Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Left wing anti-Semitism

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Left wing anti-Semitism

Surprisingly, CNN published an article about two left wing Jewish college students who have been facing lots of anti-Semitic attacks, threats, and intolerance from fellow leftist students.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/30/us/am...soh/index.html

I was pretty shocked to see CNN publishing this, because they've mostly avoided addressing the growing left wing anti-Semitism on college campuses.

Of course, the article does the lazy "both sides" thing to make it look like these two students are facing hate from both the left and right, yet it fails to outline a single case of right-wing anti-Semitism they faced on campus. I think it's pretty obvious which political side the college anti-Semites reside.

This has long been my point about college anti-Semtiism. White supremacists don't typically attend universities, and the few that do tend not to be vocal about their beliefs. It's all from the left. Trump passed a law attempting to combat this (forcing colleges receiving federal funding to treat anti-Semitism the same way they treat other forms of bigotry), and the left (lncluding many Jews) had the nerve to claim Trump's efforts were actualy anti-Semitic!

At the time, I made the argument that, yes, college anti-Semitism was on the rise, and that it was almost all from left wingers. This has been the dirty little secret of "tolerant progressives" on campuses nationwide for the past decade or so, especially recently.

So it's not "both sides", and I can guarantee that these Jews would be welcomed into right wing spaces on campus. Notice that the article fails to name a single right-wing attack they've endured, but details loads of attacks from the left.

I've tried to convince fellow Jews that Democrats have left them. Open anti-Semites such as "The Squad" and others are flourishing within the party, and hating on Jews has become en vogue among leftists. At the same time, aside from a few bigoted white trash idiots with no power in the party (except perhaps Marjorie Taylor-Green, who also has little power), the right has become very welcoming to Jews and supportive of Israel. I should know, because I am a right wing Jew, and I haven't had a problem with acceptance in right wing circles, either online or in person.

One day I'm hoping that Jews wake up and realize that the party supporting them doesn't start with a "D" anymore.

Comments

splitthis: If u ain’t black, it don’t matter

Gold
    Load Metric
    I saw that article too (hyperlink from Drudge, I don't do CNN) and was amused that the article kept doing the "both sides" thing and showing the tiki torch photo, while all the stories were of left wing bigotry.

But yeah, I have made this comment before, but within the next generation I definitely see Jews jumping ship from the D party. Whether they end up in the R party is going to do a lot with how the R party is able/willing to reform itself. I admit I predicted the R party would have already moved on from Trump and attempted to reform and modernize and market itself to the majority of Americans fed up with left wing excess, and that clearly isn't happening. So I don't know what is going to happen.

Anyways, I view this article and some of the top Dem Jews pushing back at the squad's open anti-semitism as feeble attempts by the left to contain the monster they created. But IMO it is too little too late and once most of the older generation of Jews are gone (another 10 years or so) they will be replaced by younger generation of BIPOC open antisemites, and antisemitism will become even more normalized within the Dem party/progressive culture.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I also find it amusing that Omar is getting heat for comparing Israel and the US to Hamas and other Islamic terrorist groups, when I am pretty confident in her mind she felt she was making a mea culpa, and actually thinks Israel and the US are much worse than Hamas. Good luck ever finding her say anything negative about Islamic terrorism.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I follow Blake on IG and have reached out via DMs in the past. He is the cofounder of The New Zionist Congress and runs a podcast on Clubhouse every Wed. For those who align themselves with Zionist teachings, there are great conversations and dialogue.

Comments

gimmick: in the words of your friend, n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word n-word

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    I also find it amusing that Omar is getting heat for comparing Israel and the US to Hamas and other Islamic terrorist groups, when I am pretty confident in her mind she felt she was making a mea culpa, and actually thinks Israel and the US are much worse than Hamas. Good luck ever finding her say anything negative about Islamic terrorism.
    This new crop of Dems are just the new generation of anti-Semites. I remember back when I was in my pre-teens, Farrakhan, Sharpton and the like were getting all the attention for their despicable behavior and now it seems they have passed on the torch to them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Surprisingly, CNN published an article about two left wing Jewish college students who have been facing lots of anti-Semitic attacks, threats, and intolerance from fellow leftist students.

I was pretty shocked to see CNN publishing this, because they've mostly avoided addressing the growing left wing anti-Semitism on college campuses.

Of course, the article does the lazy "both sides" thing to make it look like these two students are facing hate from both the left and right, yet it fails to outline a single case of right-wing anti-Semitism they faced on campus. I think it's pretty obvious which political side the college anti-Semites reside.

This has long been my point about college anti-Semtiism. White supremacists don't typically attend universities, and the few that do tend not to be vocal about their beliefs. It's all from the left. Trump passed a law attempting to combat this (forcing colleges receiving federal funding to treat anti-Semitism the same way they treat other forms of bigotry), and the left (lncluding many Jews) had the nerve to claim Trump's efforts were actualy anti-Semitic!

At the time, I made the argument that, yes, college anti-Semitism was on the rise, and that it was almost all from left wingers. This has been the dirty little secret of "tolerant progressives" on campuses nationwide for the past decade or so, especially recently.

So it's not "both sides", and I can guarantee that these Jews would be welcomed into right wing spaces on campus. Notice that the article fails to name a single right-wing attack they've endured, but details loads of attacks from the left.

I've tried to convince fellow Jews that Democrats have left them. Open anti-Semites such as "The Squad" and others are flourishing within the party, and hating on Jews has become en vogue among leftists. At the same time, aside from a few bigoted white trash idiots with no power in the party (except perhaps Marjorie Taylor-Green, who also has little power), the right has become very welcoming to Jews and supportive of Israel. I should know, because I am a right wing Jew, and I haven't had a problem with acceptance in right wing circles, either online or in person.

One day I'm hoping that Jews wake up and realize that the party supporting them doesn't start with a "D" anymore.
    They don't spend too much time outlining the party affiliation of any threat/slur incident.

Only that calling yourself openly as a Zionist tends to come with baggage.

Can't see anything wrong with referring State of Israel with the words like "apartheid", "colonialization", "ethnic-cleansing" or "act of terrorism".

If you're a public person online with barely any following, then you will get death threats and a collection of slurs.

ps. if it helps Kalam agrees with you, i'm sure you're not offended by his use of "cabal" to describe all things evil, not like that word has any casual antisemitic connection

Load Metric
    Also fairly sure antisemitism ended in 1945 when Hitler moved to South-America. Some families might have seen some ripple effects, but come on it's been 75 years. Just get over it. Have some personal responsibility. Whatever you do, just don't teach kids anything about it unless it's presented as only a theory and opposing views are presented in the same class.

Comments

OSA: not funny

dwai: I c wat u did

Walter Sobchak: Spot on

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Can't see anything wrong with referring State of Israel with the words like "apartheid", "colonialization", "ethnic-cleansing" or "act of terrorism".

This is a very Anti-Semitic thing to say.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

Feel free to explain.

Load Metric
    Also fairly sure antisemitism ended in 1945 when Hitler moved to South-America. Some families might have seen some ripple effects, but come on it's been 75 years. Just get over it. Have some personal responsibility. Whatever you do, just don't teach kids anything about it unless it's presented as only a theory and opposing views are presented in the same class.
    I know this post is needling Druff, but at the same time I have heard/read that "cmon its been 75 years...." said seriously.

As long as the blacks can keep going on about slavery and reparations, the jews can hang on to anti-semitism for a bit longer as well.

Comments

gimmick: obv and both have had much more recent obstacles within US

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It’s a nothing bagel

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Load Metric
    The 49 page pdf about a study that was referred in the CNN article that no one will ever read...

"According to a 2020 poll, 62% of Americans — and 88% of Jewish Americans — consider antisemitism a problem."

"While we find evidence consistent with theories of both left-wing and right-wing antisemitism, the results convey an unambiguous message that antisemitic attitudes are far more prevalent on the right."

"these racial groups tend to vote for Democrats (and therefore with the political left), past research suggests a relationship between minority groups and antisemitism that is distinct from the relationship between the political left and antisemitism"

"the relationship between ideology and antisemitic attitudes is much stronger among young people than older people. For younger respondents, the relationship increases sharply as one moves ideologically from left to right" -from page 17 onwards

"Among young people, 30% of white, Black, and Latino respondents, and 25% of college students, identify as conservative. Racial groups across the ideological spectrum and students on the right are distinctly supportive of antisemitic statements."

"In measures examining double standards, we find evidence on the left of anti-Jewish double standards compared to Muslim Americans and Indian Americans. The right exhibits strong anti-Muslim double standards. However, in these measures too, the anti-Jewish attitudes on the left are small in magnitude compared to the anti-Jewish attitudes on the right."

...if something riveting happens after page 35 i wouldn't know. It's 2020 study about young Americans in regards to antisemitism with partisanship as a core focus.

https://www.eitanhersh.com/uploads/7...ism_040921.pdf

For the actual body count you have 2 groups that more or less cover the whole spectrum. One is kids that are alt-right and then we have Farrakhan ripples. Nation of Islam is basically black Zionists. They want their own Israel, the right wing version of it that has been in power since the 70s.

Load Metric

Feel free to explain.

Res ipsa loquitur. No explanation necessary.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The 49 page pdf about a study that was referred in the CNN article that no one will ever read...

"According to a 2020 poll, 62% of Americans — and 88% of Jewish Americans — consider antisemitism a problem."

"While we find evidence consistent with theories of both left-wing and right-wing antisemitism, the results convey an unambiguous message that antisemitic attitudes are far more prevalent on the right."

"these racial groups tend to vote for Democrats (and therefore with the political left), past research suggests a relationship between minority groups and antisemitism that is distinct from the relationship between the political left and antisemitism"

"the relationship between ideology and antisemitic attitudes is much stronger among young people than older people. For younger respondents, the relationship increases sharply as one moves ideologically from left to right" -from page 17 onwards

"Among young people, 30% of white, Black, and Latino respondents, and 25% of college students, identify as conservative. Racial groups across the ideological spectrum and students on the right are distinctly supportive of antisemitic statements."

"In measures examining double standards, we find evidence on the left of anti-Jewish double standards compared to Muslim Americans and Indian Americans. The right exhibits strong anti-Muslim double standards. However, in these measures too, the anti-Jewish attitudes on the left are small in magnitude compared to the anti-Jewish attitudes on the right."

...if something riveting happens after page 35 i wouldn't know. It's 2020 study about young Americans in regards to antisemitism with partisanship as a core focus.

https://www.eitanhersh.com/uploads/7...ism_040921.pdf

For the actual body count you have 2 groups that more or less cover the whole spectrum. One is kids that are alt-right and then we have Farrakhan ripples. Nation of Islam is basically black Zionists. They want their own Israel, the right wing version of it that has been in power since the 70s.
    Very nice, someone took the time to read the original article which is based based on studies/polls. The one person to investigate uncovers hype and disinformation up the ying yang. Not that it’s new but it shows how many people accept a tweet or words from group that are factually wrong.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I know this post is needling Druff, but at the same time I have heard/read that "cmon its been 75 years...." said seriously.

As long as the blacks can keep going on about slavery and reparations, the jews can hang on to anti-semitism for a bit longer as well.
    In one of the threads where Druff is convinced i'm an anti-Semite we went through some of the reasons for Jews exceptional success in America. One of those was unexpected consequences of anti-Semitism. In the late 19th and early 20th century Jews were kept out of the more lucrative commercial banking sector. They were forced to start their own investment banking firms with capital from the old country. Today commercial banking is a side hustle for investment banks.

The other industry that they were allowed to operate in was entertainment. Moving pictures especially.

Today's allegory would be that Jewish money was only good to buy BTC and ETH in early-mid 2010s.

Blacks didn't really have an accidental windfall that created generational wealth. They rarely owned anything or even had the IP. Mostly thinking music or sports. There just wasn't too much capital coming from their old country. Hence Whites with Jews included made most of the money of their work.

Load Metric

Feel free to explain.

Quaeque rumpenda tuum in ano est.

Explain or STFU.

Load Metric

Quaeque rumpenda tuum in ano est.

Explain or STFU.

"Res Ipsa Loquitur" means "The Thing Speaks for itself". When you call Israel an Apartheid State, you are making an Anti-Semitic comment, pure and simple.

gimmick=Ilhan Omar
    Last edited by Cerveza Fria; 07-01-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Load Metric
    The way I remembered it, the alt right views Jews as impure while the extreme left views them as white.

It was always a source of irony that I chose to hip pocket here

Tell me I’m wrong

Load Metric
    I saw that article too (hyperlink from Drudge, I don't do CNN) and was amused that the article kept doing the "both sides" thing and showing the tiki torch photo, while all the stories were of left wing bigotry.

But yeah, I have made this comment before, but within the next generation I definitely see Jews jumping ship from the D party. Whether they end up in the R party is going to do a lot with how the R party is able/willing to reform itself. I admit I predicted the R party would have already moved on from Trump and attempted to reform and modernize and market itself to the majority of Americans fed up with left wing excess, and that clearly isn't happening. So I don't know what is going to happen.

Anyways, I view this article and some of the top Dem Jews pushing back at the squad's open anti-semitism as feeble attempts by the left to contain the monster they created. But IMO it is too little too late and once most of the older generation of Jews are gone (another 10 years or so) they will be replaced by younger generation of BIPOC open antisemites, and antisemitism will become even more normalized within the Dem party/progressive culture.
    Itll happen what I suspect is coming in a major split politically in this country and its already happening.. The Dems are facing their own internal civil war between the far left whacker mob like AOC Omar etc and the centrists like Conyers who just backed the opposition to Bernies candidate in OH-11 the special election.. I still believe whats coming is a far left party a far right party and a centrist which likely will be what becomes of the GOP party with Dems like Sinema and Machen joining GOP middle roaders.. So we will see a Progressive Party, Conservative Party and a more centrist reborn Republican Party in the end..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    This new crop of Dems are just the new generation of anti-Semites. I remember back when I was in my pre-teens, Farrakhan, Sharpton and the like were getting all the attention for their despicable behavior and now it seems they have passed on the torch to them.
    For once we definitely agree OSA scary as it might seem thing is Sharpton is still out there and so is the Black Antisemite and avowed Black Racist Farrakhan (but not as noticiably).. MLK would be disgusted by whats happened to his movement for Civil rights in this country.. They take 3 steps forward and 2 back and then 2 forward and three back like a cha cha.. His dream of people being judged by their character and not skin color is getting further and further away with shit like CRT being shoved down peoples throats.. Why they think hate whitey and hate yourself for being white is any more acceptable when they do it when it was just as abhorrent and disgusting under the KKK and assholes like Strom Thurmond, Robert Byrd, were doing the same shit against blacks in this country decades ago.. BLM is a joke 14 blacks were shot unjustifiably according to most recent stats by police while over 100 whites were also during the same statistical period it actually means by pct whites were mor e likely to be shot by police indiscriminately then blacks (although I believe that 100 number included hispanics as well). Meanwhile the major of blacks shot and killed were by fellow blacks in crimes in cities with very strict gun laws to boot.. If BLM really gave a fuck about black lives they should be out there protesting the black criminals killing fellow blacks in reality.. No because its not politically expedient and doesnt match the political goals of the organization which is rooted in Marxist and indeed segregationist/racist orgins of its own.. (ironic that this country spent 100 yrs trying to undo the segregationist bullshit that happened after the civil war and in less then 50 years the blacks want to reinstitute it themselves with black only meeting places on colleges, etc).

Thread Information