Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear ESPN...

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

If it were Opposite Day you’d be spot on.
    The more I thought of this thread (ugh) the more I realized how wrong it was in many ways. The sports lineup is dictated by the IOC. The events are pre-planned as in when the are held.

Do you think ESPN is ignoring Men’s basketball in favour of men’s gymnastics or women’s rowing?

The whole women’s events not worth watching comment tells me you are not a true sports fan.

Bringing U.S.A. political theories into the story reflects poorly on you (idiot)
    or America in general ( messed up divided “country” ).
    Why did you quote my post? Your point (in addition to being wrong) is a complete non sequitor to what I was saying. Also, since you apparently don’t know, ESPN isn’t broadcasting the games, NBC is. ESPN is broadcasting olympics related content, and the IOC has no input on what ESPN chooses to focus on, or why.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

If it were Opposite Day you’d be spot on.
    The more I thought of this thread (ugh) the more I realized how wrong it was in many ways. The sports lineup is dictated by the IOC. The events are pre-planned as in when the are held.

Do you think ESPN is ignoring Men’s basketball in favour of men’s gymnastics or women’s rowing?

The whole women’s events not worth watching comment tells me you are not a true sports fan.

Bringing U.S.A. political theories into the story reflects poorly on you (idiot)
    or America in general ( messed up divided “country” ).
    The thread is about ESPN.com having 6 straight stories about women’s sports...and to be fair I have tried watching women’s sports but most are too slow. On the other hand I find most of the men’s sports boring as well....men’s tennis, most track events, swimming...all dull without some compelling story.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Watching the archery...these bows are crazy....like shooting using a steadicam

Comments

shoeshine box:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Fwiw I am not boycotting women’s Olympic sports because I find them non watchable or non compelling. I enjoy them. I am not going to get into WNBA, but Once every 4 years I am good to watch some women’s Olympic basketball. I am boycotting these Olympics entirely because I don’t like the way a lot of the athletes and media is acting.

Which is fine. They are free to act as they want, and I am free to not watch them.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

Exclamation

I bet on mens fencing.

Fencing Individual Epee Men Winner
    Gergely Siklósi Even 07/24/2021 (05:00 PM) (Pending)

also

Olympics - Gold Medal Winner (A-M)
    Canoeing K-1 Slalom Women Winner
    Jessica Fox -180 07/24/2021 (05:00 PM) (Pending)

and.......

Olympics - Gold Medal Winner (A-M)
    Women's Handball Winner
    [] Norway +115 07/24/2021 (06:00 PM) (Pending)

Comments

Cerveza Fria: Degenerate Gambling rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    3 on 3 basketball...wtf has the olympics become.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3x3_basketball

Comments

dwai: n-word

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3x3_basketball
    Right answer is a joke.

Gus Macker is rolling in his grave.

Silver
    Load Metric
    When is the HORSE event?

Nothing but net.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Why did you quote my post? Your point (in addition to being wrong) is a complete non sequitor to what I was saying. Also, since you apparently don’t know, ESPN isn’t broadcasting the games, NBC is. ESPN is broadcasting olympics related content, and the IOC has no input on what ESPN chooses to focus on, or why.
    I didn’t post your quote. If ESPN isn’t broadcasting the games then why bother with them. I couldn’t care less what you deadheads watch, think or believe

Not too different than Fox idiots believing they are the source of any news

Almost all of your broadcasting going on twenty years is embarrassing
    Last edited by limitles; 07-24-2021 at 07:40 PM.

Gold
    Load Metric

I didn’t post your quote. If ESPN isn’t broadcasting the games then why bother with them. I couldn’t care less what you deadheads watch, think or believe

A lot of us came of age watching ESPN all the time; whether it be live sports, Sportscenter or various talking head shows. So seeing something that was once so ubiquitous and part of the fabric of American life (at least for heterosexual dudes who are into sports) become so inconsequential and irrelevant, and not even try to cater to what was once their core audience, can be perplexing at times.

I don't ever consciously even go to ESPN website, but I often unconsciously do due to muscle memory; and I was not particularly surprised at all that the headline today was an expose on a female Olympic athlete and her experience being stalked, because apparently that is the most interesting thing going on in sports today.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

A lot of us came of age watching ESPN all the time; whether it be live sports, Sportscenter or various talking head shows. So seeing something that was once so ubiquitous and part of the fabric of American life (at least for heterosexual dudes who are into sports) become so inconsequential and irrelevant, and not even try to cater to what was once their core audience, can be perplexing at times.

I don't ever consciously even go to ESPN website, but I often unconsciously do due to muscle memory; and I was not particularly surprised at all that the headline today was an expose on a female Olympic athlete and her experience being stalked, because apparently that is the most interesting thing going on in sports today.
    You have just reiterated the problem I have with you and a couple others in this thread.

I have a daughter who went pretty far in fastball. It get’s pretty intense the further you go.

To diminish the athletic achievements of anyone because of race, colour, creed or sex, especially when they are representing your country is pitiful, sad and awful

Load Metric

You have just reiterated the problem I have with you and a couple others in this thread.

I have a daughter who went pretty far in fastball. It get’s pretty intense the further you go.

To diminish the athletic achievements of anyone because of race, colour, creed or sex, especially when they are representing your country is pitiful, sad and awful
    So is driving drunk, whats your fucking point tard?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Try to put a sentence together. You have know idea what I’ve said?
    You go to the top of dumb

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

So is driving drunk, what’s your fucking point.

I just had to repeat that for an example of a complete lack of the english language.
    You are that thick

Load Metric
    I was not particularly surprised at all that the headline today was an expose on a female Olympic athlete and her experience being stalked, because apparently that is the most interesting thing going on in sports today.
    I thought the exact same thing. The Olympics are starting and this is your lead? But remember, ESPN has no incentive to promote the Olympics. The Peacock, not the Mouse, owns the broadcast rights.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    I was not particularly surprised at all that the headline today was an expose on a female Olympic athlete and her experience being stalked, because apparently that is the most interesting thing going on in sports today.
    I thought the exact same thing. The Olympics are starting and this is your lead? But remember, ESPN has no incentive to promote the Olympics. The Peacock, not the Mouse, owns the broadcast rights.
    Correct dumb fuck and NBC does’s not have control on what sport is played when either.

Ignorant fucking cunts

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quit trying to make me care about women’s sports...1st 6 Olympic stories are women’s sports.

Basketball....Soccer..softball...tennis...protesti ng shot putter or whatever she was....gymnastics

Of all those The only one I’ll watch is gymnastics...that stuff is incredible.
    Dear stupid cunt and dumb cunt friends like a kalam, whatever the fuck that is.

Females outnumber males in this wold. Accept and get used to being the worst representative for the other (minority) half.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quit trying to make me care about women’s sports...1st 6 Olympic stories are women’s sports.

Basketball....Soccer..softball...tennis...protesti ng shot putter or whatever she was....gymnastics

Of all those The only one I’ll watch is gymnastics...that stuff is incredible.

Females outnumber males in this wold. Accept and get used to being the worst representative for the other (minority) half.
    Even you will not watch 3 on 3 women’s basketball.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Even you will not watch 3 on 3 women’s basketball.
    After I beat you to death I might do anything

Thread Information