Thread: Mason Malmuth has sold 2+2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Mason Malmuth has sold 2+2

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Malmuth
    Hi Everyone:

I have an important announcement to make. This website, www.twoplustwo.com has been sold. It’s hard to believe that it was 24 years ago when twoplustwo.com was launched, and at that time when we started with just one forum, we thought it was only fifty-fifty we would get a post. But here we are many years and over 60 million posts later, and it’s time for new younger people to take over and make this site better than it has ever been.

Many of you will be familiar with the new owners since they are the same people who have brought you the Hand2Note HUD which is highly thought of throughout the poker industry. And I expect them to post soon in this thread

Our reasons for selling twoplustwo.com at this time is simply that those of us, including myself, who run this site are getting old, and I’ll be 70 this fall. So, when the offer came in to sell the site to new younger people who are on top of all the latest programming technology and who should have the ability to make this site better than it ever was, we felt that the time was right and would be best for everyone, including those of you who are members of the Two Plus Two Community.

I want to give special thanks to those who helped with the launching of this site: David Sklansky, Chuck Weinstock, Mat Sklansky, and Ray Zee. I also want to thank Mike Johnson and Adam Schwartz who hosted our Two Plus Two PokerCast for many years, to Bryan “Dynasty” Clark who has been our magazine editor for the past fifteen years, to Steven McLoughlin for help with some of our most important marketing in the past, to Bob Holmes who has been our advertising representative for many years, to Kiera Goetz who has assisted us with some of our computer programming when we needed a lot of help, and to Mike Minkoff who has helped us with so many things I couldn’t begin to list them all. In addition, a special thanks goes to our volunteer moderators who have worked tirelessly to make this site as good as it could possibly be and to our advertisers who thanks to their support have allowed twoplustwo.com to exist.

Also, we’ll be going through a transition period, so Mat Sklansky, Chuck Weinstock, and myself will certainly be active for some time to come. After that, we’ll just be posters like everyone else (and I expect to be posting for a long time).

Best wishes,
    Mason
    https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...-sold-1792702/

The new owners are apparently the people who run the Hand2Note HUD.

https://hand2note.com/Home/AboutUs

From what I can find, the main guy at Hand2Note is Andrii Plakhotnyi, a Russian currently from Vancouver, BC.

This is a rather odd purchase for him. He doesn't seem to be a forum guy. Maybe he will use 2+2 to promote Hand2Note?

As soon as Mason is out of the picture there, I will look into returning to 2+2. Good riddance.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    What’s your guess on the price tag?

Comments

garrett: LOL.... Russian so I'd guess a LoT

Load Metric
    Did he write a book on how to manage a poker forum, with russian translation?

Load Metric
    Seems quite the oversight and petty to not mention your contributions to the site over the decades. I hope the Russian in Vancouver is merely a shell company of DRUFFCO holdings and you’ve swooped in and stole 2+2 away from Mason.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Seems quite the oversight and petty to not mention your contributions to the site over the decades. I hope the Russian in Vancouver is merely a shell company of DRUFFCO holdings and you’ve swooped in and stole 2+2 away from Mason.

Tenty years ago I still would not have cared

Load Metric
    Free Poker Fraud Alert!!!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information