Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Layne Flack donkdown

Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Guy was a world class scumbag

There is a famous story ( cant remember the exact details) where he walked into a PLO game @ Bellagio and said like 10,000 behind and sent a runner to get chips. Went all in or something and won a big pot. Runner comes back with the chips and he was broke and could not pay for the chips

Also here he is running with Russ Hamilton right after the UB scandal. As the camera guy approaches he dips out

With that said this was the normal behavior back then and what gave all of these scumbags some mystique to the casual observer
    I was contacted from someone in his family earlier and they gave me the news that he had passed away. He was one of the guys that I had gotten to know pretty well on a personal level over the past 10 years and it really hit home today on how fast this cancer shit destroyed him but he fought it off like a champ and did everything he could.

He was a guy who started off as a bottom feeder back in the glory days of poker and turned a small investment into millions and his character went from not so great to one of the best and most trustworthy guys that I knew. His generosity was second to none as he put me in several WSOP events ( even offered to put me in the 50k PPC a couple times!) and gave me a ton of advice that really helped me get better on multiple levels over the years.

With that said , one of the last things he asked me was when the time came that I make a thread for him and he hoped that everyone respected his familys privacy.
    LOL.

While I'm sure that Druff's going rate for complicity in a death hoax has been slashed now that his integrity has been destroyed, it's supremely unlikely that Layne could ever meet his threshold.

What's troubling is were a page in and Druff has yet to chime in with a personal anecdote. Hope he's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

Layne Flack was a great poker player and a terrific guy to hangout with.

Layne smoked a lot of cigars, drank a lot of alcohol, used drugs on occasion, he didn't really exercise very much and neglected his health.

There comes a time when you get to a certain age and you just can't get away with that shit anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Layne Flack was a great poker player and a terrific guy to hangout with.

Layne smoked a lot of cigars, drank a lot of alcohol, used drugs on occasion, he didn't really exercise very much and neglected his health.

There comes a time when you get to a certain age and you just can't get away with that shit anymore.

at 2 minutes, "Two of the hardest things to do in the world are to go to sleep and wake up. I never want to go to sleep and I never want to wake up".

Damn that's heavy. He seemed like an alright dude to me.

he seemed depressed.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Probably blew through all the covid scam money for fake businesses and realized even Joe isnít giving more anytime soon.

Lived a good life, canít ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Guy was a world class scumbag

There is a famous story ( cant remember the exact details) where he walked into a PLO game @ Bellagio and said like 10,000 behind and sent a runner to get chips. Went all in or something and won a big pot. Runner comes back with the chips and he was broke and could not pay for the chips

Also here he is running with Russ Hamilton right after the UB scandal. As the camera guy approaches he dips out

With that said this was the normal behavior back then and what gave all of these scumbags some mystique to the casual observer
    I was contacted from someone in his family earlier and they gave me the news that he had passed away. He was one of the guys that I had gotten to know pretty well on a personal level over the past 10 years and it really hit home today on how fast this cancer shit destroyed him but he fought it off like a champ and did everything he could.

He was a guy who started off as a bottom feeder back in the glory days of poker and turned a small investment into millions and his character went from not so great to one of the best and most trustworthy guys that I knew. His generosity was second to none as he put me in several WSOP events ( even offered to put me in the 50k PPC a couple times!) and gave me a ton of advice that really helped me get better on multiple levels over the years.

With that said , one of the last things he asked me was when the time came that I make a thread for him and he hoped that everyone respected his familys privacy.

Who the fuck cares you 16 foot ape.
    unbounded
    Never Forget

Was sorry to see this news. The guy seemed like a true character, a road man. Not many guys like him being born in the new generations

I would definitely like to hear more about the R or X-rated stories about Layne Flack and other old school poker players.

Ted Forrest looks like a guitarist from Seattle.

Comments

Jayjami: Forest is a dead ringer for Severus Snape!

What ever happened to Ted Forrests legal trouble ? Read that book about him and the cash game long time ago, good read

Thread Information