Thread: the mayor of miami is openly proposing the united states engage in air strikes against cuba. you'll never guess what political party he's associated with.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

the mayor of miami is openly proposing the united states engage in air strikes against cuba. you'll never guess what political party he's associated with.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    What would Rumsfeld do?

We miss him already.

Load Metric
    LOL reminds me of a little thing the CIA once did

Comments

gut:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    I bet sonatine could never guess what political party fucked that up.

Comments

dwai:

splitthis:

MumblesBadly: *which

Gold
    Load Metric
    The mayor of Miami is the son of Cuban immigrants, who was born in Miami, and is a part of the giant Cuban expat community that despises the Communist regime. I think this is more personal for him (and playing to the local populace) and doesn't really fit neatly into the elephant vs donkey paradigm, and this is a bit of a reach.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Truman started the CIA but Eisenhower pulled the pin. Even Truman knew bad (inept) regime change shit was gonna happen.

Oh, gosh …. The inaugural C.I.A. regime change was a fuck up called the Bay of Pigs

The answer was Republican

Comments

MumblesBadly: When the CIA was truly the Deep State

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Truman started the CIA but Eisenhower pulled the pin. Even Truman knew bad (inept) regime change shit was gonna happen.

Oh, gosh …. The inaugural C.I.A. regime change was a fuck up called the Bay of Pigs

I don’t mean to rain on your GOP hate party but the Bay of Pigs happened in April 1961 and last time I checked JFK was POTUS and he was a Democrat.

Comments

dwai:

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

I don’t mean to rain on your GOP hate party but the Bay of Pigs happened in April 1961 and last time I checked JFK was POTUS and he was a Democrat.
    C.I.A. Chief Allen Dulles was installed by Eisenhower (R). Dulles drew Kennedy into the fiasco. Dulles and the Joint Chiefs were certain and gambled Kennedy would draw in the military. They wanted war with the Soviets. Kennedy passed.

Kennedy fired Dulles and his co-conspirators a few months after the abortive invasion, and told a friend that he wanted to “splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the winds.” The outrage was very obviously mutual.

Fun bonus:
    When Kennedy himself was assassinated on Nov. 22, 1963, it must have occurred to Truman – as it did to many others – that the disgraced Dulles and his unrepentant associates might not be above conspiring to get rid of a president they felt was soft on Communism and get even for their Bay of Pigs fiasco.

I kinda slow played that one ftp. Hope no bad feelings. Peace

Comments

MumblesBadly: History soothsayer

Load Metric

huh? before Bay of Pigs in 1961 the cia was involved in coups of Iran 1953, and Guatamala 1954 and the Congo 1960. And after the US was in on Dominican Republic (1961), South Vietnam (1963), Brazil (1964) and Chile (1973)...plus before the CIA came into being the US overthrew Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Phillipines, Nicaragua, Panama and a few others

indeed, there was a lot of meddling the US did that isn't taught in schools

Comments

sonatine: coge

dwai:
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

huh? before Bay of Pigs in 1961 the cia was involved in coups of Iran 1953, and Guatamala 1954 and the Congo 1960. And after the US was in on Dominican Republic (1961), South Vietnam (1963), Brazil (1964) and Chile (1973)...plus before the CIA came into being the US overthrew Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Phillipines, Nicaragua, Panama and a few others

indeed, there was a lot of meddling the US did that isn't taught in schools
    Inserting “Inaugural” was pretty stupid. Wonder why I did that

You’re right, Eisenhower, Dulles and the CIA has been hard at work since ‘53.

Limitles is right tho. I would not have bet on the US with nukes

Load Metric
    A lot of his constituents still have relatives in Cuba, guess they would just be collateral damage in the name of “freedom”.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    A lot of his constituents still have relatives in Cuba, guess they would just be collateral damage in the name of “freedom”.
    well, here we go, rich Cuban Americans want the US to overthrow Cuban govt & install them...yeah, lets have American men get killed for the future profits/business interests of wealthy...if those rich guys want more lucre, let them hire & supply a private army rather than beggar the US...and you can bet any US equipment given in support will have a large amount diverted to the middle east for cash kept by the Miami Cubans;

glad to see the appeal to spread democracy isn't working, and undoubtedly the next scare tactic is to claim the US needs to go in to keep China out...lies we've heard before
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    well, here we go, rich Cuban Americans want the US to overthrow Cuban govt & install them...yeah, lets have American men get killed for the future profits/business interests of wealthy...if those rich guys want more lucre, let them hire & supply a private army rather than beggar the US...and you can bet any US equipment given in support will have a large amount diverted to the middle east for cash kept by the Miami Cubans;

glad to see the appeal to spread democracy isn't working, and undoubtedly the next scare tactic is to claim the US needs to go in to keep China out...lies we've heard before
    Well, to stop the January 6th "insurrection" all the neoliberal elites had to do was murder one unarmed rioter and turn off Trump's twitter, and the Cuban government in contrast has brought in the military and turned off the internet. So based on their actions it seems the Cuban govt is a lot more worried about this than you are, or even our own Neoliberal elites are worried about the Trumpkin "insurrection".

Gold
    Load Metric
    I've read this entire thread. Some/most of your discussion has been very thoughtful and impressive to me. If the decision were mine I would leave Cuba to the Cubans. All this violence and war has not been good for us. I can think of many examples of this country, our country, dropping bombs or engaging in outright invasions where the end result has been a net negative. We spent a decade or so in Viet Nam then left in shame, dropping our helicopters into the sea on the way out. We are doing the exact same thing in Afghanistan after 20 years, leaving in defeat, as I see it. And, the worst of them all, we invaded Iraq under false pretense in 2003 and there we also still remain. Our soldiers sitting as targets and surrounded by people who hate them and wanted them gone a generation ago. The Cuban regime is no threat whatsoever to our country. Surely, there must be better ideas to help the Cuban people than to start reigning bombs down on their country. We have, in my opinion, lost the high road in setting expectations for how other countries treat their own people. This is a matter for the Cubans to resolve and they should and I think they will.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    I've read this entire thread. Some/most of your discussion has been very thoughtful and impressive to me. If the decision were mine I would leave Cuba to the Cubans. All this violence and war has not been good for us. I can think of many examples of this country, our country, dropping bombs or engaging in outright invasions where the end result has been a net negative. We spent a decade or so in Viet Nam then left in shame, dropping our helicopters into the sea on the way out. We are doing the exact same thing in Afghanistan after 20 years, leaving in defeat, as I see it. And, the worst of them all, we invaded Iraq under false pretense in 2003 and there we also still remain. Our soldiers sitting as targets and surrounded by people who hate them and wanted them gone a generation ago. The Cuban regime is no threat whatsoever to our country. Surely, there must be better ideas to help the Cuban people than to start reigning bombs down on their country. We have, in my opinion, lost the high road in setting expectations for how other countries treat their own people. This is a matter for the Cubans to resolve and they should and I think they will.
    cuba is the #1 exporter of pilfered american intelligence you absolute stone rube.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: adding the Cuban spying to the tenuous reasons range

Sanlmar: country978 was a grunt in your stupid war …. No rube
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information