Thread: I just watched all 20 mins of this

Load Metric

I just watched all 20 mins of this

Absolute fkn legend. Basically nothing will ever match oldschool 480p HSP vibes ever again.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Absolute fkn legend. Basically nothing will ever match oldschool 480p HSP vibes ever again.

Agreed, but Doyle was just a part of it. Ten others I could name and Doyle would not matter

What a man btw to sit through a complete 20 minutes of anything
    Hats off you weirdo
    Last edited by limitles; 07-21-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Load Metric
    I’m 20 minutes into the Naomi Osaka Netflix doc. You will appreciate it Krypt

Fantastic. It’s not a biographically piece (she’s only 23) but a coming of age thing. You witness her sorting things out in the context of her past. Lots of home movies..

It just completed so there is the passing of her mentor Kobe Bryant and the pandemic etc etc. It’s a LeBron production - the least introspective person I can think of. Kinda ironical fun

She describes her style of play as “instinctive”. Her personality as a “follower”. When the fame hit she started to think. She was uncomfortable being on top.

Just tremendous.

I’ll watch the Doyle doc. I’m a forward looking guy. I don’t dwell on the past unless someone has some new insights to offer. I actually don’t think Doyle does either.

I wonder if I still have SuperSystem in the basement.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I’m 20 minutes into the Naomi Osaka Netflix doc. You will appreciate it Krypt

Fantastic. It’s not a biographically piece (she’s only 23) but a coming of age thing. You witness her sorting things out in the context of her past. Lots of home movies..

It just completed so there is the passing of her mentor Kobe Bryant and the pandemic etc etc. It’s a LeBron production - the least introspective person I can think of. Kinda ironical fun

She describes her style of play as “instinctive”. Her personality as a “follower”. When the fame hit she started to think. She was uncomfortable being on top.

Just tremendous.

I’ll watch the Doyle doc. I’m a forward looking guy. I don’t dwell on the past unless someone has some new insights to offer. I actually don’t think Doyle does either.

I wonder if I still have SuperSystem in the basement.
    If the story is compelling and you enjoy watching it, more power. However, I would be cautious treating it as non fiction. I believe she really has mental health issues she is working through, but first and foremost she is an employee/spokesman for Nike, and they are controlling the message, and probably being very liberal with the truth in doing so.

Load Metric
    LeBron is corporate and LeBron is Nike. I said previous I am well aware this is LeBron money.

I’m still working on it. When I pick it back up I will certainly be alert as I am a cynic.

To this point I didn’t detect it. She is the highest grossing female athlete so there is a lot going on that front, admittedly.

However, she IS walking away from stuff.

Trying to divine her mental state and how this developed is exactly the point. There are no sit down interviews. The camera was allowed to follow. Thousands of hours of home movies. It would be kinda impossible for Nike to control the narrative

The director is hot off another liberal type story about someone unjustly incarcerated. Doesn’t feel corporate.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-21-2021 at 08:21 PM.

Load Metric
    LeBron is corporate and LeBron is Nike. I said previous I am well aware this is LeBron money.

I’m still working on it. When I pick it back up I will certainly be alert as I am a cynic.

To this point I didn’t detect it. She is the highest grossing female athlete so there is a lot going on that front, admittedly.

However, she IS walking away from stuff.

Trying to divine her mental state and how this developed is exactly the point. There are no sit down interviews. The camera was allowed to follow. Thousands of hours of home movies. It would be kinda impossible for Nike to control the narrative

The director is hot off another liberal type story about someone unjustly incarcerated. Doesn’t feel corporate.
    Lol the mental state is "you're a 4 with small tits". the tranny will probably outsell her SI swimsuit cover.

Now, how can you make as much money as Kournikova or Sharapova? Create a lane.

She's a champ for the anxious. Good for her. I don't believe any of it is true.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

She's a champ for the anxious.
    That is gold.

Sharapova and Kournakova were so early aughts. You see the women handball players protesting their skimpy bikinis? The trans SI cover. Now Osaka prolly trending #1 on Netflix.

I used to bet a lot of tennis and “reading the spot” was important to me. Maybe it was everything.

Men’s Shapovalov is a prime example of otherworldly talent with a 5 cent head that you fade.

Lol, Osaka is a champion for our times.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

She's a champ for the anxious.
    That is gold.

Sharapova and Kournakova were so early aughts. You see the women handball players protesting their skimpy bikinis? The trans SI cover. Now Osaka prolly trending #1 on Netflix.

I used to bet a lot of tennis and “reading the spot” was important to me. Maybe it was everything.

Men’s Sharapova is a prime example of otherworldly talent with a 5 cent head that you fade.

Lol, Osaka is a champion for our times.
    I mean she/her people know the gen Z crowd. Take the least desirable part of your job, refuse to do it because you claim it causes you mental anguish.

Best business move she ever made.

Meanwhile she's posing in her own swimwear line on insta, cause obviously that doesnt make her nervous.

Load Metric
    This is better than the doc

Think of the Brunson story and then consider Osaka. Guy was getting shot at and robbed.

Osaka: The fame was too much and I feel so lonely rattling around in my mega mansion

Brunson doesn’t play in 2021 unless you’re Krypt. He seems to appreciate history
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-21-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Gen Z did run pretty bad though.

Load Metric
    They are the loudest now though. They can be whatever they dream of being.

Load Metric
    I remember as a kid, my parents getting me a subscription to SI for Kids. What a magazine. I learned that to be like Michael Jordan, I just had to take my vitamins, work hard, and DARE to say no to drugs.

I think Hulk Hogan told me the same thing on TV, but anyway.

Osaka now can tell kids...hey, i'm cool winning big televised tournaments in front of 20k live, but sitting down in a room with 30 reporters just makes me feel icky. DONT DO ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU FEEL ICKY.

Different generations, eh?

Did anyone ever ask Monica Seles her thoughts on Osaka feeling anxious about talking to reporters? Cause that would be solid gold.
    Last edited by gut; 07-21-2021 at 10:27 PM.

Load Metric
    Oh yeah and Krypt, yeah Doyle was cool, gj, tight thread.

Load Metric
    Generation-X is the most important Generation Alive now. Yeah we'll have to deal with this Liberal, anti-establishment, Liberal leaning Millennial kids but we got this...

Gen-X is smart and tough

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Generation-X is the most important Generation Alive now. Yeah we'll have to deal with this Liberal, anti-establishment, Liberal leaning Millennial kids but we got this...

Gen-X is smart and tough
    First time those words have been spoken by anyone.

Thread Information