Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Daniel Negreanu comes on Doug Polk’s Podcast….cordial discussion breaks out

  1. #1
    Gold JeffDime's Avatar
    Reputation
    859
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Brick City, USA
    Posts
    1,548

    Daniel Negreanu comes on Doug Polk’s Podcast….cordial discussion breaks out

    I wasn’t looking for fireworks here. I figured it would be a pretty cordial discussion. You won’t waste your time watching the podcast and it’s good to see them getting along. I was just a bit disappointed in the discussion. I really wasn’t very interested in hearing breakdowns of hands between Negreanu and Helmuth in the heads up Duel. I can’t imagine many viewers were keen to hear that either.

    Doug plugs the shit out of Upswing Poker to the point it is a running gag throughout the podcast. This will get plenty of views regardless. I just think the topics were a bit mundane. They both really pulled their punches when they talked briefly about their feud at the end. I wasn’t looking for blood here, but still a bit disappointing.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    I wasn’t looking for fireworks here. I figured it would be a pretty cordial discussion. You won’t waste your time watching the podcast and it’s good to see them getting along. I was just a bit disappointed in the discussion. I really wasn’t very interested in hearing breakdowns of hands between Negreanu and Helmuth in the heads up Duel. I can’t imagine many viewers were keen to hear that either.

    Doug plugs the shit out of Upswing Poker to the point it is a running gag throughout the podcast. This will get plenty of views regardless. I just think the topics were a bit mundane. They both really pulled their punches when they talked briefly about their feud at the end. I wasn’t looking for blood here, but still a bit disappointing.

    I think these two are frauds and take us all for idiots. Doug calls everyone out for angle shooting, cheating, and whatever else he wants to but then promotes ACR which is a completely rigged website and yet he never mentions that. They don't mention it and make anyone who claims that a site is rigged is a conspiracy theorist etc when it's the only topic that should be discussed until something is done about these sites that are robbing and cheating players out of their money with bots that they own that can see your cards and run like god. I played on GG and Daniel called himself the ambassador and Daniel should be ashamed of himself. That site is as bad as ACR. The poker community needs to come together and make these guys accountable.

  3. #3
    Gold JeffDime's Avatar
    Reputation
    859
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Brick City, USA
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post

    I think these two are frauds and take us all for idiots. Doug calls everyone out for angle shooting, cheating, and whatever else he wants to but then promotes ACR which is a completely rigged website and yet he never mentions that. They don't mention it and make anyone who claims that a site is rigged is a conspiracy theorist etc when it's the only topic that should be discussed until something is done about these sites that are robbing and cheating players out of their money with bots that they own that can see your cards and run like god. I played on GG and Daniel called himself the ambassador and Daniel should be ashamed of himself. That site is as bad as ACR. The poker community needs to come together and make these guys accountable.

    Unless I totally missed something Doug does not promote ACR or any other poker site. In fact, to my knowledge he has never been a sponsored pro to any poker website and I am sure he has been offered to be one in some capacity because of his following. You can criticize Doug for a lot of things, but I think you’re missing the boat on this one.

    As for GG poker and Daniel being “ashamed” of himself, I have never played on the site but I don’t blame Daniel for being an ambassador for the site. When they did their challenge they did it on WSOP.com. I just don’t get the harsh criticism. He is in a position to get the deal and I don’t blame him for doing so. He also doesn’t just get the check and run. It seems like he does a lot of work with GG behind the scenes.

    Looking back on the podcast, I will say it may be that the two of them already openly share their opinions on basically everything in the poker world (except Dan Colman being scammed of course) and that’s why the topics seemed underwhelming to me. I think my expectations were to get a little bit more behind the scenes stuff and a little less of the technical poker stuff. Maybe my initial criticism was slightly over done. But I don’t play professionally anymore and have no plans to again. So maybe I’m not the targeted audience.

  4. #4
    I apologize for my previous post because I can see what you mean by not understanding where I was coming from. I didn't want to derail your post and go on about some other things that would have better explained why I feel like I do. I will give a real brief summary of what I mean.

    Here are a couple links to videos that I had previously seen that Doug did and I consider this promoting ACR.
    Doug Polk Prepares for High Stakes CHALLENGE


    Doug Plays Heads Up Match With Phil Nagy



    Ryan Fees who is the co-founder of Upswing Poker has endorsed them.

    Ran up $10,000 into $100,000 on ACR


    I find it hard to believe that I know something about the Winning Poker Network that Doug doesn't. I know that WPN is rigged and I believe that the bots are owned by WPN and these bots can see your cards and the RNG is not random, hands are set up, and these bots all run like God on top of knowing what cards you are holding.

    I don't know if you have played on WPN. I know that WPN is rigged and I found the games on GG to play out the same way as ACR. The games center around my cards instead of players playing their cards. What I mean is, everytime you make a hand, the opponent check folds, rarely getting called by worse hand on the river, getting 3-bet when you raise with 44 or 7-8 of diamonds but never when you have AA or KK. Always flopping bottom or middle pair and then when you do flop top pair, its because your opponent has a set or flopped two pair. I can barely think of being called with a worse hand on the river or even getting 3-bet with AA or flopping a set and stacking someone who has an over pair. These things don't happen on GG or WPN and it's only one reason why I believe that these sites use bots that they own and they use them to steal and cheat players out of their money.

    I just see a couple of pros who scam the poker community by not talking about what these sites are doing. Doug said that anyone who thinks the sites are rigged are the "worst kind of people" and said that a site super using you or rigging flops was "an absurdly stupid" idea. Daniel said that online is not rigged and that online is "even more random" than live. I just think that these pros have to know what is going but never talk about it and dismiss anyone who does. I honestly don't understand how every conversation doesn't revolve around this topic if these people were who they say they are.

  5. #5
    Platinum ftpjesus's Avatar
    Reputation
    435
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    2,956
    Quote Originally Posted by randomguy View Post
    I apologize for my previous post because I can see what you mean by not understanding where I was coming from. I didn't want to derail your post and go on about some other things that would have better explained why I feel like I do. I will give a real brief summary of what I mean.

    Here are a couple links to videos that I had previously seen that Doug did and I consider this promoting ACR.
    Doug Polk Prepares for High Stakes CHALLENGE


    Doug Plays Heads Up Match With Phil Nagy



    Ryan Fees who is the co-founder of Upswing Poker has endorsed them.

    Ran up $10,000 into $100,000 on ACR


    I find it hard to believe that I know something about the Winning Poker Network that Doug doesn't. I know that WPN is rigged and I believe that the bots are owned by WPN and these bots can see your cards and the RNG is not random, hands are set up, and these bots all run like God on top of knowing what cards you are holding.

    I don't know if you have played on WPN. I know that WPN is rigged and I found the games on GG to play out the same way as ACR. The games center around my cards instead of players playing their cards. What I mean is, everytime you make a hand, the opponent check folds, rarely getting called by worse hand on the river, getting 3-bet when you raise with 44 or 7-8 of diamonds but never when you have AA or KK. Always flopping bottom or middle pair and then when you do flop top pair, its because your opponent has a set or flopped two pair. I can barely think of being called with a worse hand on the river or even getting 3-bet with AA or flopping a set and stacking someone who has an over pair. These things don't happen on GG or WPN and it's only one reason why I believe that these sites use bots that they own and they use them to steal and cheat players out of their money.

    I just see a couple of pros who scam the poker community by not talking about what these sites are doing. Doug said that anyone who thinks the sites are rigged are the "worst kind of people" and said that a site super using you or rigging flops was "an absurdly stupid" idea. Daniel said that online is not rigged and that online is "even more random" than live. I just think that these pros have to know what is going but never talk about it and dismiss anyone who does. I honestly don't understand how every conversation doesn't revolve around this topic if these people were who they say they are.
    I need to interject here but there are plenty of bot options players can use on WPN including the Shankey Bots and profiles written in modified OpenHoldem. Could WPN be super user bot infested maybe but I doubt it. I think it’s just the same shit Chicago Joey exposed awhile back still going on.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 356
    Last Post: 07-22-2021, 10:21 AM
  2. Replies: 224
    Last Post: 05-10-2021, 01:20 AM
  3. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 06-05-2018, 12:27 PM
  4. Micon to appear on Doug Polk's podcast
    By MrTickle in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 04-18-2018, 04:30 PM
  5. Doug Polk trolling Negreanu at WSOP with a t-shirt
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 11-18-2017, 09:53 PM

Tags for this Thread