Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer is a freak and a weird dude

Load Metric
    Suspended 2 seasons, 324 games.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Provided this holds up, the Dodgers will be receiving around $60m BACK, which is a huge win for them.

Load Metric
    Hope he wins every lawsuit he files and gets paid for the entire contract. 2 years is absolutely crazy when Chapman got 30 and used a firearm.

Comments

gut: yes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Provided this holds up, the Dodgers will be receiving around $60m BACK, which is a huge win for them.
    Really good for the Dodgers that Bauer is stubborn and didn't want to settle with the league, and instead is taking this all-or-nothing approach with the appeal.

I think the suspension is horribly excessive, but I wouldn't bet on him winning his appeal.

Load Metric
    After Watson situation, and now Bauer, the next super agent is going to ask for, and get, language about guaranteeing money if the league suspends a player where law enforcement takes a pass. The Browns basically circumvented it with the structure of their deal.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Knew being an outspoken, slightly autistic dickhead and talking shit about MLB was going to come back and bite him eventually.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Suspended 2 seasons, 324 games.
    Lol, had he just beaten the shit out of a few he probably gets like 1/4 of that suspension, if that. Punching vaginas likely did it, along with running his mouth.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    He had 1 good year or two with the Indians and is overpaid imo

Relative to his likely Pitching production himself minus the Team behind him hes overpaid imo. Chris Sale even tho on a terrible Team atm is an Ace has all of the ability, Max Scherzer of course an actual sub 3 ERA MLB Ace. Trevor Bauer and over many years is no Chris Sale he was on a decent team with the Indian's which makes him look better than he is. An actual 2-3 ERA over 15 Game+ pitchers aren't born everyday so, you should pay them few. Actual real proven too Aces like a Max Scherzer is for example, they aren't found all over so you should pay them few imo.. Sale/Kershaw/Strasburg are an actual MLB Ace pitcher for example, and of course like many things in life sometimes Pitchers have bad stretches could be the team injury. You need 2 Aces to win a MLB Championship 1 isn't enough..

7 and 5 Game Sample is Playoff Baseball

2 Aces pitch 4 of them 7 Games and lol gl having to face 2 actual Ace Pitchers in MLB playoffs when the pressure is on, and expecting to crush on of the few actual MLB Aces which im tellin you right now in Baseball pitchers matter. They keep the score down and the Game still winnable so muy importante obviously...

Comments

Sheesfaced: Really good points imo

Silver
    Load Metric
    There’s now a 3rd woman who’s come forward with allegations. She claims sex was consensual but during it he took it beyond the bounds of her consent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...e-accusations/

In any event he’s definitely a weird dude.

Load Metric
    Meanwhile DeShaun Watson, basically a documented serial predator, will get like a 4 game suspension in line with your standard DV case.

It's murky shit for leagues and teams to police; teams invest massively in these assholes and fans want results. Most are willing to stomach some wild shit but the Bauer details are a bridge too far, despite not even being criminal I think.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Meanwhile DeShaun Watson, basically a documented serial predator, will get like a 4 game suspension in line with your standard DV case.

It's murky shit for leagues and teams to police; teams invest massively in these assholes and fans want results. Most are willing to stomach some wild shit but the Bauer details are a bridge too far, despite not even being criminal I think.
    Don't forget that at the core here, these leagues are run by regular American people, with the same emotional tendencies as any other human. Bauer was/is a pain in the ass to MLB with his social media presence and criticisms. He BLATANTLY showed how sticky stuff helps. In a sport that loves its unwritten rules, Bauer breaks all of them.

This is similar to Gruden getting outed for those emails when he wasn't even the target of an investigation. NFL hates him, they jumped at that.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So far it looks like a freak being blackmailed by other freaks.

2 years is ridiculous.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Bauer released by the Dodgers. Today was the deadline for them to decide.

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1611517010554523649

I'd love to blame this on the woke fanbase of LA demanding this, or other wokes within the organization, but I can't.

In reality, some players were highly against his return, most notably good Christian boy Clayton Kershaw, and political conservative Max Muncy. I am not sure why Muncy felt so strongly (maybe he's also Christian?), but I can imagine that Kershaw was just completely disgusted by Bauer's shenanigans. Kershaw is married to his first and only girlfriend (together since high school), and is the guy I'd vote "least likely MLB player to cheat on his wife".

Load Metric
    Bauer will be a Colorado Rockie. Calling it now

Load Metric
    having trouble figuring out why anyone gives a fuck how this dude fucks his chicks, it's baseball.

literally throw/catch/hit the ball and run
    (this is a play on shut up and dribble)

football nigs don't care if a dude beats his wife, kills dogs, rapes or murders, same thing in basketball

Bauer seems pretty based to me

Name:  66f-1 (1).jpg
Views: 125
Size:  30.8 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If a chick gets off to being punched in the pussy and asks you to do it, then blackmails you for said punching.

Have you really done anything wrong? Does she belong in jail?

It’s an odd story all the way around.

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Bauer released by the Dodgers. Today was the deadline for them to decide.

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1611517010554523649

I'd love to blame this on the woke fanbase of LA demanding this, or other wokes within the organization, but I can't.

In reality, some players were highly against his return, most notably good Christian boy Clayton Kershaw, and political conservative Max Muncy. I am not sure why Muncy felt so strongly (maybe he's also Christian?), but I can imagine that Kershaw was just completely disgusted by Bauer's shenanigans. Kershaw is married to his first and only girlfriend (together since high school), and is the guy I'd vote "least likely MLB player to cheat on his wife".
    They're also just really good without him, don't want the headache and money is no object to them. This isn't hard.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Starting pitching quite thin this year on the Dodgers.

Would be nice to have him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Bauer will be a Colorado Rockie. Calling it now
    i kinda figure it will be the A's, who are trying to get out of Oakland and doing what they can to drive down attendance/community attachment to the franchise

or if the collusion amongst mlb owners holds, then Japan or Korean league teams may be a landing place.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Thread Information