Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer is a freak and a weird dude

Load Metric
    Let us not get distracted by wondering where a #3 or #4 arm is going to land.

Bauer claims he was talking with Fraudman in Arizona about a week ago about the possibility of his resuming his role in LA. I only mention because this wasn’t a clear choice by management. Coins were flipped.

This is Fraudman’s greatest failure - there have been many, I know.

Wonder instead the number of days til Bauer drops a Dodger video. Popcorn

Load Metric
    Padres would be epic tho.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Padres would be epic tho.
    That's my concern but I think SD is too woke to go through with it.

Reds are mostly likely destination.

Load Metric
    It’s a lot of fun to look back see how good my Bauer forecast was versus yours Druff.

I was thinking about the anti-Fraudman - Dombrowski in Philly. I stumbled on this piece on “Phillies Nation” Nov 4th 2020 months before Dodgers signed the weirdo.

https://www.philliesnation.com/2020/...-trevor-bauer/

Some nerd chick writer - like she had a crystal ball. She uses the term “stupid money”. She must be taking a shot at the Dodgers - eh? Some fan mag does a better analysis than the self described Dodger nerd trust.

Even if the Phillies were working with “stupid money” this offseason, it would probably be wise to pass on Bauer.

When signing any player to a large contract, teams have to consider the man in both the clubhouse and the community for the next three to five years. Bauer has a polarizing reputation around the league and it’s not because he’s unafraid to call out Commissioner Rob Manfred and troll the Astros with trashcan cleats.

Bauer repeatedly harassed a woman on social media in 2019. He was reluctant to listen to his catcher while in Arizona. He also had to leave in the first inning of Game 3 of the 2016 ALCS after an injury he suffered while repairing his drone became impossible to pitch with.

This isn’t to say Bauer is a sexist or a bad teammate. It’s up to the teams who are interested in signing him to make do with the prior intel they have on Bauer. Conversely, former teammates have praised Bauer in the past. His media presence and willingness to promote his sport could be seen as a positive.

Load Metric
    I’ll save you the effort Druff

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Now here’s some Dodger fun.

There is a feeling that is gaining traction among the cognoscenti that the Dodgers will buy out Bauer.

He’s certainly not playing this year. His trial won’t happen until after Ghislaine’s or Santa’s.

He wasn’t worth $100m anyway - especially without the goo.

Quite a non story Druff
    Certainly not playing this year?

That's a bold statement. He's on a 7-day admin suspension right now (with pay).

There's not even any criminal charges. Recall the situation with Urias. Also a non-story, and after a little eyebrow raising, the whole thing was forgotten. This one will get more attention for two reasons -- Bauer is a bigger star (with a much bigger contract), and the allegations are a lot more interesting to talk about.

I won't say for certain that he's going to return to pitch normally within a short time, but you can't even begin to say at this point that he's done for 2021.
    There’s more.

Off your knees. I’m just a guy and Dodger expert

Load Metric
    It’s a lot of fun to look back see how good my Bauer forecast was versus yours Druff.

I was thinking about the anti-Fraudman - Dombrowski in Philly. I stumbled on this piece on “Phillies Nation” Nov 4th 2020 months before Dodgers signed the weirdo.

https://www.philliesnation.com/2020/...-trevor-bauer/

Some nerd chick writer - like she had a crystal ball. She uses the term “stupid money”. She must be taking a shot at the Dodgers - eh? Some fan mag does a better analysis than the self described Dodger nerd trust.

Even if the Phillies were working with “stupid money” this offseason, it would probably be wise to pass on Bauer.

When signing any player to a large contract, teams have to consider the man in both the clubhouse and the community for the next three to five years. Bauer has a polarizing reputation around the league and it’s not because he’s unafraid to call out Commissioner Rob Manfred and troll the Astros with trashcan cleats.

Bauer repeatedly harassed a woman on social media in 2019.He was reluctant to listen to his catcher while in Arizona. He also had to leave in the first inning of Game 3 of the 2016 ALCS after an injury he suffered while repairing his drone became impossible to pitch with.

This isn’t to say Bauer is a sexist or a bad teammate. It’s up to the teams who are interested in signing him to make do with the prior intel they have on Bauer. Conversely, former teammates have praised Bauer in the past. His media presence and willingness to promote his sport could be seen as a positive.
    wow you can barely tell that article was written by a woman at all, no social justice agenda at all, she doesn't obviously lead off each paragraph with nothing to do with on the field capability and finish it off with generic bullshit filler

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Now... let's take a look at this.

Bauer definitely raises some good points, and it's some of the same points I was raising earlier in this thread (at least with the limited info I had at the time).

This wasn't just an innocent woman beaten by Bauer when he took BDSM sex way too far.

This was someone who had a premeditated plan to target baseball players, and Bauer wasn't the first. Regarding Bauer, she had bragged to a friend that she was going to "get into his head" and manipulate him.

She also was seen in text messages repeatedly stating that she was very turned on from their first session of very rough sex, and was begging to see him again.

Up until today, I didn't know there was apparently financial motivation, as well.

With that said, Bauer's statement actually raises more questions than it answers. His short video drops various evidence bombshells on us, which clearly aren't fabricated (or he'd be sued all over again), but might not be in the exact context we're assuming.

Bauer dropping a 2-minute "speaking out" video and then claiming he's done talking about it is bizarre. He claims he wants to "get back to playing baseball", but he will never pitch in MLB again unless the fully clears himself, so why is he done talking if he's 100% innocent here? He should be shouting the facts from the mountaintops if they have a chance of resurrecting his MLB career.

The questions I have:

1) Why are these texts shown in pieces without better context? If there really was a conspiracy to feign unwanted, intentional injury during sex, and then hit Bauer for money, why isn't that made more clear in the texts shown? The woman being caught discussing Bauer's net worth doesn't mean much. That could be mentioned in a lot of contexts without anything nefarious or criminal going on. In fact, why not just release the entire conversations somewhere?

2) Bauer's accuser is shown videoing herself next to him, full of smiles while in bed. Was this after the first encounter or the second encounter? If it was the first, this doesn't mean much.

3) Why did Bauer agree to mutually drop lawsuits with this woman? If she completely lied about him and he can prove it, and it subsequently ruined his MLB career (which it did), he should be able to win massive damages against her, even if she can't pay them. Why would they settle without Bauer demanding she retract the allegations and apologize? He is much better funded than she is, and could make her life hell with these lawsuits, if he were in the right. He doesn't explain this, and instead just says that the settlement allows him to finally speak out.

4) Why doesn't Bauer just release everything and let the public (and MLB decide)? Clearly there is no confidentiality agreement, or he couldn't have displayed what he did in this video.

5) What about the other accusers, like the one in Ohio? Bauer doesn't address these.

Bottom line is that, yes, I believe the woman here is a predator who had a thing for getting into the pants of MLB players and fucking with their heads. It's no coincidence that she chose Bauer and Fernando Tatis Jr, who are among the more unstable personalities of the sport's big name players.

I don't believe her to be a victim.

At the same time, Bauer is a freak and a weird dude, and probably isn't being completely honest with us about everything.

Load Metric
    At the same time, Bauer is a freak and a weird dude, and probably isn't being completely honest with us about everything.
    The judge's order yesterday says Bauer was never cleared of wrongdoing as he claims.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The judge's order yesterday says Bauer was never cleared of wrongdoing as he claims.
    Yeah, something is weird about this whole thing. I do believe the woman is a piece of shit who set him up, but clearly he also doesn't want us to see the full details. Maybe the full texts will remind people of what a freak and weird dude he is, and doesn't want that seen. Or maybe some of the worst quotes are out of context.

I brought this up on Twitter, and his fanboys gave laughable responses.

"He doesn't have to show anything!"

"You heard him! He wants to move on with his baseball career!"

"He already showed us!"

"Maybe the judge is prohibiting him from showing the full texts"

"He's probably already been signed by an MLB team, so he just needs to move on" (lol)

It's all bullshit. If he can do a video showing snippets of texts from the woman, he can show everything. There's no such court order as, "You can show individual cherry-picked texts from the plaintiff, but you can't show entire conversations!"

While the overall response to his video has been good (even from liberals and "believe all women" types), it's not going to reverse his image with most people unless he really shows the entire goods to where there's zero doubt.

Then of course, there's the matter of the other 3 accusers. It's possible that these women are just trying to get paid, but it's also possible that he has a general pattern of overdoing it during his BDSM sessions, and it just so happens that the one who brought the first public complaint was also a horrible person and a liar.

Load Metric
    “I think everyone is kind of missing the morale of the story here. Trevor Bauer was such a huge fucking asshole and pissed off so many of his teammates, coaches, managers that when he needed people to stand up for him not a single person wanted to help him.”
    @spreadpedia

I think this was the girl he shared with Tatis. Tatis is gonna be his team mate in Japan sooner than later. Tatis is a similarly selfish degenerate it appears.

Load Metric

Yeah, something is weird about this whole thing. I do believe the woman is a piece of shit who set him up, but clearly he also doesn't want us to see the full details. Maybe the full texts will remind people of what a freak and weird dude he is, and doesn't want that seen. Or maybe some of the worst quotes are out of context.

"He already showed us!"

"He's probably already been signed by an MLB team, so he just needs to move on" (lol)

It's all bullshit. If he can do a video showing snippets of texts from the woman, he can show everything. There's no such court order as, "You can show individual cherry-picked texts from the plaintiff, but you can't show entire conversations!"

While the overall response to his video has been good (even from liberals and "believe all women" types), it's not going to reverse his image with most people unless he really shows the entire goods to where there's zero doubt.

Then of course, there's the matter of the other 3 accusers. It's possible that these women are just trying to get paid, but it's also possible that he has a general pattern of overdoing it during his BDSM sessions, and it just so happens that the one who brought the first public complaint was also a horrible person and a liar.
    Yes, whenever there's multiple it's tough to overlook, where there's smoke there's fire. He also seems kind of dumb but I could be wrong, never really heard him talk

I do wonder about in cases like Deshaun Watson, where over two dozen women have accused and most have settled.

Obviously he's a scumbag predator but its a freeroll if you massaged him and there wasnt anything else. Likely there's more legit victims who didn't come forward but in cases like Cosby and Watson it's likely that someone cashed in.

Comments

mickeycrimm: How many times did you and Trevor have sex?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

"He already showed us!"

This is a good take. People feel he’s vindicated, but I think for most, we never thought he broke any law. Always viewed the girl as a head case. It was more about who wants to beat women up? Do you want to cheer for that dude?

Load Metric
    The Dodgers organization certainly isn’t any pillar of moral turpitude. If they didn’t have to answer to public opinion Bauer might very likely be the #2 in the rotation now.

However, I do not believe the current Dodger roster of players would stand for Bauer sharing their uniform. Led by Kershaw, I believe they are a good bunch of guys. Better than most even.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bauer still does not have a MLB team for 2024, despite pitching well last year in Korea, and despite looking good in a game against a minor league Dodgers team (he was playing on an independent team).

It does look like the league is simply blackballing him at this point, despite it being fairly clear he was set up:

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/status/1767251426194210928

This is actually worse than the situation with Yasiel Puig, who also was set up by a woman with false allegations. The difference here is that Puig had already run himself out of the league between bad behavior and mediocre play. Even without that scandal, teams were kind of done with Puig and his distractions.

Bauer is also known to be a distraction (even before this matter), but he seems to be a lot more valuable than Puig was at the time his career fell apart. Imagine getting a pitcher of Bauer's caliber for the MLB minimum? Small market teams should be jumping on this.

I think there's an unofficial agreement among owners to just let Bauer go, because the sport doesn't want to bring him back and then look awful when one of the other allegations against him turns out ot be credible. It's very tough to explain to fans, "Well, yeah, THIS woman seems to have been a crackpot who set Bauer up, and their rough sex was totally consensual, and she probably hurt herself on purpose after she left him. Why are other women also coming forward with similar allegations against Bauer? Uhh.... we'll get back to you on that!"

Load Metric
    Bauer still does not have a MLB team for 2024, despite pitching well last year in Korea, and despite looking good in a game against a minor league Dodgers team (he was playing on an independent team).

It does look like the league is simply blackballing him at this point, despite it being fairly clear he was set up:

This is actually worse than the situation with Yasiel Puig, who also was set up by a woman with false allegations. The difference here is that Puig had already run himself out of the league between bad behavior and mediocre play. Even without that scandal, teams were kind of done with Puig and his distractions.

Bauer is also known to be a distraction (even before this matter), but he seems to be a lot more valuable than Puig was at the time his career fell apart. Imagine getting a pitcher of Bauer's caliber for the MLB minimum? Small market teams should be jumping on this.

I think there's an unofficial agreement among owners to just let Bauer go, because the sport doesn't want to bring him back and then look awful when one of the other allegations against him turns out ot be credible. It's very tough to explain to fans, "Well, yeah, THIS woman seems to have been a crackpot who set Bauer up, and their rough sex was totally consensual, and she probably hurt herself on purpose after she left him. Why are other women also coming forward with similar allegations against Bauer? Uhh.... we'll get back to you on that!"
    I recognize you desperately want to make Bauer a poster boy for some kind of anti-woke cause. Or perhaps somehow salvage how badly you whiffed on your original Bauer prognostication.

Here are the facts. Bauer is a freak and a weird dude. General managers could ignore this as Andrew Friedman did and suffer as the Dodgers did. They won’t.

Bauer also is not gonna be a locker room or fan favorite. Mothers just arent gonna be excited about their 9 year old sons leaning over the bullpen trying to get Bauer’s attention.

Jersey sales aren’t gonna make up for the risk exposure either.

No words were spoken. What you are witnessing from GM’s is just a collective cringe and no small measure of sound career insurance.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Don’t forget Nicky Pipes was the first and only forum poster to stand by Trevor Bauer and give him due process of the law

I told you he should never have been suspended

He did nothing wrong some broad lied trying to get a payday

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    Don’t forget Nicky Pipes was the first and only forum poster to stand by Trevor Bauer and give him due process of the law

I told you he should never have been suspended

He did nothing wrong some broad lied trying to get a payday
    Justice was never really my interest. This was a Dodgers story for me.

Customer perception matters in business too. How your sales people conduct themselves will matter. Bauer was an entertainment product so image was even more important.

There was always a part of me that wanted to see Bauer take the mound in woke Dodger stadium. Somehow i do not think the Hispanics would be huge fans either.

Will be interesting if there is any ball fondling between the Dodgers players and Bauer pre or post game. Awkward.

Load Metric

I recognize you desperately want to make Bauer a poster boy for some kind of anti-woke cause. Or perhaps somehow salvage how badly you whiffed on your original Bauer prognostication.

Here are the facts. Bauer is a freak and a weird dude. General managers could ignore this as Andrew Friedman did and suffer as the Dodgers did. They won’t.

Bauer also is not gonna be a locker room or fan favorite. Mothers just arent gonna be excited about their 9 year old sons leaning over the bullpen trying to get Bauer’s attention.

Jersey sales aren’t gonna make up for the risk exposure either.

No words were spoken. What you are witnessing from GM’s is just a collective cringe and no small measure of sound career insurance.
    Still interesting to me how there was a huge market for DeShaun Watson the moment teams learned he wouldn't be charged. Franchise QB is a much more salient position than some pitcher, and it doesnt seem to matter much now.

Being weird and freaky, choking and punching vaginas seems to be much more of a headache to deal with than 20+ accusations of what was largely termed misconduct.

And honestly there's probably more that teams uncovered ahout him. He does seem like a huge faggot though.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I think he had buttsex with her after he choked her out. Hard to see a viable claim of consent if you're passed out.

Also, his teammates hate him.

Thread Information