Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Poker Fraud Alert Radio Thread for 7/24/2021 - 6:00pm pst start time - ** $51 CASH FREEROLL **

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I did listen/watch for a while since it didn't start at 1am Eastern.

-show was missing Druff. I'll have to go back and watch when he was on didn't catch it live. Ying and yang with Drexel.
    I appreciated Druff a little more.

I think what the old schoolers enjoyed most about radio was the unexpected. That’s why live radio was anticipated. Who knew what might happen. That has been lost.

I have kinda drifted away from radio prolly cause you don’t know when and it’s too late. I’m also honestly not interested in poker anymore. I used to be and Poker introduced me to the cast of characters. So that was good.

When you are hosting a show you gotta have a script or some kind of plan or you risk dead air. Done right and with any luck the script serves as a springboard for something special that was unscripted. A little controversy and a caller and magic sometimes happens. I love the riffing or the “jazz” of good conversation. Drexel is the king of making connections and spontaneity. Yes, he knows Druff so well and plays off him so well.

Drexel had to play the role of host this time and he had to do the structure thing. It’s a lot of work. I suspect there was quite a bit of pre-show planning or rehearsal. Lotta effort went into this show. You could see it. I think Drexel dished Sonatine a couple scripted alley-oops, for instance. However, this hosting business takes away from Drexel’s gift of improv which I enjoy most.

Druff is Drexel’s personal backboard in his game of conversational hoop. Allen Iverson never practiced and never ran a scripted play - why should Drexel?

I liked the show and am down for more. Daly needs a regular segment on radio.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I did listen/watch for a while since it didn't start at 1am Eastern.

-show was missing Druff. I'll have to go back and watch when he was on didn't catch it live. Ying and yang with Drexel.
    I appreciated Druff a little more.

I think what the old schoolers enjoyed most about radio was the unexpected. That’s why live radio was anticipated. Who knew what might happen. That has been lost.

I have kinda drifted away from radio prolly cause you don’t know when and it’s too late. I’m also honestly not interested in poker anymore. I used to be and Poker introduced me to the cast of characters. So that was good.

When you are hosting a show you gotta have a script or some kind of plan or you risk dead air. Done right and with any luck the script serves as a springboard for something special that was unscripted. A little controversy and a caller and magic sometimes happens. I love the riffing or the “jazz” of good conversation. Drexel is the king of making connections and spontaneity. Yes, he knows Druff so well and plays off him so well.

Drexel had to play the role of host this time and he had to do the structure thing. It’s a lot of work. I suspect there was quite a bit of pre-show planning or rehearsal. Lotta effort went into this show. You could see it. I think Drexel dished Sonatine a couple scripted alley-oops, for instance. However, this hosting business takes away from Drexel’s gift of improv which I enjoy most.

Druff is Drexel’s personal backboard in his game of conversational hoop. Allen Iverson never practiced and never ran a scripted play - why should Drexel?

I liked the show and am down for more. Daly needs a regular segment on radio.
    Drexel definitely is god

Load Metric
    Thanks to the fellas for having me on!

I legit thought i was dialing in to listen and the next thing I know I was asked about chicken fingers.

Load Metric
    speaking of which 48 hours until this popeyes nuggets drop.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    Anybody have a time stamp for Daly call in?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Anybody have a time stamp for Daly call in?

Roughy 2:30

Comments

NickyPipes: Will listen

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

NickyPipes: Dedication

Load Metric
    so I liked the show, Drexel great as always and I hate to say it but sonatine was funny and good as well.

respect

Load Metric
    Finally got to listen to this poolside in Spain today, thoroughly enjoyed it- thanks to all involved, you all added entertainment in your own different ways!

More please!!
    BALLIN'!!

Thread Information