Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo/Video editing help needed/appreciated in bringing a criminal to justice.

Load Metric

Photo/Video editing help needed/appreciated in bringing a criminal to justice.

Hello,

Yesterday a good friend of mine broke the bad news that his house had been burglarized. His wife and kids were in shock, the whole situation was surreal. Having been through it three times now I feel for the guy, and his family. According to what we know and have seen the perps spent roughly 40 minutes rummaging around his house. They went through everything, bedding the freezer all cupboards, whatever you can think of. If you have been through this sort of thing you can empathize, the feeling is very unsettling- like everywhere you go in your house, you feel like a stranger has been there, it's a creepy and insecure feeling. MY buddy is in bad shape, angry and frustrated at the feeling of knowing some deadbeat was rummaging around through his wifes clothing, his 6 year old daughter's etc. To make things worse SJPD is not really giving a fuck. We are white middle class people, he lives in a pretty nice house, I would think the police would care but without personal injury they really don't give a shit. We are more or less on our own.

What I/we have that is useful- the neighbor across the street has a motion activated surveillance camera. I have the video captures for the entire day and there are maybe 6-7 clips of varying length in which the perps can be seen. You can make out the car more or less, though I cannot be totally sure the make/model, and you can see a guy more or less, and this is where I am asking for help. There are some points in which you can see the front license plate but too far away to make out the numbers. You can at certain points make out the person but with not enough detail to determine identity. It's beyond frustrating and sadly, photo/editing is just not my forte. If possible I am just praying to get enough to give the cops to id the guy, maybe get some numbers off the license plate, anything useful. I have been talking to some of the neighbors and they all want to help. I THINK we might be able to get some more video from a different neighbor but I am not sure yet.

If you think you might be able to help, here or in PM please give me an email or something similar in which I can send you the videos. I can probably distill the footage (they are short clips of varying length, some are like 6 seconds some are 14 seconds) down to the most vital 3 and like I said, you can see, but not clearly, the car, the front license plate, the perpetrator. It's all just a touch away from being discernible enough to be usable. You can (I hope) understand the frustration here. I realize we don't have TOO MUCH to go on, but there' a bit, and I know some people out there have real talents in this field and can possibly work some magic that could help. I am not expecting any miracles here, though a miracle would certainly be very welcome and appreciated, but if we can just make out a license plate, a clear face, the make/model of the car, anything like that would be very awesome. Conversely if nothing can be done then we will just be thankful for the good will and keep hoping the cops will somehow come up with something. To be frank, if the guy doesn't turn himself in the cops aren't likely to be of any help, so this is really our best shot.

Load Metric
    Here are pictures from a different camera, the videos are from a different angle.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Load Metric
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Load Metric

Sorry I couldn't help it. That sucks for your buddy. I wish I had any kind of skills that could be of use but I don't.

Load Metric
    How many late 80's white Acura Legend Coupes are there in the area? Probably not too many. Lazy fucking cops.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    To make things worse SJPD is not really giving a fuck. We are white middle class they really don't give a shit. We are more or less on our own.
    It doesn't matter if you're white middle class or not, the police aren't going to care about burglaries. No offense to your friend of course. If he's been robbed 3 times in the past, why wouldn't he get a good security system? I hope they catch the guys but most of these douchebags continue doing robberies because if they don't get caught while it's in progress it's pretty much a freeroll. Good luck.

Load Metric
    No offense, Mikey, but what do you want anyone here to do? CSI isn't real. It's not possible to take a picture like this and magically increase the resolution to get a clear image of the guy and his license plate.

If these are the best images that you have of the guy and his car, he's screwed.

As for the cops. There is much that they can do. The guy(s) was, very likely, wearing gloves so he didn't leave behind any prints. They aren't going to send the crack CSI team out there and comb the scene for hair follicles or flakes of dandruff and, even if they did somehow find the person who did it, the goods that they stole are probably long gone by now. They didn't steal this stuff to keep for themselves, they probably drove it straight to a pawn shop and sold it all.

Sorry for your buddies loss but no one here is going to be able to help.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post

As for the cops. There is much that they can do. The guy(s) was, very likely, wearing gloves so he didn't leave behind any prints. They aren't going to send the crack CSI team out there and comb the scene for hair follicles or flakes of dandruff and, even if they did somehow find the person who did it, the goods that they stole are probably long gone by now.

Banned
    Load Metric

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post

Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    :lmao

One of the funniest photoshops ever

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Technology to unblur photos is becoming mainstream. Check out this vid:

On a more practical note, take a look at: http://www.focusmagic.com/tutorials/forensics.htm

Load Metric
    I can probably distill the footage
    Why would you distill the footage? Are you going to try to turn it into liquor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    You've never had homemade hard footage cider?

Load Metric
    photo needs the crack head in the back seat IMO

well done

Load Metric
    Oh fuck me. I was on edge and just praying for someone to piss me off so I can unload some stress and then...and then- YOU GO AND REDEEM YOURSELF after posting a bunch of useless crap THIS is actually pretty decent and funny. 8/10 which is very good.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsor Lockwood View Post
    To make things worse SJPD is not really giving a fuck. We are white middle class they really don't give a shit. We are more or less on our own.
    It doesn't matter if you're white middle class or not, the police aren't going to care about burglaries. No offense to your friend of course. If he's been robbed 3 times in the past, why wouldn't he get a good security system? I hope they catch the guys but most of these douchebags continue doing robberies because if they don't get caught while it's in progress it's pretty much a freeroll. Good luck.
    My friends wife and I have teamed up with about 20 neighbors to bring justice to this piece of shit. And you are right, the cops will not/can not do a whole heck of a lot- WITHOUT BETTER EVIDENCE. Which we are attempting to supply.

I (*ME*) have been burglarized three times over the years, not him. I break anything I touch and curse the blessed in this world so at least I know the bad guys who took my shit probably suffered in the long run.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    No offense, Mikey, but what do you want anyone here to do? CSI isn't real. It's not possible to take a picture like this and magically increase the resolution to get a clear image of the guy and his license plate.

If these are the best images that you have of the guy and his car, he's screwed.

As for the cops. There is much that they can do. The guy(s) was, very likely, wearing gloves so he didn't leave behind any prints. They aren't going to send the crack CSI team out there and comb the scene for hair follicles or flakes of dandruff and, even if they did somehow find the person who did it, the goods that they stole are probably long gone by now. They didn't steal this stuff to keep for themselves, they probably drove it straight to a pawn shop and sold it all.

Sorry for your buddies loss but no one here is going to be able to help.
    Fuck you man, csi is fucking real, it's on every week! And I was thinking more like NCIS.

Anyway the videos are from a totally different angle and camera but in truth- based on what you guys are saying- not much if any more useful.

This stinks. I will try to embed the videos here if I can. Grasping at straws it seems, but when a friend is in need it's better to exhaust all avenues imho.

I will try and get the vids up, or have them hosted. SH0uldn't take more than a couple minutes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    5/10 for poor execution and little if any creativity despite having a very viable base. You can do much better.

Thread Information