Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mason Malmuth has sold 2+2

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

Druff brother at this point you have to admit Sloppy Joe has your number brother
    Brother, he's a butthair-sniffing soyboy troll who won't reveal much about himself, which is par for the course. All we know is that he can't breathe right, his wife won't have sex with him since the baby was born, and he hates Portland but won't move out because he's cucked by Antifa like everyone else there.

Anyway, I'm enjoying posting in that thread, especially knowing that Mason is probably sitting there in his stained undershirt, rage-clicking where the ban button used to be, and wondering why it doesn't work anymore.
    Brother I believe now that he has been practicing daily sunning in the “Portland Sunmer” his wife has been putting out every night

Brother Druff perhaps you could try this in LA, your “gf” will love it

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Thank you brother, it's been life changing

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Guy is 70 years old and just made a pile of cash on the sale. I doubt he gives a shit about dying message board antics, other than he is probably flattered people are still talking about him.
    Seems he does care, becaues he's sticking around there and taking a beating, instead of riding off into the sunset and retiring from it.
    Brothers he is right. This “fatso” MoulMouth cares more than any of you could ever imagine

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow, one of the Russians claimed that it was a "7-figure deal".

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=423

Did these guys get confused regarding the Ruble-to-USD exchange rate or something? How could anyone pay over a million bucks for that trash heap?

Load Metric

Did these guys get confused regarding the Ruble-to-USD exchange rate or something? How could anyone pay over a million bucks for that trash heap?
    Money laundering.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Money laundering.
    Yeah I looked yesterday. Can’t think of much besides money laundering unless they’re actually the Russians who develop bots you see selling online. You’d have the greatest mailing list ever for that. Basically, if the site is still around in a year with no reports of them commoditizing it, I have to assume it’s money laundering.

I mean, how much more popular is 2+2 than this place now? Certainly still more traffic, but by how much? 10x? 20x? Whatever these guys are into, if I was Druff, I’d be friendly and not call them our Russian overlords. If whatever they’re doing is profitable, I wouldn’t blame him one bit for flipping this place for six figures if they ever came calling.

I assume there is a non-compete of some sort, but if it’s weak enough, Scalir can start a new one and Druff can “moderate.”

If you can make any money in the antiquated poker forum space, I’d grab that shit.

Comments

PROUDBOY MAGA 2024: Master Scalir rep !

Gold
    Load Metric
    Brothers this is indeed money laundering if they paid 7 figures. Even with a “mailing list” would be extremely hard to make that money back, probably not possible! Do you know what % of people even click emails let alone buy? How many emails from sign ups in 2007 are still active?

Druff I will have my team immediately contact the Russians to begin negotiations for the sale of PFA, standard commission rates apply, we will have a sale complete by the end of August

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

The bigger picture is starting to come into view.

They posted a job opening: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/5...ineer-1805715/

Software Engineer (.NET or React)

Refer a potential candidate, get $1k if we hire

Aloha friends🙂 We at 2+2 are exited to expand our team and bring new software engineers jedis to it.

2+2 is the biggest English speaking poker forum, it has existed for almost two decades.

Our vision as the new owners is to build a modern social network for poker professionals, crafted for intelligent discussion.

You can contact me directly via email - max@twoplustwo.com or Discord - Max01#4247.

Who are we looking for?
    You want to make 2+2 a better place.
    You are passionate about Poker. Being a poker pro in the past is a big plus.
    You want to work in a start-up creating a B2C product from scratch that will be used by millions of users.
    You want to build a social network for the poker community.

Who are we?

We are a team of software engineers building a start-up from the ground up on top of the existing userbase.

We see a real prospect of turning 2+2 into a popular Social Network that can be scaled onto other highly specialized communities.

What do we offer?
    Downtown Vancouver office. Flexible schedule. Remote position can be considered.
    Be part of a team creating social platform from scratch for existing userbase. No legacy code.
    Work for a Canadian B2C company on a global market
    No unnecessary meetings, bureaucracy or other time wasting activities🙂
    Modern tech stack
    Equity for key employees

Requirements
    Senior software developer with 5+ years of experience out of which at least 1 year experience with C# .NET backend or React frontend

So it looks like they bought it with the belief that they could convert it into some new modern poker social media platform. They probably wanted an existing userbase for it, so here we are.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    peculiar timing as I have just started that thread about their ownership.

I searched B2C start ups in Canada and I got this list

https://beststartup.ca/16-top-b2c-st...ies-in-canada/

i went down the list and tried to connect any of the contacts to big tech, banks etc. The first one I found with names led me to goldman sachs.
    https://www.aina.ai/about

if you notice a lot of these links are broken and redirect to the original article page. the site I listed has no affiliation with 2P2. I just did a general search from the information in the ad. B2C , Canada. the first link is squat with sparse info and what I did find, led me back to a cabal bank goldman sachs lets hope this B2C company is more popular than the 16 listed in this article

I'm sure if i kept digging I would find more links elsewhere but it's just the first example i found . The whole job ad is super vague and seems to be not a real job.

Is this a deflection tactic to seem like they are doing real things to the casual eye?

Hopefully I'm wrong and that whoever they hire , will be more beneficial to the community than someone like say..... Randy Lew?

Load Metric
    master3004 asked at 4:34 pm Thursday: Any particular reason you didn't include the salary for the position?

Reasonable question IMO. Still no public answer from 2+2.

Comes off as a bit shady.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Six pages of people fellating Mason, in response to the announcement.

Not one post asking about the new owners, or discussing the fact that they appear to be Russian.

Pretty sad. The old 2+2 would have been all over this, and unearthed everything about the new owners by now.
    Rampant Russian botting ruined online poker. Peops will never quit under any circumstances. Case and point I clicked on an avatar to get location and said Ukraine! 2 +2 had a big user base, could see them forming a new Poker site. Druff should definitely be hired in some sort of support figure. What a win win. They have legalized a few gambling sites here in Ny, nothing about poker though.
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 04-08-2022 at 07:47 AM.

Thread Information