Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Layne Flack donkdown

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Guy was a world class scumbag

There is a famous story ( cant remember the exact details) where he walked into a PLO game @ Bellagio and said like 10,000 behind and sent a runner to get chips. Went all in or something and won a big pot. Runner comes back with the chips and he was broke and could not pay for the chips

Also here he is running with Russ Hamilton right after the UB scandal. As the camera guy approaches he dips out

With that said this was the normal behavior back then and what gave all of these scumbags some mystique to the casual observer
    I was contacted from someone in his family earlier and they gave me the news that he had passed away. He was one of the guys that I had gotten to know pretty well on a personal level over the past 10 years and it really hit home today on how fast this cancer shit destroyed him but he fought it off like a champ and did everything he could.

He was a guy who started off as a bottom feeder back in the glory days of poker and turned a small investment into millions and his character went from not so great to one of the best and most trustworthy guys that I knew. His generosity was second to none as he put me in several WSOP events ( even offered to put me in the 50k PPC a couple times!) and gave me a ton of advice that really helped me get better on multiple levels over the years.

With that said , one of the last things he asked me was when the time came that I make a thread for him and he hoped that everyone respected his familys privacy.
    LOL.

While I'm sure that Druff's going rate for complicity in a death hoax has been slashed now that his integrity has been destroyed, it's supremely unlikely that Layne could ever meet his threshold.

What's troubling is were a page in and Druff has yet to chime in with a personal anecdote. Hope he's ok.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Layne Flack was a great poker player and a terrific guy to hangout with.

Layne smoked a lot of cigars, drank a lot of alcohol, used drugs on occasion, he didn't really exercise very much and neglected his health.

There comes a time when you get to a certain age and you just can't get away with that shit anymore.

Comments

shoeshine box: looks troubled...sad video.. good guy.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Layne Flack was a great poker player and a terrific guy to hangout with.

Layne smoked a lot of cigars, drank a lot of alcohol, used drugs on occasion, he didn't really exercise very much and neglected his health.

There comes a time when you get to a certain age and you just can't get away with that shit anymore.

at 2 minutes, "Two of the hardest things to do in the world are to go to sleep and wake up. I never want to go to sleep and I never want to wake up".

Damn that's heavy. He seemed like an alright dude to me.

Load Metric
    he seemed depressed.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Probably blew through all the covid scam money for fake businesses and realized even Joe isn’t giving more anytime soon.

Lived a good life, can’t ask for more.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Guy was a world class scumbag

There is a famous story ( cant remember the exact details) where he walked into a PLO game @ Bellagio and said like 10,000 behind and sent a runner to get chips. Went all in or something and won a big pot. Runner comes back with the chips and he was broke and could not pay for the chips

Also here he is running with Russ Hamilton right after the UB scandal. As the camera guy approaches he dips out

With that said this was the normal behavior back then and what gave all of these scumbags some mystique to the casual observer
    I was contacted from someone in his family earlier and they gave me the news that he had passed away. He was one of the guys that I had gotten to know pretty well on a personal level over the past 10 years and it really hit home today on how fast this cancer shit destroyed him but he fought it off like a champ and did everything he could.

He was a guy who started off as a bottom feeder back in the glory days of poker and turned a small investment into millions and his character went from not so great to one of the best and most trustworthy guys that I knew. His generosity was second to none as he put me in several WSOP events ( even offered to put me in the 50k PPC a couple times!) and gave me a ton of advice that really helped me get better on multiple levels over the years.

With that said , one of the last things he asked me was when the time came that I make a thread for him and he hoped that everyone respected his familys privacy.

Who the fuck cares you 16 foot ape.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Was sorry to see this news. The guy seemed like a true character, a road man. Not many guys like him being born in the new generations

Load Metric
    I would definitely like to hear more about the R or X-rated stories about Layne Flack and other old school poker players.

Ted Forrest looks like a guitarist from Seattle.

Comments

Jayjami: Forest is a dead ringer for Severus Snape!

Gold
    Load Metric
    What ever happened to Ted Forrests legal trouble ? Read that book about him and the cash game long time ago, good read

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There's a Gofundme related to his daughter. I didn't even know he had a daughter.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-o...daughter-halie

And there's already a bunch of 4-figure donations from various known poker pros:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-o...alie/donations

Among the big donors: Erik Sagstrom (Erik123), Noah Boeken, Mike "Crazy Mike" Thorpe, Ben Lamb, Thang Luu, Chris MacFarland, Sorel Mizzi, Eli Elezra, Phil Hellmuth, and others.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Gofundme for his 30 year old daughter? The fuck?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Gofundme for his 30 year old daughter? The fuck?

To pay her mortgage...wtf...

Honor his legacy by paying her mortgage?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    What ever happened to Ted Forrests legal trouble ? Read that book about him and the cash game long time ago, good read
    When you are perpetually broke you never really have any legal trouble. The people he owes money to can sue him all they want, but they aren't getting anything.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    When you are perpetually broke you never really have any legal trouble. The people he owes money to can sue him all they want, but they aren't getting anything.
    Is that what's happening with Mike Postle?

If you own property, it can be seized or have a lien placed against it. If you have a bank account it can be seized or frozen. Does he own a car, plane or R.V.?

Just because they claim to be broke doesn't mean shit.

But yes it is always best to sue someone who has plenty of assets and money.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Forrest is an old school degenerate. Unless he has had some sort of Come to Jesus moment in the last 10 years and radically changed his life, the chances he has any assets to speak of are somewhere in the neighborhood of:

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 301
Size:  88.0 KB

This is a guy who sat down with his entire net worth to play short handed LHE (an extremely high variance game) under bankrolled. And that wasn't an isolated incident. That is just how he lived his life. And there is no evidence I have seen anything has changed. It is what it is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Flack’s friends and fans will gather at a Las Vegas bar, Brooksy’s Bar and Grill, on Friday, August 20

Wonder if Russ will be there lol

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2021/...-bar-39619.htm
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Forrest is an old school degenerate. Unless he has had some sort of Come to Jesus moment in the last 10 years and radically changed his life, the chances he has any assets to speak of are somewhere in the neighborhood of:

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 301
Size:  88.0 KB

This is a guy who sat down with his entire net worth to play short handed LHE (an extremely high variance game) under bankrolled. And that wasn't an isolated incident. That is just how he lived his life. And there is no evidence I have seen anything has changed. It is what it is.

oh no how could he.

lmao dude he used to sit at flynt's 10k/20k private stud game with his whole role on the table every chance he got.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Gold
    Load Metric
    How do you know brother? Did you play in this game brother or did you associate with this fellow? Big man are you a card player? I ask respectfully brother I don’t know what circles you ran in

Load Metric
    How do you know brother? Did you play in this game brother or did you associate with this fellow? Big man are you a card player? I ask respectfully brother I don’t know what circles you ran in

it is known.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    tbh,imo, ted forrest plays better on case $ than when flush....
    same with Johnny world...hennigan.

Comments

sonatine: this is definitely a vibe

Thread Information