Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
Guy was a world class scumbag

There is a famous story ( cant remember the exact details) where he walked into a PLO game @ Bellagio and said like 10,000 behind and sent a runner to get chips. Went all in or something and won a big pot. Runner comes back with the chips and he was broke and could not pay for the chips

Also here he is running with Russ Hamilton right after the UB scandal. As the camera guy approaches he dips out

With that said this was the normal behavior back then and what gave all of these scumbags some mystique to the casual observer
I was contacted from someone in his family earlier and they gave me the news that he had passed away. He was one of the guys that I had gotten to know pretty well on a personal level over the past 10 years and it really hit home today on how fast this cancer shit destroyed him but he fought it off like a champ and did everything he could.

He was a guy who started off as a bottom feeder back in the glory days of poker and turned a small investment into millions and his character went from not so great to one of the best and most trustworthy guys that I knew. His generosity was second to none as he put me in several WSOP events ( even offered to put me in the 50k PPC a couple times!) and gave me a ton of advice that really helped me get better on multiple levels over the years.

With that said , one of the last things he asked me was when the time came that I make a thread for him and he hoped that everyone respected his familys privacy.
LOL.

While I'm sure that Druff's going rate for complicity in a death hoax has been slashed now that his integrity has been destroyed, it's supremely unlikely that Layne could ever meet his threshold.

What's troubling is were a page in and Druff has yet to chime in with a personal anecdote. Hope he's ok.