Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burial or Cremation?

Silver
    Load Metric

Burial or Cremation?

I recently let all family members know, in the event of a untimely death of myself, I do not want to be buried. The thought of ants harvesting my flesh for colonies, or a snake giving birth in my eye socket creeps me out. I will be going the heated burn.

Thoughts?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieBensonFan View Post
    I recently let all family members know, in the event of a untimely death of myself, I do not want to be buried. The thought of ants harvesting my flesh for colonies, or a snake giving birth in my eye socket creeps me out. I will be going the heated burn.

Thoughts?
    Get it in writing?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I wish cryonics was more advanced/reliable or I would actually consider it. (This is assuming I could be frozen before actual death, such as if I came down with cancer or some other incurable disease.)

Unfortunately, at this point it's pretty much a panic-driven waste of money, and at the moment it would be unlikely to work, even if future technology were to come up with a cure for that particular disease. There are too many side-effects from freezing a human body that would make a successful revival unlikely.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I wish cryonics was more advanced/reliable or I would actually consider it. (This is assuming I could be frozen before actual death, such as if I came down with cancer or some other incurable disease.)

Unfortunately, at this point it's pretty much a panic-driven waste of money, and at the moment it would be unlikely to work, even if future technology were to come up with a cure for that particular disease. There are too many side-effects from freezing a human body that would make a successful revival unlikely.
    What a fucking mess the world would be if people started living significantly longer. What an epic sense of self importance anyone has who actually thinks they should own a piece of this earth beyond their life. Burying in plots is for egocentric fools.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I don't care what they do with my body after I'm dead.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post
    That's how I feel, feed me to my dogs for all I care, maybe my life can give them one final enjoyable moment, a delicious meal.

Load Metric

Thoughts?

Caskets last for hundreds of years. By the time the ants and snakes get to you, its not going to matter.

Bury the fuck out of me. When you are cremated, you truly no longer exist. I want to be a pain in the ass to someone after I'm gone, even if its the poor loser that's mowing around my headstone.

Our family plot is on top of a hill that overlooks a country road. Very nice spot.

Come to think of it, I've really got something to look forward to.

Thanks RBF.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

Thoughts?

Caskets last for hundreds of years. By the time the ants and snakes get to you, its not going to matter.

Bury the fuck out of me. When you are cremated, you truly no longer exist. I want to be a pain in the ass to someone after I'm gone, even if its the poor loser that's mowing around my headstone.

Our family plot is on top of a hill that overlooks a country road. Very nice spot.

Thanks RBF.
    The thing about burials is you can re-surface. There were reports of coffins emerging in LA after Isaac. Then there is the very tragic example where Vwls Mom dropped off a cliff.

The safest way is cremation. I am not an advocate of freezing as Druff alluded to. Steve Jobs was worth many of billions and mailed it in for the win.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danzo View Post
    That's how I feel, feed me to my dogs for all I care, maybe my life can give them one final enjoyable moment, a delicious meal.
    Gives a whole new meaning to "bite me".

Cremation for me. It's in my will.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Cremation. Both of my maternal grandparents had open caskets and it was ghastly.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

What a fucking mess the world would be if people started living significantly longer. What an epic sense of self importance anyone has who actually thinks they should own a piece of this earth beyond their life. Burying in plots is for egocentric fools.
    Longer lifespans would not be the disaster you think it would.

By the time they are achievable, there will be significant technological improvements that will enable quality of life without burdening the younger population all that much.

You can make high-minded statements that people don't deserve to live beyond the standard human lifespan, but if given the choice to extend your life (and not live in pain/disability), I'm sure you would do it.

Load Metric
    burial

if you are cremated the person with your ashes can flush you down the toilet

Load Metric

By the time they are achievable, there will be significant technological improvements that will enable quality of life without burdening the younger population all that much.

You can make high-minded statements that people don't deserve to live beyond the standard human lifespan, but if given the choice to extend your life (and not live in pain/disability), I'm sure you would do it.
    I disagree. Longer lifespans would exasperate the economic disparity between the haves and the have nots. The disenchanted powerless youth would eventually revolt and start killing the old freaks off. Not to mention the population issues. We already have way too many humans on this planet.

I already have a living will preventing resuscitation. I want no part of life as a curmudgeon. I figure 70 is top top.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

Thoughts?

Thanks RBF.
    What, waking up each morning to a beautiful sunrise? You'll be dead as shit.

I think I'll give my body to science and they can do whatever with the leftovers. If I don't outlive my spouse she can do what she wants with me. Cremation is cheaper, so I guess I'd prefer that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    burial

if you are cremated the person with your ashes can flush you down the toilet
    You are missing the point. YOU ARE DEAD. So it doesn't fucking matter! YOU ARE DEAD.

Any penny spent on me after I am dead is a penny wasted. (I'm not even a jew and I think this)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I disagree. Longer lifespans would exasperate the economic disparity between the haves and the have nots. The disenchanted powerless youth would eventually revolt and start killing the old freaks off. Not to mention the population issues. We already have way too many humans on this planet.

I already have a living will preventing resuscitation. I want no part of life as a curmudgeon. I figure 70 is top top.
    You are assuming that medical advances allowing significantly longer life would leave everyone helpless after 65. It would be a fair assumption to say that longer lifespans would also extend productive years.

The planet actually isn't too crowded. There is plenty of room on earth. The only real challenges to a growing population are energy and food -- both of which will become easier as the years pass.

It is not unrealistic to believe that the planet will easily be able to support 100 billion people in the future.

Load Metric

Thoughts?

You should be cremated and then flushed down one of the toilets you have installed

Load Metric
    My mom insisted she wanted to be buried, not burned, and after seeing how much it all costs, I'm totally fine with cremation. whatever's cheapest - def put it in writing though. Also get a DNR. Resuscitation is bullshit.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    My mom insisted she wanted to be buried, not burned, and after seeing how much it all costs, I'm totally fine with cremation. whatever's cheapest - def put it in writing though. Also get a DNR. Resuscitation is bullshit.
    Could you expound on this DNR philosophy? Are you saying if you are in an accident when you are 47 years old, and your could live another 50 years of a healthy productive life if the doctors save you, that you would prefer to just die?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information