Thread: UFC signs Crypto deal with Crypto.Com

Load Metric

UFC signs Crypto deal with Crypto.Com

Kind of a sign here of more 'Mainstream Adoption' things for Crypto now in general

https://sports.yahoo.com/ufc-inks-17...104559159.html

Load Metric
    this is great for the ecosystem but the (backend) devs already know that haha lol

Comments

Sheesfaced: You’re playing great

garrett: You played like shit and I crushed you, have a nice day..
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    It's a win/win really for the UFC and the fighters

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/7/9...nings-mma-news

Truthfully imo, in general it does without actually knowing all the details of course, seem as if, UFC fighters in general are getting the way short end of the stick. And getting hit in head too many times (Risk) for it.

imo UFC fighters pay has to go up in general, along with everything else mainly the long-term healthcare as well. UFC is ha d and ha d with Crypto is seems here so they will make some money for sure now. Plus full capacity Events Horizon is very bright for the UFC right now seems like.

Load Metric
    You dumb fuck, fighters get literally zero money from the deal. It's not a win in the slightest for the fighters.

Comments

garrett: lol says the self proclaimed 'Mass-hole' unreal, any more money to the fighter is always good dipshit

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    It's a win/win really for the UFC and the fighters

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/7/9...nings-mma-news

Truthfully imo, in general it does without actually knowing all the details of course, seem as if, UFC fighters in general are getting the way short end of the stick. And getting hit in head too many times (Risk) for it.

imo UFC fighters pay has to go up in general, along with everything else mainly the long-term healthcare as well. UFC is ha d and ha d with Crypto is seems here so they will make some money for sure now. Plus full capacity Events Horizon is very bright for the UFC right now seems like.
    Garrett knows a thing or two about debilitating head injuries
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    garrett: lol says the self proclaimed 'Mass-hole' unreal, any more money to the fighter is always good dipshit

First, I'm not a self proclaimed masshole, and you won't find a single post on this board where I proclaim myself as such, knucklehead.

Second, FIGHTERS GET NO CUT OF THE UFC'S CRYPTO DEAL. THIS IS KNOWN, IT HAS BEEN REPORTED, AND THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF WHY IT ISN'T GOOD FOR THE FIGHTERS. AGAIN, PROVE ME WRONG IF YOU THINK YOU CAN. Moron.

The entire $175,000,000 goes directly to the UFC with no cut going to the fighters. No qualifiers, no bonus for wearing the logo on the uniform, nothing. ZERO DOLLARS.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-10-2021 at 08:03 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    They gave out $75k bonuses when it’s usually $50k, wonder if this is why

Comments

garrett: Of course it was because of this, it's Trickle down Economics at play here...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    They gave out $75k bonuses when it’s usually $50k, wonder if this is why
    That's a good question, Pipes, and its one most long-term MMA fans can answer for you pretty easily. On very rare occasions, at the biggest events, Dana will sometimes give out larger bonuses to fire up the guys, as Dana puts it. The first big show in Vegas after the pandemic with Conor on the card is such an event.

The most recent example?

Two months ago. UFC 262 in Houston. The bonuses were $75K. Which was before the Crypto deal, btw.

But maybe they'll stay at $75K because of all the trickle down economics garrett thinks are a good thing? Well, no, because at the post fight press conference, Dana was asked exactly that, and he said not to expect the bonuses to be permanent, because they take their budget seriously.

Think about that for a second, garrett. Pipes, I'm sure you get the point, but I doubt garrett does. The UFC is getting something like $10 million guaranteed for each show from ESPN just for putting on the event regardless of the card, they get whatever millions in gate, and they have a new income stream that gives them one hundred seventy five million dollars ($175,000,000) over the next 5 years, but an extra $100K in total bonus money just isn't in the budget for anything but the biggest or most special shows.

Load Metric
    Crowe I hope you do not think that very large Publicly Traded Companies with SEC reasons, not to just come out and Post really pertinent Company intentions. Game Theory reasons then announce the most prudent things. Hidden in a fast Dana White presser. it just doesn't work lIke that for even just Game Theory reasons.

In the past 1-2 years the UFC has navigated it all, with fight island excellently I think. And now moving forward at least in the short-term it will benefit the UFC now, Americans didnt have sports always. But the UFC was giving us fight cards and that was great. I think that was a very smart thing to accomplish with everything going on in the world per Covid etc.

Comments

WillieMcFML: shut up garrett
    Last edited by garrett; 07-11-2021 at 02:23 PM.

Load Metric
    I'm not gonna argue anymore with a guy who's posts make no sense.

When the next show is back down at $50K, and the one after that, and the one after that, we'll all know who was right. Well, most of us will. Some don't seem to understand anything, and I fear it's not really cool or fun for me to call people names when they may well have serious neurological issues or disabilities underneath.

Load Metric
    FYI, last 2 events had $50K post fight bonuses.

lol trickle down bullshit...

Load Metric
    To expect it all to happen overnight, and changes in a month or two massively. Is probably not gonna happen but give it a year or two and you'd hope, it does trickle down more to the ones getting hit in head more. With the UFC the money comes from the Top of course, down. Give it a year or two Crowe, not a quick weeks or month guy, anyway.

Load Metric
    everyone knows "trickle down economics" take a year or two to "trickle down"

garrett wins again
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    This piece actually falls right in line with this thread, so figured I'd drop it here.

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/7/26/2...2-265-mma-news

Load Metric
    Quick UFC update: fighters still not seeing any benefits from any of the endorsement deals, and the UFC only gave out 3 $50K bonuses last event.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...-Checks-183126

There is no trickle down. It all goes to Endeavor.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/11/...ollars-in-2021

Comments

Sheesfaced: But what about game theory reasons Crowe?

Load Metric
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/18/t...center-la.html

Crypto.Com now renaming the Staples Center, you're an amateur little boy (Crowe)....

nice try tho

Comments

Gordman: SHUTUP GARRETT

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/18/t...center-la.html

Crypto.Com now renaming the Staples Center, you're an amateur little boy (Crowe)....

nice try tho
    I swear to God you have no reading comprehension.

Every post I made in this thread is about how the crypto.com deal isn't any good for the UFC fighters. I make a post about how profitable the UFC is, and yet how they just give out fewer bonuses than EVER before, and you respond with "nah dude, crypto.com is getting the staples center naming rights."

I get what I deserve, I guess.

Comments

Gordman: LOL

garrett: One day you'll realize that I talk common sense not nonsense like you fkn idiots

NaturalBornHustler: Offset the retard

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Dana Whites taking too many lessons from Vince McMahon on the arrogance front as far as thinking hes the reason for the success of UFC.. WWE has had that problem for awhile due to being the primetime sports entertainment model out there but AEW is being making inroads and I hate to tell Dana Bellator is getting a lot closer to nipping his heels then he thinks.. Continue to fuck with the fighters Dana and see what happens.. This bullshit with Ngannou is a prime example.. Ngannou is literally telling Dana if I win at UFC 270 youre going to have to strip me of the title because I refuse to do another three fights under a slave contract that pays me shit using the Champions extension clause. Its a bad look and guys walking away at an accelerating rate. I mean I think JBJ is a totally douchebag asshat but even he's about had enough and if JBJ goes to Bellator it could be the sign the dams about to break on UFC big time.

The fighters are how you hold cards and make your billions for UFC Dana you've literally fucked them over non stop since the start of the banning out outside sponsorships under your watch.

Comments

garrett: lol well his best play is kinda play dumb to much of it lol..

Thread Information