Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mason Malmuth has sold 2+2

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Mason Malmuth has sold 2+2

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Malmuth
    Hi Everyone:

I have an important announcement to make. This website, www.twoplustwo.com has been sold. It’s hard to believe that it was 24 years ago when twoplustwo.com was launched, and at that time when we started with just one forum, we thought it was only fifty-fifty we would get a post. But here we are many years and over 60 million posts later, and it’s time for new younger people to take over and make this site better than it has ever been.

Many of you will be familiar with the new owners since they are the same people who have brought you the Hand2Note HUD which is highly thought of throughout the poker industry. And I expect them to post soon in this thread

Our reasons for selling twoplustwo.com at this time is simply that those of us, including myself, who run this site are getting old, and I’ll be 70 this fall. So, when the offer came in to sell the site to new younger people who are on top of all the latest programming technology and who should have the ability to make this site better than it ever was, we felt that the time was right and would be best for everyone, including those of you who are members of the Two Plus Two Community.

I want to give special thanks to those who helped with the launching of this site: David Sklansky, Chuck Weinstock, Mat Sklansky, and Ray Zee. I also want to thank Mike Johnson and Adam Schwartz who hosted our Two Plus Two PokerCast for many years, to Bryan “Dynasty” Clark who has been our magazine editor for the past fifteen years, to Steven McLoughlin for help with some of our most important marketing in the past, to Bob Holmes who has been our advertising representative for many years, to Kiera Goetz who has assisted us with some of our computer programming when we needed a lot of help, and to Mike Minkoff who has helped us with so many things I couldn’t begin to list them all. In addition, a special thanks goes to our volunteer moderators who have worked tirelessly to make this site as good as it could possibly be and to our advertisers who thanks to their support have allowed twoplustwo.com to exist.

Also, we’ll be going through a transition period, so Mat Sklansky, Chuck Weinstock, and myself will certainly be active for some time to come. After that, we’ll just be posters like everyone else (and I expect to be posting for a long time).

Best wishes,
    Mason
    https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...-sold-1792702/

The new owners are apparently the people who run the Hand2Note HUD.

https://hand2note.com/Home/AboutUs

From what I can find, the main guy at Hand2Note is Andrii Plakhotnyi, a Russian currently from Vancouver, BC.

This is a rather odd purchase for him. He doesn't seem to be a forum guy. Maybe he will use 2+2 to promote Hand2Note?

As soon as Mason is out of the picture there, I will look into returning to 2+2. Good riddance.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    What’s your guess on the price tag?

Comments

garrett: LOL.... Russian so I'd guess a LoT

Load Metric
    Did he write a book on how to manage a poker forum, with russian translation?

Load Metric
    Seems quite the oversight and petty to not mention your contributions to the site over the decades. I hope the Russian in Vancouver is merely a shell company of DRUFFCO holdings and you’ve swooped in and stole 2+2 away from Mason.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Seems quite the oversight and petty to not mention your contributions to the site over the decades. I hope the Russian in Vancouver is merely a shell company of DRUFFCO holdings and you’ve swooped in and stole 2+2 away from Mason.

Tenty years ago I still would not have cared

Load Metric
    Free Poker Fraud Alert!!!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Without 2+2 I never would have made it to these peripheral forums. I, like a lot of people, came to NWP on the Brandi thread. That was 2007 when she linked it from a NWP Micon thread. Imagine if I had not read that post in 2007, the trajectory of this site and my contributions would have never existed and Druff's site would not be as, well, rich. Say what you want about Mason, he developed a high traffic site from nothing, made a ton of money from it. It's not a shock a 70 year old man wants to retire.

Comments

herbertstemple: 2+2 was a gateway drug for me too.

Load Metric
    Mason still dunking on Druff selling his forum for 6 figures!

Gold
    Load Metric
    My understanding is a lot of the forum regulars already matriculated to another forum, because they felt Mason was too right wing for their tastes. Which is amusing given Mason gave these same people carte blanche to harass and permaban anyone with political views right of AOC (obviously I was a casualty of this), and the they packed up and left anyways.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Actually I got along with most of the mods. I didn't always agree with them or their actions, but generally we showed respect to one another and everything was fine.

It was Mason himself who was constantly a dick and starting up with me, and then of course he couldn't take what he dished out, and banned me for responding to his bullshit. I had tried to avoid interacting with him and didn't pick fights there, but it didn't matter. He was obsessed with bashing me and PFA, even in threads which had nothing to do with me, and in which I hadn't made an appearance. There's really something wrong with the guy.

It would be sweet if the new Russian owners end up treating him like anyone else, and he's fair game just like anyone else.

Comments

Pablo: F Mason

Load Metric
    I thought the mods ended up on 2+2 because they couldn't get a job as a towel boy in a $2 whore house.

Load Metric
    it's the only forum where I was ever like "I kinda wanna get banned from this place, fuck it," and all it took was one post to do it.

Fuck Mason Malmuth.

Load Metric
    How much did Mason Malmuth sell 2+2 for?

I doubt the Russians paid $100K for it.

Maybe the Russians took over the site with ransomware and instead of Mason paying, he just gave it to them.

Comments

shoeshine box: could be true.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Six pages of people fellating Mason, in response to the announcement.

Not one post asking about the new owners, or discussing the fact that they appear to be Russian.

Pretty sad. The old 2+2 would have been all over this, and unearthed everything about the new owners by now.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Actually I got along with most of the mods. I didn't always agree with them or their actions, but generally we showed respect to one another and everything was fine.

It was Mason himself who was constantly a dick and starting up with me, and then of course he couldn't take what he dished out, and banned me for responding to his bullshit. I had tried to avoid interacting with him and didn't pick fights there, but it didn't matter. He was obsessed with bashing me and PFA, even in threads which had nothing to do with me, and in which I hadn't made an appearance. There's really something wrong with the guy.

It would be sweet if the new Russian owners end up treating him like anyone else, and he's fair game just like anyone else.

He stopped into BBJP thread when you were trying to help me get paid, to try and derail thread to personally attack you.

He should have banned himself for that.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    He must have been offered a nice amount of money because with all his admins running shit Mason didn't have to do too much.

Hopefully the new owners will carry on and improve it.

BuhBye Mason!

Best Wishes,

BNP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    He must have been offered a nice amount of money because with all his admins running shit Mason didn't have to do too much.

BuhBye Mason!

Best Wishes,

BNP
    Where you been? In jail or something?

Comments

dwai: lol
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    How much did Mason Malmuth sell 2+2 for?

I doubt the Russians paid $100K for it.

Maybe the Russians took over the site with ransomware and instead of Mason paying, he just gave it to them.

I don’t think he’d sell for less than $100k

I would pay $10k to Druff right now for PFA and it’s not 1/10th the size of 2+2

Good for him. Don’t know much about the guy other than he’s a weird old guy. Is he the one Druff exposed for having a “disabled” girlfriend and the whole “tennis charity” thing? Or is that the other guy? The fat one?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

BuhBye Mason!

Best Wishes,

BNP
    Fair question minus the jab but I'll answer it.

I don't read this forum that much anymore and haven't since the cmoney cancer scandal.

While this place is full of trolling jokersters this is a subject that touches me personally losing a lot of family to cancer and it seemed like this forum ultimately suffered after this went down.

I've checked in a few times with posts since then but it always seemed like the same 10 people making up 85% of the posts.

Another thing is I don't follow poker much anymore except for random things I see on twitter.

I haven't listened to a pfa radio show in a really long time so it's not just avoiding the forum.

As far as radio goes I have no clue if any great moments on the show have happened in the past year since my interests have changed.

I hope everyone here is doing well regardless of those who may have disliked me for whatever reason it's all good I wish nothing but the best for you all.

It's forum bullshit that has zero meaning at the end of the day.

For the future who knows I may check in more or I may not I really don't know at the moment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Fair question minus the jab but I'll answer it.

I don't read this forum that much anymore and haven't since the cmoney cancer scandal.

While this place is full of trolling jokersters this is a subject that touches me personally losing a lot of family to cancer and it seemed like this forum ultimately suffered after this went down.

I've checked in a few times with posts since then but it always seemed like the same 10 people making up 85% of the posts.

Another thing is I don't follow poker much anymore except for random things I see on twitter.

I haven't listened to a pfa radio show in a really long time so it's not just avoiding the forum.

As far as radio goes I have no clue if any great moments on the show have happened in the past year since my interests have changed.

I hope everyone here is doing well regardless of those who may have disliked me for whatever reason it's all good I wish nothing but the best for you all.

It's forum bullshit that has zero meaning at the end of the day.

For the future who knows I may check in more or I may not I really don't know at the moment.
    is beer still one of your interests?

Thread Information