone-biles

The embedded tweet:

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

It’s a show, a work

It’s a new generation of athlete playing for the millenials and Gen Z’ers. The athlete is a spokesman for the woke and the mindful youth. Millenials will thank them and show their love. Biles and Osaka are blazing new frontiers for them.

She’s trending like a champ. I don’t have a Twitter or Facebook account so this ain’t my world but I try to get a good read on how the world really is. I’m incredulous.

Jason Whitlock talks about this. The (black) athletes of today are conditioned to be like this. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. 20 years ago athletes were conditioned to be mentally tough and resilient, and they were. And now they are conditioned to be depressed, anxious, activists; and they are. Whitlock blames Nike the most for this.

Of course Whitlock sees this all as part of some bigger plan to keep the black community compliant and dependent on the D party and big government.

Thread Information