Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have this white line going across my screen

Load Metric

I have this white line going across my screen

DOEs anyone know what this is? Maybe it's not white. because my background is white now and i can see it. AM I fucked?

Anyone?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    DOEs anyone know what this is? Maybe it's not white. because my background is white now and i can see it. AM I fucked?

Anyone?
    I don't know what it is, but your not fucked, replacement LED's are only 60 dollars for just about any laptop and they take less than 15 minutes to install...

I have used these guys 3 times and have always had a great experience

http://www.laptopscreen.com

Computer or TV screen? A year ago my TV screen started to show a white line when you would turn it on. Eventually it got worse and I called to get it fixed. It would have cost more to fix it than it's worth, which fucking sucks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    Computer or TV screen? A year ago my TV screen started to show a white line when you would turn it on. Eventually it got worse and I called to get it fixed. It would have cost more to fix it than it's worth, which fucking sucks.

laptop. THinking about riding it out til it gets too bad and just buy a new/cooler one in asia.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    The white line is a common problem with LCD screens. That is a tell tale sign that your LCD is overheating. How old is your system?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    The white line is a common problem with LCD screens. That is a tell tale sign that your LCD is overheating. How old is your system?

maybe a year, tops.

Load Metric

maybe a year, tops.
    If it is then it is probably covered under warranty and they should replace the LCD free of charge.
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric

maybe a year, tops.
    If it is then it is probably covered under warranty and they should replace the LCD free of charge.

I wish I wasn't worthless and knew how to do that

Load Metric

Is it a Dell, HP, Sony etc???

Load Metric

IT's a Dell I bought from Best Buy

Load Metric

http://www.dell.com/support/troubles...roductSelector

There you type in the Service Tag number which is located on the bottom of the laptop. There it will tell you if it is still under warranty and how many days left in the warranty there are. There might also be a recall so you might want to contact their customer support to check on if it is a known issue if it is not covered under warranty.

Load Metric

There you type in the Service Tag number which is located on the bottom of the laptop. There it will tell you if it is still under warranty and how many days left in the warranty there are. There might also be a recall so you might want to contact their customer support to check on if it is a known issue if it is not covered under warranty.

Warranty Information
    [0] days remaining on your Rapid Response Depot warranty. See the Warranty Tab for details
    [0] days remaining on your Limited Technical Support warranty. See the Warranty Tab for details

Am I fucked?

Load Metric
    It is always worth a call to them. Dell usually has the best customer support. If it was an HP it would have been an automatic your fucked response from me.

Load Metric
    Standing in best buy waiting for the geek squad.

Cool story

Load Metric

Warranty Information
    [0] days remaining on your Rapid Response Depot warranty. See the Warranty Tab for details
    [0] days remaining on your Limited Technical Support warranty. See the Warranty Tab for details

Am I fucked?
    1. call Dell but don't tell them you have a problem
    2. try to buy a one or two year extended warranty whatever they decide to sell you
    3. it's worked for me in the past, it's worth a try
    4. if they sell you an extended warranty call them a few weeks later with your white line problem bada bing bada bam
    5. they may have a 30 day exclusion policy for claims on an extended warranty sold after the warranty expired, make sure to check into that

GL and bty i used to love Dell they used to be a very good Company but the last laptop they built for me 3 years ago was terribad, will never buy from them again
    just keep in mind when you buy a Dell from Walmart it's basically a throw away after two years or sooner
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

Warranty Information

Am I fucked?
    2. try to buy a one or two year extended warranty whatever they decide to sell you
    4. if they sell you an extended warranty call them a few weeks later with your white line problem bada bing bada bam
    5. they may have a 30 day exclusion policy for claims on an extended warranty sold after the warranty expired, make sure to check into that

GL and bty i used to love Dell they used to be a very good Company but the last laptop they built for me 3 years ago was terribad, will never buy from them again
    just keep in mind when you buy a Dell from Walmart it's basically a throw away after two years or sooner

Yes, you are fucked as far as the original warranty goes. Dell will NOT make exceptions, even if you're just one day over warranty and have purchased computers from them regularly for the past 20 years.

Rollo is correct that Dell has gone to shit. This includes both customer service and product quality.

All of their customer service is now outsourced to India. You used to be able to call up the sales department (which was based in the US) and talk them into forcing the customer service department into making exceptions for you, but since that has also been outsourced, that no longer works.

The computers themselves are not reliable, and with them taking such a hard-ass stance on their warranty, you can often kiss your machine goodbye shortly after a year passes. Sure, you can buy extended warranties, but those are expensive and lowers the value of purchasing Dell in the first place.

Dell only provided two advantages:

1) Ability to customize
    2) Very good value (if you knew what you were doing when ordering)

#2 is pretty much gone.

Anyway, yeah, try ordering an extended warranty and then having them fix this when it's in place (obviously not mentioning the problem when you order it).

I don't even see any moral problem with doing this, because Dell has been building unreliable computers in recent years (and obviously don't tell you this when you purchase them), so if you can trick them into fixing the problem for free after the warranty is over, I am all for it.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

Yes, you are fucked as far as the original warranty goes. Dell will NOT make exceptions, even if you're just one day over warranty and have purchased computers from them regularly for the past 20 years.

Rollo is correct that Dell has gone to shit. This includes both customer service and product quality.

All of their customer service is now outsourced to India. You used to be able to call up the sales department (which was based in the US) and talk them into forcing the customer service department into making exceptions for you, but since that has also been outsourced, that no longer works.

The computers themselves are not reliable, and with them taking such a hard-ass stance on their warranty, you can often kiss your machine goodbye shortly after a year passes. Sure, you can buy extended warranties, but those are expensive and lowers the value of purchasing Dell in the first place.

1) Ability to customize

#2 is pretty much gone.

Anyway, yeah, try ordering an extended warranty and then having them fix this when it's in place (obviously not mentioning the problem when you order it).

I don't even see any moral problem with doing this, because Dell has been building unreliable computers in recent years (and obviously don't tell you this when you purchase them), so if you can trick them into fixing the problem for free after the warranty is over, I am all for it.
    Its so absurdly easy to build your own computer these days I don't know why more people don't do it. Buy parts direct and spend a couple hours plugging shit in. You don't have to be some sort of engineer just have a little bit of patience and common sense

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

1) Ability to customize

#2 is pretty much gone.

Its so absurdly easy to build your own computer these days I don't know why more people don't do it. Buy parts direct and spend a couple hours plugging shit in. You don't have to be some sort of engineer just have a little bit of patience and common sense
    That is true when it comes to a desktop system. Laptops are all proprietary parts.

Load Metric
    I had the same problem on my Toshiba laptop but it ended up being an easy fix with a video card driver update.

Thread Information