Decided it was the right time to make a forum comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Druff
Hello again, friends. Remember me? What a long, strange, forum trip it's been.

I figured it was time to pop my head in again because our esteemed Malmuthian curmudgeon is no longer at the reins.

I've been banned three times on this forum -- none because I broke any rules. The last ban -- in 2020 -- was after Mason himself actually had his attorney ask me to come back, and we had a legal agreement never to ban me unless I broke forum rules. He ended up banning me anyway -- in violation of our agreement -- for a joke about his precious tennis charity. Oh, the humanity!

But that's water under the bridge. That's not the reason I jumped into this conversation.

I see people are talking about the David Sklansky controversies of the 2000s.

Those are of interest to me because I was banned way back in 2008 exactly because of David's folllies.

You see, I had a friend named Bryan Micon, who was friends with Brandi Hawbaker. Brandi came to Micon about David's creepy antics, and Bryan exposed it all on his then-website, called Neverwinpoker. Everything Micon posted was true and correct, and he was mostly posting e-mails fed to him by Brandi. David was also aware Brandi was sending these e-mails to Micon, and kept sending them anyway, which always perplexed me.

So how do I figure into this? Well, that's my entire point -- I didn't!

I had nothing to do with any of this. I didn't know Brandi, and I didn't want to get involved in any of the drama. That was Micon's thing. However, I was a moderator on Neverwinpoker, so Mason banned me for guilt by association.

Mason stated at the time that I could only come back to 2+2 if I renounced my moderatorship on Neverwinpoker. He admitted at the time that I broke no rules, and I was simply removed for my association with that site. I can dig up the old posts from the archives if you guys want.

The worst thing is that Micon did nothing but expose the truth of what was going on. I'd somewhat understand this if Micon had been engaged in some sort of unfair hitpiece against David, but instead Micon was simply exposing what was happening.

That's why I was banned, and that's why I was off the forum for several years. That's also why Mason still holds a grudge against me to this day -- because I was friends with a guy who made his most lucrative author look bad.

And you know how Mason is with grudges. Once you're on his sh-t list, you never get off.

By the way, I haven't been friends with Micon in 10 years. Doesn't matter. Mason has long decided that I'm scum because I was friends with a guy who attempted to expose David's perversions in 2008.

I have a lot more, but I'll stop here for now.

Glad to be back.
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=885