Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dear ESPN...

Platinum
    Load Metric

Dear ESPN...

Quit trying to make me care about women’s sports...1st 6 Olympic stories are women’s sports.

Basketball....Soccer..softball...tennis...protesti ng shot putter or whatever she was....gymnastics

Of all those The only one I’ll watch is gymnastics...that stuff is incredible.

Gold
    Load Metric
    ESPN used to be my default channel. Was probably on 3 hours/day minimum.

Now I don't turn it on at all unless there is a live sporting event I am interested in, which barely happens anymore.

I don't know who ESPN's market it now, but I know it isn't me.

We move on.

Load Metric
    ESPN lost me when they started to push Politics and Social Issues. I watch sports, movies and other things to escape from the political stuff that airs on the other channels 24/7.

Comments

Sanlmar: Say “Amen”

Gold
    Load Metric
    I don’t watch TV other than live sports but used to love ESPN and sports center when I was a kid. On 24/7 type of thing. Now when I happen to see sports center it’s rough. Nothing something a guy like Nick Pipes spends his time watching, catch my drift?

How many of ESPN viewers are just a tv in a bar, etc with it playing on mute in the background like CNN at airports nationwide?

It’s boring stuff, not even going into the political and race issues mentioned already.

Everybody seems to agree we’ve had enough of that and like to watch sports to “get away” not interested in political view of the QB one way or the other, who cares?

Never heard anybody with the other opinion. So what’s the reason they keep pushing the agenda despite the negative feedback?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    I don’t watch TV other than live sports but used to love ESPN and sports center when I was a kid. On 24/7 type of thing. Now when I happen to see sports center it’s rough. Nothing something a guy like Nick Pipes spends his time watching, catch my drift?

How many of ESPN viewers are just a tv in a bar, etc with it playing on mute in the background like CNN at airports nationwide?

It’s boring stuff, not even going into the political and race issues mentioned already.

Everybody seems to agree we’ve had enough of that and like to watch sports to “get away” not interested in political view of the QB one way or the other, who cares?

Never heard anybody with the other opinion. So what’s the reason they keep pushing the agenda despite the negative feedback?
    A lot of the employees believe in the progressive narrative. So some of it is being the company they and the employees want to be. But IMO more importantly they, and their Disney overlords, are more worried about backlash from woke Twitter than losing viewers if they don’t toe the line. Because the former will cause corporate sponsors to abandon them faster.

So basically they are being extorted by big tech, woke Twitter, and corporate media.

Load Metric
    ESPN has been a joke for years. Outside of live sports, there is nothing of value there.

Final nail in their coffin was when they fired Simmons (probably the best asset they had) because he said bad things about fucking Goddell on his podcast.

Load Metric
    The Last Dance was the tits, tho. But that was more an outlier event for them.

Load Metric
    its the same on the bbc here always pushing womens football but will never turn the comments on the articles on the website lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Load Metric
    I heard that ESPN is offering an alternative feed for Thurs Night Football with the Eli & Peyton Manning. I like the concept of live alternatives.

Yes, sports is an escape from the hard work of progressive politics. You spend more time on high alert for all the PC queues. The manipulation is exhausting.

The day is rapidly coming when there will be a woman announcer in the booth like ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball’s Jessica Mendoza. I give Mendoza credit for having successfully played a version of baseball at very high levels. For at least being an ex-jockette. I am more offended by the transsexual ARod.

Unlike most I can snap delete a genre or a sport and not look back. I swear I saw 3 NBA games this year. Fuck them. The most egregious manipulative crap and woman announcers. The NFL and ESPN are this close.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-23-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    The Last Dance was the tits, tho. But that was more an outlier event for them.
    PTI is good but K and W take too many goddamn days off.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

Now I don't turn it on at all unless there is a live sporting event I am interested in, which barely happens anymore.

We move on.
    Best I can tell it’s folks who wouldn’t be major sports fans anyway. Seems to be the transgendered non binary crowd as well as the woke far leftists who think sports is packed with misogyny anyway and hate excess testosterone. Last time checked a large majority of sports fans remain heterosexual beer drinking males not douchebags with man buns and white claws in their hands.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

We move on.
    Best I can tell it’s folks who wouldn’t be major sports fans anyway. Seems to be the transgendered non binary crowd as well as the woke far leftists who think sports is packed with misogyny anyway and hate excess testosterone. Last time checked a large majority of sports fans remain heterosexual beer drinking males not douchebags with man buns and white claws in their hands.

I’m literally drinking a white claw right now but I put a extra shot of vodka in if that helps?

Also Sitting out in the sun having a barbecue
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 07-23-2021 at 05:12 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

I’m literally drinking a white claw right now but I put a extra shot of vodka in if that helps?

Brother it’s great to hear you are sunning

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I heard that ESPN is offering an alternative feed for Thurs Night Football with the Eli & Peyton Manning. I like the concept of live alternatives.

Yes, sports is an escape from the hard work of progressive politics. You spend more time on high alert for all the PC queues. The manipulation is exhausting.

The day is rapidly coming when there will be a woman announcer in the booth like ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball’s Jessica Mendoza. I give Mendoza credit for having successfully played a version of baseball at very high levels. For at least being an ex-jockette. I am more offended by the transsexual ARod.

Unlike most I can snap delete a genre or a sport and not look back. I swear I saw 3 NBA games this year. Fuck them. The most egregious manipulative crap and woman announcers. The NFL and ESPN are this close.
    It will be interesting to see how all this PC stuff with the NFL is going to shake out. I could be wrong, but it isn't even apparent to me the players want to politics being interjected further into the games (eg. black national anthem, slogans on their jerseys). I feel there may be a coming realization that all this BLM, Defund the Police, Say Her Name, etc. activism hasn't done jack shit positive for them or any other black people (other than the ones cashing out). On top of that, pressure for vaccine mandates may sour the athletes even further towards the progressive elite agenda.

Gold
    Load Metric

We move on.
    Well, if you believe that a major goal of progressivism is to divide people by race; than polticizing and diminishing sports actually makes a lot of sense, as sports has traditionally been such a positive force towards bringing people together and forgetting their differences; which is anathema towards the progressive agenda.

So, perhaps ruining sports for the majority of people is the actual goal.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Quit trying to make me care about women’s sports...1st 6 Olympic stories are women’s sports.

Basketball....Soccer..softball...tennis...protesti ng shot putter or whatever she was....gymnastics

Beyond ignorant. Say hi to your mom for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

Be sure to sun your balls

Load Metric

Well, if you believe that a major goal of progressivism is to divide people by race; than polticizing and diminishing sports actually makes a lot of sense, as sports has traditionally been such a positive force towards bringing people together and forgetting their differences; which is anathema towards the progressive agenda.

If it were Opposite Day you’d be spot on.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

If it were Opposite Day you’d be spot on.
    The more I thought of this thread (ugh) the more I realized how wrong it was in many ways. The sports lineup is dictated by the IOC. The events are pre-planned as in when the are held.

Do you think ESPN is ignoring Men’s basketball in favour of men’s gymnastics or women’s rowing?

The whole women’s events not worth watching comment tells me you are not a true sports fan.

Bringing U.S.A. political theories into the story reflects poorly on you (idiot)
    or America in general ( messed up divided “country” ).

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Beyond ignorant. Say hi to your mom for me.
    Do you know a good place to have a seance?

Thread Information